Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 394447484950515459 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven's Feel Manga Thread

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Hey, Broke, on second thought, please change the chapter title back to "Day 4 / The Holy Grail War And Its Origins". (I just remembered as I was checking the following chapters in the magazine scans that it's a multi-chapter title and covers Kirei's whole explanation about the War, so my original translation was more accurate.) Sorry for the trouble.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post
    Done.

I need a redrawer badly for the bato.to release.

Spoiler:

Ayyy nice to see we're getting back on track. Thanks Broke and ED.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EDreamer View Post
    Extra CCC Shinji is still better, though.
    CCC Shinji is a cheater who metagamed his own death to generate pathos, he needs to git gud and develop his own relatable psychological issues

• Quote Originally Posted by Page 5
      I can't pull off stuns like reviving someone from the verge of death anymore.
    • should be stunts

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors kotelo's Avatar
    Broke, Bobin and EDreamer are good people.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternative Ice View Post
    • should be stunts
    Ah, missed that one, thanks for pointing it out.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    i'm willing to pick up typesetting
    Quote Originally Posted by Huitante View Post
    Izo and a super computer can, too, be waifus

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Infigar View Post
    i'm willing to pick up typesetting
    Thanks Infigar, that would be a big help. If Broke is okay with it, you can start with chapter 13. (I'll have the translation for it ready sometime this weekend since I'm away from home for a couple days.)

Broke, is there any input you'd like to give on this?

I'm good with it. Like I said, I'm only typesetting HF manga until we find a permanent typesetter.

598,535,004 (NA)

JP Friend Code
    By request
    All right, here's the translation for chapter 13. Infigar, I assume you've already read the post between me and Broke about using the volume scans but adjusting the pages to match the magazine chapters, so keep that in mind when typesetting. (Like putting in a chapter title where there isn't any in the scans, or the opposite.) Also, will you need help from someone with cleaning any of the pages for this chapter, or will you be fine on your own?

HF Chapter 13
    Page 66:
    Shirou: ……
    Shirou (thought): It’s as if she melts into the silence of this place // like clear water. // If I fight alongside her, // I surely won’t take the wrong path.
    Chapter 13: Day 4 / The Holy Grail War and its Origins 2

Page 67:
    Saber: I see you’ve woken up, // Shirou.
    Shirou: Ah…Yeah. I woke up just now. // Saber, what are you doing here?
    Saber: I was resting my body. // I don’t have the skill to treat your injuries, so I decided to rest myself to stay in perfect condition, at least.

Page 68:
    Shirou: —
    Shirou (thought): Calm down…! // What am I getting so flustered for—!? // It’s true that she’s incredibly beautiful // and she’s wearing a very girlish outfit. // (small text) Where did her armor go? // But I didn’t come looking for Saber just to stay silent like this. // —All right.
    Shirou: Saber, do you have a moment?

Page 69:
    Shirou: This is the first chance we’ve had to have a proper talk…
    Saber: Shirou. // Before that, // there’s something I’d like to say regarding what you did last night.
    Shirou: Last night?
    Shirou (thought): Did I do something…?
    Saber: Yes. // Shirou…It’s troubling to have my Master do something like that. // Battle is my domain, so please stick to your own role. // I can’t protect you if you run off and die in vain.
    Shirou: W-What’re you saying? // If I hadn’t acted back then, you would have been killed.
    Saber: In that case, I would merely disappear. // There’s no reason for you to have gotten wounded.

Page 70:
    Saber: Even when we Servants die, we merely return to our original place. // But there’s no next time for a human Master like you if you die. // Please try not to act so foolhardily again.
    Shirou: —Don’t be ridiculous! // How could I do nothing when you were bleeding so badly…? // I don’t need a reason to save a girl!
    Saber: ……
    Shirou (thought): Uh…? // I feel like I just said something really inappropriate…
    Shirou: I-In any case, I owe you for carrying me back home. // Thanks.
    Saber: It’s only natural for a Servant to protect their Master, but I appreciate your thanks. // You’re quite polite, Shirou.

