Page 6 of 453 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahou Senki: Lyrical Days (FSN x Nanoha Crossover)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar
    Shirou and saber are conected by fate ( avalon). One of the recurring themes in fate stay night is that some events are fated, such as the servants Shirou and Rin summon.

This is one part of the story that will never change.

Illya is best servant

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    I think Shirou ought to receive a Barrier Jacket, just not for a long while still. It should be something he's managed to earn, not just given to him b/c it would look cool or let him have a day in the limelight. Same for a custom Device esp., it should mark his achievements at having been able to keep up w/ the others in spite of how little he's been able to do alone at the start.

Mangafreak has a point, but let's look at things this way: Shirou is essentially a younger, male Teana Lanster from StrikerS in the sense that he possesses the capability, just not the talent for magic. Teana chose to dedicate herself to the shooting arts her older brother had practiced, while Shirou is more inclined towards melee combat w/ blades (maybe Signum could get him interested in using a bow, since he's not in an archery club here).

The fact of the matter is that if Teana could become as good a tactician as seen by the end of season 3, Shirou can do just fine w/ a limited assortment of spells that draw on his small capacity and specialized Origin. Archer is proof that he can really do some damage w/ just True Mind's Eye alone, and Shirou isn't as narrow-minded as Teana before her "correction" in the same manner; it helps that he's younger and that he's starting out alongside Nanoha's burgeoning progress.

Also, Shirou's circuit count is slightly above-average for a normal Nasuverse magus; in canon it's said his output from each of them is lower than it should be b/c so much time has passed before they were properly activated. Remember, magi are supposed to start their training during childhood, and canon Shirou couldn't even begin that until the HGW. Here, he's still got approximately 7 years w/ which to receive training (it's only been 3 since Fate/Zero) from the TSAB, so by then Shirou ought to be at a much better state in terms of arcane development, meaning his overall prana capacity should be much higher.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    I agree with Soldat, Shirou was only pathetic in camprassion to other magi because he was never truly taught and his actual cercuits(sp?) had entropied from disuse. Here he can start training earlier and truly learn what he could be able to do.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

@burning claw: Danke.

Fraggle's point of not letting Shirou stray too far from his specialization is indeed something else to consider. As amusing as it would be see someone else besides Chrono using Stinger Blade Execution Shift, he's meant to replicate physical objects; I don't think energy constructs shaped as swords really counts, somehow.

...Well actually, maybe he can. Archer's projection of Rho Aius is basically a planar energy shield w/ boundary field properties against projectiles. Aius was originally a physical shield of seven layers, but apparently it's been transformed since the Age of Gods, so...

However, Shirou doesn't have to learn just attack magic. Like the point of Rho Aius above, he could use some work on his defense, esp considering his experiences thus far at playing rabbit. Or some sort of supplement to his Reinforcement; for weapons, Teana had a short-lived spell that basically turned her pistols into gunblades before the Device's second form was unlocked, rendering it moot for her but possibly useful for Shirou.

Plus, TSAB mages have a lot of transportation options when it comes to magic, so maybe some sort of air hike spell? Flight in the Nanoha-verse is rare outside of many of the main characters, so Shirou would need an alternative to let him change position quickly as needed. In Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, Miyu can't wrap her mind around unassisted flight using just magic, so her alternative for moving just as fast was to harden the air beneath her feet while boosting her jumping ability. This had the side effect of making her method more energy-efficient, too, and visually it didn't look that much different w/o close scrutiny.

Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, Shirou is going to have a higher capacity for Od. Which is why he's not going to be burning himself out with every other Projection. Also, his custom Device is going to be a plot point to keep him from killing himself. A more advanced Shroud of whats it called if you will.

Though I like the idea of having Armor stored in the device. Not a Barrier Jacket, but armor... now I just have to decide if I want to go with the off color Archer outfit I found (white instead of red and black) or actually come up with something original.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    Yes, Shirou is going to have a higher capacity for Od. Which is why he's not going to be burning himself out with every other Projection. Also, his custom Device is going to be a plot point to keep him from killing himself. A more advanced Shroud of whats it called if you will.

Though I like the idea of having Armor stored in the device. Not a Barrier Jacket, but armor... now I just have to decide if I want to go with the off color Archer outfit I found (white instead of red and black) or actually come up with something original.
    1) Shroud of Martin. Meant to seal off magical energy from passing through.

2)
    Name:  23da964d7d323cf6589cc233d5a3f08b.jpg
Views: 2373
Size:  20.3 KB

YOU KNOW YOU WANT.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Off color but wouldn't that be the red shrouf that archer wears later on?

^ I like!

Teasing the Penguin God!

The World Is My Stage dragon20990's Avatar
    Instead of TSAB magic, how about Shirou fully bonds with Avalon as his "device" by accidentally wishing on a jewel seed. He won't have powerhouse capabilities, but being able to take punishment from powerhouse abilities and his personal skills could make for an interesting story. Also due to his connection with Avalon, he could get memories of saber, and try to emulate that leading to an early projection of caliburn. If Shirou did need TSAB magic, I would choose flight or a bounded field of some sort (the bounded field could be the first step to UBW)

Hmm

with 27 active working circuits, a number above average he'd be at least a 2nd rate magus, due to his lack of a Thaumaturgical Crests.

Then we add the potential mastery of a reality marble, which only 6 people have ever done.

As long as he doesn't land on the dissection table of the magus association, due to a sealing designation, or cripples himself in training like canon-nanoha, he will shine on his own, without the need for upgrades form the TSAB to blast his way to the top.

although, a flight mode for long range sniping would make an awesome scene.

and as for tactics, lets not forget that Emiya managed to create a style that anticipated the moves of his enemies by forcing them to attack the weaknesses in his defenses, which he placed there so they would aim at those.

Shirou may not be archer, but the brains are still there.

as for armor, in combination with his reinforcement he'll have a sturdy defense.

The TSAB tech-devision is gonna love him, such an efficient way to boost defenses, speed,reflexes and power.

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    That's the exact picture I was referencing. Thanks. And yeah, but instead of being an actual shroud that blocks stuff, Shirou's is just for decoration. Archer's outfit is actually all very rare and decently powerful armor. Shirou's is just going to be Mid created armor.

That's the exact picture I was referencing. Thanks. And yeah, but instead of being an actual shroud that blocks stuff, Shirou's is just for decoration. Archer's outfit is actually all very rare and decently powerful armor. Shirou's is just going to be Mid created armor.
    {Deadpan.} Their civilization freely uses magic from technology. Somehow, I think he'll be fine.

And I don't know if actual flight is w/i his capabilities. He'll probably have to settle for hovering magic or Reinforcing the solidity of water vapor in the air to serve as invisible platforms.

Blog Entries
    Still looking forward for Archer's appearance and the nightmare fuel that comes with it.

Teasing the Penguin God!

Let's up the ante on the nightmare fuel: this archer is a future version of 'Their Shirou"

---nightmare snippet----

She didn't listen to him. She couldn't . If she did, she would have to accept the truth.

If she did, she'd have to accept that they had been wrong.

"But don't worry Nanoha-chan." Archer smiled as he kneeled next to her shaken form. "I never blamed you for encouraging me back then, nor did I blame my father. Hell, I didn't even blame anyone when you and everyone else were given the order to leave me behind. I actually was happy. With my death I'd be able to safe everyone one more time after all."

He paused for a short moment, lost in thought

"Well, most of them anyway."

She looked up at him. his smile had disappeared as he blankly stared at her.

"Between us though, you got the easy way out in the end, I guess...."

He calmly continued, no anger or hate in his voice as he drilled the awful truth into her soul.

"Your hell ended when you died, while mine was just beginning after all"

---Snippet end------

CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR GRIMDARK!

damn, Ive been grimdarking the nanoha fandom lately. I need to go hug some warm fuzzy animals or something, cause this ain't healthy

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    ^ I LOVE IT, YOU SOB!! (in a nice way of coarse)

I sort of crave more.

Teasing the Penguin God!

^The same.

Arrrrrrrrgh, I need an update, I can't stand this waiting! Heroslayer, go send me to do research for you or something, please!
    Last edited by Soldat der Trauer; August 8th, 2011 at 04:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    In all honestly, the next segment is more of a Fate thing which I'm pretty fine with. It'll be a short interlude with the fathers, and Shiro's (the elder) suspicions on what Nanoha and Shirou are doing and then Shirou interacting with his father. There may or may not be another dream/flashback sequence to Shirou's first Magecraft lesson. In which a 6-7 year old gets to learn what it feels like to have a fire hot metal rod shoved up his spine.

And in all honestly with my update rate, you'll be lucky to see this in a few weeks.

Though I may get to writing some amusing snippets that come to mind.

Like Shirou's first befriending, and his later befriending after his plot powerup and heroic BSOD.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat der Trauer View Post
    1) Shroud of Martin. Meant to seal off magical energy from passing through.

2)
    Name:  23da964d7d323cf6589cc233d5a3f08b.jpg
Views: 2373
Size:  20.3 KB

YOU KNOW YOU WANT.
    This is love
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    And in all honestly with my update rate, you'll be lucky to see this in a few weeks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Teasing the Penguin God!

RAGE!

now I'm sad

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    Okay, that's the worst case scenario, but I have the tendency to disappear for times. So it's just a warning.