Page 44 of 453 FirstFirst ... 34394243444546495494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahou Senki: Lyrical Days (FSN x Nanoha Crossover)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ I think Shirou will strange him if Chrono will do that especially if he's already swamped.

Teasing the Penguin God!

I dunno... I think he'd feel terrible about desk work if the people he hung out with where out in the field, in danger and he wasn't. He'd feel super-guilty.

But... completing thankless tasks with neatness and precision?

Setting his feelings aside, I think he'd be really good at it. Like "makes all of his coworkers look bad" good at it.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He knows that basically all his friends can take care of themselves.

In all honestly the weakest of the core group are basically the Forwards... Considering he's the most fragile of them, I think he'd be more concerned with the whole, 'I could be saving some town from a dictator or rescuing orphans from a disaster thing'.

Also, why do I have the image of Shirou leading the Rescue Squad with Subaru as his second... wait, Subaru joined a rescue squad thing after Strikers... right?

It's been a while since I looked at her character's bio on the wiki and i'm too lazy to look it up.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She joined something called the Rescue Corps, I think?

Gulf Special Rescue Unit (湾岸特別救助隊 Wangan Tokubetsu Kyūjotai)is a subdivision of TSAB Rescue Corps specializing in rapid deployment disaster relief and search-and-rescue operations. It is commanded by Capt. Voltz Stan and is in charge of the port areas in Southern Mid-Childa.
    Subaru's unit pre-SS6(Force)

Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    The problem is that Shirou doesn't have any good teachers. Kiritsugu isn't a good teacher and no one in the TSAB knows how to train Magic Circuits.
    This one is fairly basic. It's just a matter of running prana through the circuit. Enough to feel some strain. Not enough to burn them out. Thus 'training' the circuit. And a device 'can' help with that. Now is it something Shirou would think to do?

He still only has subpar circuits that are damaged. He may not have damaged them as much as Canon!Shirou did, but they aren't full strength.
    Damaged how? He'd have opened his circuits at an early enough age where this shouldn't be an issue. The only thing I can think of would have damaged his circuits a great deal more than what's being implied here.

In terms of Od capacity, he's still a complete failure compared to any normal Magi. 27 Circuits that can hold less than average amounts of Od, no Magic Crest to supplement those Circuits and a style of Magecraft that is completely unique without any proper supervision to guide it.
    Actually, well I don't recall where I read it but I'm fairly certain Shirou's about on par or even has slightly above average prana capacity over a standard magus. Magi just have the advantage of being able to tap into the world's mana to supplement their own, thus appearing to have more.

Not to mention you guys are putting way too much Stock in the whole 'the device'll regulate his prana better' it'll make sure he doesn't burn them out to the point of nerve damage, but that's about it. It doesn't make it more efficient or anything like that.
    That's a pretty crappy device if that's all it can do. Yeesh, he'd be better off apprenticing to Rin at this rate(He doesn't know her yet. I know.) As it is, the TSAB has nothing that can really help him here.
    Last edited by Muramasa; August 27th, 2011 at 01:39 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar

Also, why do I have the image of Shirou leading the Rescue Squad with Subaru as his second... wait, Subaru joined a rescue squad thing after Strikers... right

EMIYA SHIROU: A man, made of of blades, who wishes to safe people as an superhero. The man who singlehandedly satisfies the three Aces themselves.
    NAKAJIMA SUBARU : A girl, both flesh and machine, who wishes to become an hero like her idol. The girl who singehandedly molested all the girls at the academy in three days.

Together, they travel trough space and time.........

for they are................

BAKA RESCUE SQUAD!

ON THIS EPISODE:

"Captain! The entire city is on fire!"

"The we must go at full force! quickly number one! Blow everything up so we can save those people!"

"everything?"

"EVERYTHING!'

AN: in the end they did save everyone, but the damage they caused while saving them bankrupted the country...............

But hey!, at least they still saved everyone!

Illya is best servant

Quote Originally Posted by fraggle View Post
    EMIYA SHIROU: A man, made of of blades, who wishes to safe people as an superhero. The man who singlehandedly satisfies the three Aces themselves.
    NAKAJIMA SUBARU : A girl, both flesh and machine, who wishes to become an hero like her idol. The girl who singehandedly molested all the girls at the academy in three days.

Together, they travel trough space and time.........

for they are................

BAKA RESCUE SQUAD!

ON THIS EPISODE:

"Captain! The entire city is on fire!"

"The we must go at full force! quickly number one! Blow everything up so we can save those people!"

"everything?"

"EVERYTHING!'

AN: in the end they did save everyone, but the damage they caused while saving them bankrupted the country...............

But hey!, at least they still saved everyone!
    Blowing it up is supposed to be Nanoha's solution to all of life's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by NanayaMode View Post
    Blowing it up is supposed to be Nanoha's solution to all of life's problems.
    And who is Suburu's Idol?

Quote Originally Posted by UberJJK View Post
    And who is Suburu's Idol?
    Subaru's powers don't really have too much in the "blow it up" category. She's a melee fighter, not a beam-spammer like Nanoha.

Well, it's not like he can stab the flames right?

-------------------------------------------SNIPPET-----------------------------

fun facts of MSLD......

after they all moved to Mid-Childa, Nanoha and Shirou face of in the combat simulator every thuesday evening.

The current score is 56 Victories for Nanoha, 43 Victories for Shirou and 96 Ties due to the battle turning into foreplay.

Shari spends two evenings a week removing the evidence after making a 'personal' backup of the video images, knowing that if battle footage ever got leaked she'd be the first to get blasted.

Illya is best servant

Well, it's not like he can stab the flames right?
    Broken Phantasms and wave-motion swords.

-------------------------------------------SNIPPET-----------------------------

fun facts of MSLD......

after they all moved to Mid-Childa, Nanoha and Shirou face of in the combat simulator every thuesday evening.

The current score is 56 Victories for Nanoha, 43 Victories for Shirou and 96 Ties due to the battle turning into foreplay.

Shari spends two evenings a week removing the evidence after making a 'personal' backup of the video images, knowing that if battle footage ever got leaked she'd be the first to get blasted.
    You left out the 17 times they destroyed the simulator and had to leave while it got repaired.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    This one is fairly basic. It's just a matter of running prana through the circuit. Enough to feel some strain. Not enough to burn them out. Thus 'training' the circuit. And a device 'can' help with that. Now is it something Shirou would think to do?

Damaged how? He'd have opened his circuits at an early enough age where this shouldn't be an issue. The only thing I can think of would have damaged his circuits a great deal more than what's being implied here.

Actually, well I don't recall where I read it but I'm fairly certain Shirou's about on par or even has slightly above average prana capacity over a standard magus. Magi just have the advantage of being able to tap into the world's mana to supplement their own, thus appearing to have more.

That's a pretty crappy device if that's all it can do. Yeesh, he'd be better off apprenticing to Rin at this rate(He doesn't know her yet. I know.) As it is, the TSAB has nothing that can really help him here.
    You can't train a circuit. It's like a blood vessel, it has the limits of Prana that can be pushed into it. I don't believe there is any training to aid in that. Can he get more precise when using Od. Yes. Can he train his Magic Circuits to be stronger? No.

His circuits are damaged in the same way that Canon!Shirou's is. He hasn't spent 8 years doing it wrong, just two. Rather than connecting all of his magic circuits to his nerves and damaging them to the point of them being crap, LyricalDays!Shirou only has a mild connection between his nerves and Magic Circuits and he can hold the same amount of Od that Canon!Shirou can except without burning out his circuits while doing so.

I was talking about his capacity to channel Prana, not store it. Like before, there is a limit to how much Od can be pushed into a Magic Circuit. The whole speech that Rin gives to Shirou about his Projections being beyond his capacity in UBW is correct. He's damaging the circuits with every Projection and the only reason to me that he's still alive is because of Avalon.

And the Device. I'm pretty sure that I've stated several times that the Device is not there to power Shirou up. It's meant to be a Seal. Will it be upgraded later on? Yes. But the thing is, Shirou can already feel how much Od he has left and I'm pretty sure that by ten years of practicing has a good idea of what his limits are and how far he is from them.

The only thing I have so far with the Device is providing limiters to how much Od Shirou can channel to prevent him from going all out on a simple problem.

And Fraggle, how many of those Victories for Nanoha revolved around a Starlight Breaker to the face?

And does this mean that Shirou requires frequent Befriending?

Recorder of the World Lines AzureGrimoire's Avatar
    Why I have this weird idea...
    "In ****, three magical Aces and a magi swordsman were accused by the Time Space Administration Bureau authorities of crimes they didn't commit. These people promptly escaped capture to the Mid-childan underground where they were able to escape the planet. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them... maybe you can hire The A-Team."

This bond we have is like poison... Just one drop would destroy them all, no prisoners taken...
    Yuuhei Satellite - Tsuki ni Murakumo, Hana ni Kaze

And Fraggle, how many of those Victories for Nanoha revolved around a Starlight Breaker to the face?

And does this mean that Shirou requires frequent Befriending?
    remember that Nanoha's love is proportional to the size of the beam that she shoots at you.

Nanoha loves Shirou......

A LOT

Thus he is the only person still alive who doesn't flinch as she shoots her BFG, as he has gotten used to getting hit by it. Besides, the make-up sex after getting blasted is worth it anyway.

besides, as Neko Arc Chaos one told us:

"Beams.... are so unisex."

Also, I'll refrain form making several 'piercing' jokes about Fate, cause we all know that Shirou's aria and weapons should not be abused in such a matter.

Illya is best servant

Blog Entries
    The A-team... but I don't think either Nanoha or Shirou would miss after firing so many shots... Not to mention, would you want Nanoha to miss with a Divine Buster? It would demolish the city.

Also, Fraggle... Lol...

I now want a support group for the victims of Nanoha's befriendings. With Fate-chan leading the group and Shirou not understanding the problem since he gets blasted weekly.

I now want a support group for the victims of Nanoha's befriendings. With Fate-chan leading the group and Shirou not understanding the problem since he gets blasted weekly.
    In the end Shirou will show up just to support Fate a she deals with the pink horrors of her past, and to supply the support group with home-made snacks. The group has been doing quite well, and have stopped hiding whenever they see anything pink flash near them.

Fate's just happy because Shirou and Nanoha give her lots of comfort sex hugs to help her deal with all of her past trauma's.

Illya is best servant

Have withstood pain to hide all these weapons. Avalon's Avatar
    I find it mildly ironic that Shirou (Distorted, twice orphaned, only survivor of Fuyuki fire & guy with MASSIVE bag of survivor guilt and no self-worth) of all people ends up comforting Fate about her traumas. After all he didn't even realize his own distorted ways.

For some reason I am eagerly waiting for the moment when Nanoha finds out about Shirou's past. Nanoha's reaction to finding her beloved friends horrible past will surely be something worth waiting for.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    I find it mildly ironic that Shirou (Distorted, twice orphaned, only survivor of Fuyuki fire & guy with MASSIVE bag of survivor guilt and no self-worth) of all people ends up comforting Fate about her traumas. After all he didn't even realize his own distorted ways.

For some reason I am eagerly waiting for the moment when Nanoha finds out about Shirou's past. Nanoha's reaction to finding her beloved friends horrible past will surely be something worth waiting for.
    Nanoha and Fate. Not just his horrible past, but that the symptoms (Shirou's lack of self) and his overhelpfulness were staring them right in the face. And they didn't even realize it. That could being on a fair bit of guilt. Shirou may not even realize why they feel guilty for not caring for him, which does not help his case.

Cue Shirou nearly killing himself to save someone without any regard for his own wellbeing. Just to drive the point home a bit further and paint his previous actions in a disturbing new light. Helping others is good but Shirou does it to an unhealthy extent. If Shirou has been utterly selfless in caring for Nanoha and Fate, they'll want to help him and have no idea how to do it.

It shall indeed be terribly amusing. Unless it's played for horror. Then it's black comedy.

Which is just as good in my mind. Bring on the adorably cute brain breakage!

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Nanoha and Fate. Not just his horrible past, but that the symptoms (Shirou's lack of self) and his overhelpfulness were staring them right in the face. And they didn't even realize it. That could being on a fair bit of guilt. Shirou may not even realize why they feel guilty for not caring for him, which does not help his case.

Cue Shirou nearly killing himself to save someone without any regard for his own wellbeing. Just to drive the point home a bit further and paint his previous actions in a disturbing new light. Helping others is good but Shirou does it to an unhealthy extent. If Shirou has been utterly selfless in caring for Nanoha and Fate, they'll want to help him and have no idea how to do it.

It shall indeed be terribly amusing. Unless it's played for horror. Then it's black comedy.

Which is just as good in my mind. Bring on the adorably cute brain breakage!

damn you, Now I got even more things to write about. I will hold this one off until I know that happened to Shirou and the jewel seed that was hinted at by heroslayer, as this will be the first clue of his true nature that Nanoha and Fate will see.

after that they will slowly see small hints, such as his reaction after Kiritsugu's death, and their worries will grow as they see him grow up. Getting wounded in battle, like Nanoha in the Canon timeline, and possibly in this one too.

They first think he's just too enthusiastic. perhaps they think its his sense of honor, or that he just lacks a sense of danger. some will think he's just trying to compensate so he can feel justified standing alongside the aces.

But every time they try to talk to him the communication fails, as he doesn't understand what is wrong with his line of thoughts, and he doesn't discuss it to much, as he feels it is absolutely normal.

They will grasp at straws to find out what drives Shirou, but deep down inside they fear the answer, so they just keep looking out for him as he continues.

Then the 5th Heavens feel starts, and Tohsaka rin summons EMIYA.

When the girls finally figure out who EMIYA is, and how he came into existence they will be forced to face shirou asking if he is the same.Only for them to despair as he acknowledges his nature, and the distortion that he carries.

Suddenly the last Five years will make sence, and they will curse themselves for not understanding him sooner, as they now fear that he will face the same death as Archer did.

Illya is best servant