Page 71:
    Shirou: That’s not quite it… // But more importantly, can I get back to what I wanted to talk about?
    Saber: Yes.
    Shirou: I only summoned you by sheer coincidence. // As you know, I’m an amateur magus… // Are you fine with an inexperienced Master like me?
    Saber: Of course. // Since we’ve forged a contract, I am now your sword. // And you are my Master. // However, Shirou, I won’t allow my Master to suffer defeat.

Page 72:
    Saber: If you have no chance of winning, I’ll create that chance for you. // I will make use of all possible methods and obtain the Holy Grail for you.
    Shirou: — // Saber, do you want the Holy Grail for yourself too…?
    Saber: Yes… From the start, we Servants answer the grail’s summons for that very reason. // Only the Servant of the winning Master in the Holy Grail War // can have the Holy Grail grant their wish as compensation.
    Shirou: …Wait a minute.

Page 73:
    Shirou: You said “all possible methods”. // Does that mean you’ll do whatever it takes to win…? // For example, // involving innocent people—
    Kirei (flashback): That great fire which killed over five hundred people // was one of the scars of the Holy Grail War.
    Rin (flashback): Masters of inferior ability // tend to make their Servants devour humans.
    Saber: Shirou, that isn’t a possible method for me. // I only take actions that I approve of. // Hurting unarmed people— // goes against my oath as a knight.

Pahe 74:
    Saber: However, if my Master orders me to do so, I will have no choice but to comply. // Though in that case, you will have to use a Command Spell as compensation for trampling over my will.
    Shirou (thought): …Thank goodness.
    Shirou: Don’t worry. // I will never make you do such a thing.
    Shirou (thought): Saber isn’t a cold-blooded killer—
    Shirou: Sorry…I insulted you without realizing it.
    Saber: Ah…No, I was too quick to jump to conclusions as well. // You’ve done nothing wrong, Shirou. // Please raise your head.
    Shirou: Eh? Ah. // I just reflexively apologized…

Page 75:
    Saber: —
    Shirou (thought): Ah, she smiled. // I don’t know why…but whatever.
    Shirou: Then…can I ask you another question? // I still don’t fully understand the nature of you and the other Servants. // I can tell that // “Saber”, “Lancer” and the like aren’t your real names, but…
    Saber: Yes, that’s correct. // This is a good opportunity. I’ll give you a general outline.

Page 76:
    Saber: Seven Servants are summoned in the Holy Grail War in Fuyuki. // Seven Heroic Spirits are chosen according to seven “classes” prepared by the Holy Grail—they are // “Saber”, “Archer”, “Lancer”, “Rider”, “Caster”, “Assassin”, and “Berserker”. // Heroic Spirits are heroes who possessed extraordinary abilities in life and ascended to the level of spirits after death. // The more famous they are, the stronger the Servant is, but conversely, this means their weakness are widely known as well, // so it’s custom to call Servants by their class names to avoid revealing their true identities—
    Shirou: In other words… You were summoned as Saber because you’re a Heroic Spirit skilled with the sword?
    Saber: Yes. // There are Heroic Spirits who have multiple attributes, // but I can proudly say that there is no one superior to me when it comes to the sword.

Page 77:
    Saber: However, that is also the weak point of the Saber class. // I’m strong in battle, but unsuited to trickery and scheming. // On the other hand, there are Servants who are weak in close combat but excel in other areas. // For examples, the Assassin class has the skill to erase to erase their presence from detection, // and the Caster class is well versed in magecraft that does not exist in this era. // Additionally, we Servants have “Noble Phantasms”. // They are unique and powerful weapons that belong exclusively to each Heroic Spirit and our trump cards in the Holy Grail War—
    Shirou: Like Lancer’s spear…?
    Saber: Yes…That spear displayed its true power as a Noble Phantasm when Lancer poured prana into it and spoke its true name. // The cursed spear Gae Bolg— // Lancer’s true identity is the great hero of Celtic myth, Cu Chulainn.

