Page 29 of 302 FirstFirst ... 19242728293031343979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    +1 Shared Resonance of Possession Experience .A great Sion fic featuring an entertaining and believable relationship between Shirou and Sion. So if you want a really good Sion fic read this but remember to bring tissues.

Edit
    Even I don't know why I wrote Sakura.
    Last edited by BlackField; December 7th, 2012 at 09:25 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Mike has left me and gone elsewhere.
    There there, we'll all mi-

I'm sorry, I can't say that with a straight face.

Blog Entries
    Mike has left me and gone elsewhere.
    Day 13.

The whispers of Mike have left my mind today. But the left side of my brain has now completely ceased to function. What rudimentary motor control I had left is entirely nonexistent, my hands spasm and contort as if they have a will of their own. The itching stopped this morning but it seems my hands have permanently bonded with the keyboard.

The visual and auditory hallucinations have only gotten worse both in strength and in frequency. Several times a day I'm visited by a hulking, purple apparition that only speaks in stunted Japanese. I have yet to discern its intentions, but it appears to rail between violent rage and a deep, profound sadness.

I have fulfilled my posting quota and was expecting relief. But instead, I feel only an abject hunger for more. I fear that tomorrow I will wake up with nothing to calm my needs to establish the biased hierarchy of BL. I must build more text walls before I become more unstable. The Purple Head demands it.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Day 13.

The whispers of Mike have left my mind today. But the left side of my brain has now completely ceased to function. What rudimentary motor control I had left is entirely nonexistent, my hands spasm and contort as if they have a will of their own. The itching stopped this morning but it seems my hands have permanently bonded with the keyboard.

The visual and auditory hallucinations have only gotten worse both in strength and in frequency. Several times a day I'm visited by a hulking, purple apparition that only speaks in stunted Japanese. I have yet to discern its intentions, but it appears to rail between violent rage and a deep, profound sadness.

I have fulfilled my posting quota and was expecting relief. But instead, I feel only an abject hunger for more. I fear that tomorrow I will wake up with nothing to calm my needs to establish the biased hierarchy of BL. I must build more text walls before I become more unstable. The Purple Head demands it.
    Tech. Run for president one day.

Banned
    By the time Tech is eligible, the world will already have entered full cyberpunk corporate dystopia mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    By the time Tech is eligible, the world will already have entered full cyberpunk corporate dystopia mode.
    Irregardless, he'll still be getting my vote.

...Guess I'll go pack my bags. Later.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Tbh, I think a huge number of us would have to go. But I think of that scene whenever I see "irregardless."

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    Tbh, I think a huge number of us would have to go. But I think of that scene whenever I see "irregardless."
    Enjoy your time at camp Arashi.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Recommendation

Pater Noster, by Renflower21

One shot. Kotomine Kirei recites a final prayer before the start of the Fifth Holy Grail War - an insight into his thoughts on religion and the battle that lays ahead.

Blog Entries
    +1 for Want and Need

+1 for Pater Noster

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    -1 to Path of the King. Rin cursed by the Root. Everything else is inconsequential, Rin cursed by the Root.

RotorRooterRin is unacceptable.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alulim View Post
    -1 to Path of the King. Rin cursed by the Root. Everything else is inconsequential, Rin cursed by the Root.

Root 'em all to [ ]
    Spoiler:
    Is it pimping myself out if it's hidden?
    Index of Stories, Conceptual Writing, and Scenes

Fuck, she did. That's terrible. How did I not notice before?

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar

... I am withdrawing my rec now.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

+1 to Want and Need
    F/SN x Disgaea Cross
    Crimson Spears

Kyouko-chaaaaan~
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Here, Kyte. Want something a bit more substantial than little pluses and minuses? (Well, you're getting it anyway).

+
    World Without: neat canon divergence, with a very good eye to exploring the ramifications. Generally well-written, with a particularly good eye towards characterisation, IMO.

Chaos Theory: Good humour, well-written fights, and another author with an understanding of how to take a story off the rails. Namely, that you can deviate from the rails, but it's no good if you chuck yourself off the train too.

Maybe I'm a Lion: how to write insane monologues, and how to write antagonists, in one 'fic. That hardly all there is to it, but those are some truly excellent points to be found. Very good overall. (Need to catch up on the last couple of chapters).

If You Give This Man A Ride: Waver has to manage his harem of Riders. It's humour and fluff and relationships and some gentle harem satire and a bit of sex, all in less than 700 words. Mini's an artist of one-shots, packing so much into so little space, drawing you in very quickly and easily, hitting hard to get the reaction she wants. I'd recommend about fifty of her pieces (particularly the Uryū ones), but that essentially comes under the author recommendation thread. So I chose something I think is pretty stand-out.
    (In case you're not bothering to read all that, Kyte, it's a one-shot, the only one of all this lot).

Far Side: nicely done Tsuki/Fate cross, good emotions, and a somewhat experimental approach to a fanfic which gave it VN-like routes and which was pulled off well.

Somnium Summer: Whilst I tend to find Verg's prose a little off, Somnium Summer's always felt the best out of his fics in terms of natural/appropriate phrasing. To add to that, he keeps the good parts of his other 'fics too - humour, fitting the tone; and powerful action sequences. And whilst I'd normally be wary of 6th War 'fics, CYOA, and VN-style prose, he pulls all three off very well here.

Post-Nuptial Disagreements: occasional canon slip or just something which seemed out-of-place even if it didn't explicitly contradict canon, and the full conceit of the set-up was never filled in to my total satisfaction. But good prose, good plot, decent characters and development combine to make a solid 'fic.

-
    FFD: messed-up power-levels, awkward/error-filled prose, stupid accents, and so forth.

Black Reflection: trying to mix-and-match power-levels which don't fit, painfully scripted misunderstandings, main characters have vastly more agency than the rest of the cast. Mind, I read this some while ago, when it was much younger, but still ...

Trinity: quite readable, but just falls down on believability front, since the main characters are doing so much of everything, suggesting things that should patently have been noticed or tried before, odd expansions on canon that I never really thought fit and so forth. And as much as the author tries to make the bashing justified, it's bashing, no matter which way you spin it.

Nightmare Apatheia: appalling purple prose. And coming from me, of all people, that's pretty damning.

In Flight: horrific misapplication of a post-UBW Shirō, unwarrantedly huge info-dumps.

Nerve Damage: Harem shennanigans, absurd misunderstandings of canon, gigantic pile-up well beyond the author's capabilities has arrived (as anyone could have anticipated when the reaction to 'four fully-supplied Sabers is over-powered as hell, moron' was to give everyone else four Servants), had an absurd scene in which Shirō's cooking literally gave people orgasms and this was meant to be taken seriously ... it should never have been recommended.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    >Someone who dislikes character bashing like I do

....I seriously thought I was the only one.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou