Page 1 of 277 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: RP Discussion and Ideas thread

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

RP Discussion and Ideas thread

Just thought it would be nice to have a thread solely for ideas, so that anyone who had an idea for an RP but was unsure about the level of interest in the board could gauge such things. The general idea is to to discuss ideas for RPs, maybe come up with fast some roleplaying systems or rules ideas, and other such concepts

Oh Alf.

Always doing things other than writing the next chapters for your fics~
    -Insert witty signature here-

I got the recent urge to play a post-apocalyptic Nasuverse setting. Maybe centuries or some time after a bad 5th Grail War.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm just putting up the thread, not filling it with ideas.

Sure you are.
    Sure you are.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Blog Entries
    Personally, I favour fast-paced RPs. So perhaps we can have more of that?

I also feels that BL RPs are almost restricted to the concept of a Grail War, or at least related to it. It'd be great if we can somehow break out of that circle. DDD RP anyone?

*realised only a tiny bit of DDD has been translated*

nvm...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangstrike View Post
    I got the recent urge to play a post-apocalyptic Nasuverse setting. Maybe centuries or some time after a bad 5th Grail War.
    You mean like a Notes RP?

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Didn't Erl say he was going to make a Notes RP one of these days?

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    You mean like a Notes RP?
    I am interested in Notes, but that wasn't exactly what I had in mind, or at least not that far into the future.

For example, kind of like Bryn's Ragnarok RP, except there's no Grail War. It's after the fifth war, Angra Mainyu ravaged the world, but people fought back and stopped him, though he still did a number on the world. Now, there's the question of how the denizens of the moonlit world are gonna react now that the population of normal humans have been curved. Do Magi try to instate some kind of magocracy? Do the Vamps swoop in and make human farms before their prey dies out? What about humans? Are they just gonna roll over or form new societies revolving around clans like demon hunters and psychics? Did Angra Mainyu's ravage of the world give birth to any new goodies - demons, mutants, etc.?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh, well, that could be interesting...

Hmm, doesn't the Nasuverse already have mutants? I think they're called Espers?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You mean the psychics like Fujino, Azaka, etc?

Well, when I was talking about mutants I wasn't limiting it to just espers. You can think of them as like X-men style or the Barbaroi from Vampire Hunter D. I guess I meant like new breeds of creatures that hadn't been seen or existed before.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    You mean the psychics like Fujino, Azaka, etc?
    Exactly, I haven't read KnK yet so I wasn't sure if they were something else.

Blog Entries
    I think Fang is talking about physical mutants, like humans with 3 arms...

Also, Fang's idea begs the question, which I haven't been able to answer for Ragnarok either: why did Gaia or the Counter Force allow it to happen? The idea of a entire new world to be created is also very daunting for the GM...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hm...I suppose I should contribute.

One RP idea that I got a while ago, and that I'm very unlikely to use unless there is interest:

Emiya Kiritsugu's progenitor, Emiya Satoshi, was both more and less careful. Instead of using his family's magic to improve himself, his body or his powers, he experimented on animals, succeeding beyond his wildest dreams. When he tried to apply the results of this research of himself, he failed as he did in canon, and the Association came in to do their thing. For Kiritsugu, this wouldn't mean anything for years.

Near Illyasviel's birthday, a power play at the MA between two Lords reveals a secret to the more average members of the Association: Emiya Satoshi had created a new race of Phantasm beasts, one with lifetimes that potentially went from a dozen years to three or four centuries in the highest cases. These phantasm beasts essentially had Independent Action rank A+, joining with magi as familiars. Furthermore, despite great physical differences, they could reproduce simply by resting in an environment that is very rich in prana in close proximity. Shortly, owning one of the descendants of the creations of Emiya Satoshi as a familiar was as common as owning a car in the mundane world, and the Magus Killer has increased notoriety (related to his

When pokemon and other mon shows begin to appear, magi notice startling similarities in looks, and power themes.

Summary: The Fourth War with mons. Instead of pokemon and digimon and...dunno mamodo(? maybe) having copies of their canon powers they are something similar to vampires and servants. The players could choose to play the mons either by showing up and replacing their minds or by roleplaying one. The point is that the attack power available to the mons would be directly proportional to their masters, and a powerful magical item just made incarnations for seven Heroic Spirits...not counting Caster as two. The 4th war goes nuts, and the players have the means of influencing the story by guile or brawns.

On the Alaya thing, maybe the Counterforce of Alaya DID interfere, maybe by empowering local magi enough to (eventually) win?

Gaia helped by not crushing the local magi's spells and empowering them instead, and also opposing AM, like it would other unnatural stuff. Or maybe Gaia was a bitch that realized that without humans, AM would be weak for the pickings and just stayed an onlooker.

Oh... I was actually thinking that a thread like this might be useful, this morning.
    And that is because I had that little idea of Mahou Sensei Negima RP. Although that would require a lot of things worked out for the rules, in other words time. And actually paying a lot of attention to the threads if I were GM, in other words again time...
    Yeah, job gives you money, but can be such a bitch ;_;
    Trapped within my fierce desire, resistance is futile. Screaming for your life, nowhere to hide,
    Tonight we cross the line, your innocence is mine!

Interesting ideas...

I've had this one for a little while now, birthed from the influence the unholy combination of Spacebattles BROB and the Beast's Lair has had on my mind. Take from that what you will.

A Ren is for YOU!

Premise: You, and by that is meant you, personally (or whatever OC normal person stand-in you care to use) for some reason encounters and contracts a Ren, due to the presence of latent circuits, and the fact said Ren needs a master for some reason.

Now, before you start celebrating your new familiar and "legal" loli succubus lover you should probably take a deep breath and consider just what exactly this means.

For instance, the Nasuverse is now unmistakeably real.

Second, if you picked White Ren, you now have a very demanding and flirty loli that is possibly the heir to TATARI's powers, with all the baggage this entails. Black Ren is less powerful and less demanding, but has her own issues, and remains frighteningly powerful for a "mere" familiar.

Ren is after all a very powerful familiar, who has lived for a very long time. Such things are of great interest to mages and Dead Apostles alike. The Church meanwhile would like nothing better than to get rid of her, and by extension you.

And as we all know, in the Nasuverse, strange powers attract each other. With both Ren and whatever innate abilities you happen to possess...?

You're going to be living in interesting times. Hopefully, you have what it takes...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Didn't Erl say he was going to make a Notes RP one of these days?
    I AM designing one. It's going to be large, though, although it'll have a lot of battles, war and all.

I have 30+ pages written out for now. There's still a long way to go.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Will it have...spaceships?