Page 78:
    Saber: No matter what kind of Servant they are, as long as they are a Heroic Spirit, // they will possess a weapon that gives them the chance to deal a fatal blow—That is what a Noble Phantasm is.
    Shirou: Then, Saber, // is your Noble Phantasm that invisible sword?
    Saber: …That’s correct. // About that, I’d like to make a request of you, Shirou.
    Shirou: Hmm?
    Saber: It’s about my true name. // Normally, I would reveal my true name to my Master alone in order to formulate countermeasures together. // However, you’re inexperienced as a magus. // A skilled magus could read your thoughts—so…
    Shirou: You don’t want to tell me your name, right?

Page 79:
    Shirou: Yeah, you’ve got a point there. // If I were placed under hypnosis, I would probably blab out any secrets… // All right, let’s do that. I’ll leave the use of your Noble Phantasm to your judgement, Saber.
    Saber: Ah…umm, really? // (small text) That was so easy…
    Shirou: Really. // I properly thought it over before agreeing to it, so don’t worry about it. // (small text) I didn’t agree to it lightly.
    Saber: Though it was simplified, that covers everything I need to explain.
    Shirou: Yeah, I understand the gist of it now. Sorry for the trouble, Saber.
    Saber: There’s no need to apologize. // If you understand the situation, we should now decide what to do next.

Page 80:
    Shirou: ……
    Shirou (thought): I see…Saber’s the same as Tohsaka— // She’s the type to attack before being attacked.
    Shirou: Hmm… We could wait and see how things unfold for a while… but this isn’t a situation where we can afford to do so. // I’d like to at least search for the other Masters in order to prevent the outbreak of any victims… // Hey, Saber, do Masters and Servants have some kind of distinguishing mark? // I can’t properly react unless I at least notice the enemy’s presence before being attacked.
    Saber: Servants can detect the presence of other Servants if they’re nearby. // Also…Yes, how about you follow the traces of prana that Masters leak out?
    Shirou: Sorry…I can’t do anything so skillful. // I didn’t even notice Tohsaka was a magus after being in the same school with her for two years. // (small text) Though it shames me // to admit it.
    Saber: I see…

Page 81:
    Shirou (thought): This is bad… I decided to fight, but I don’t even know who the other Masters are. // (small text in brackets) Beside Tohsaka
    Shirou: …Walking aimlessly around town seems dangerous. // And I’m also concerned about that girl Illya—
    Saber: Illya…? // Shirou, is there something about Berserker’s Master that bothers you?
    Shirou: Ah, no…I’m just wondering why she’s targeting us— // That wasn’t the first time I encountered her—and, umm, // I also recall hearing the name “Einzbern” before.
    Saber: ……
    Shirou: Saber, // do you perhaps know the Einzberns?

Page 82:
    Saber: I do. // Right back at you, do you know about the Einzberns, Shirou?
    Shirou: Well… I only heard their name once. // Some unrelated guy asked me, “Is the daughter of the Einzberns doing well?”
    Saber: I see…Then you haven’t heard anything. // This too is likely some kind of fate. // If you want to know about the Einzberns, you should visit the church again.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i can help cleaning

if needed, that is
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'm good
    thanks for the offer though, castor

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    All right, here's the translation for chapter 13.
    Done!

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Infigar View Post
    Looks good, thanks. I'll have the translation for ch 14 ready sometime tomorrow.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    All right, here's the translation for chapter 14. It technically spans parts of two volume chapters, but please make the necessary changes to fit the magazine version, Infigar.

HF Chapter 14
    Page 83:
    Shirou: The church…? // But I was told not to go there anymore. // The only time I should go there is if I give up being a Master…
    Saber: That warning was merely for expediency’s sake. // You’re not connected to the Mage’s Association, so you’re under no obligation to follow the church’s rules.
    Shirou: I see…You’ve got a point.
    Shirou (thought): Unlike Tohsaka, the Emiya family have essentially been outright outlaws since Kiritsugu’s generation.
    Shirou: But…I feel like I should avoid meeting that priest too much.
    Saber: I also agree. // If possible, I don’t want anything to do with that priest.
    Shirou: ……? // Me aside, why do you dislike him, Saber? // In the first place, the two of you have never met face to face, right?

Page 84:
    Chapter 14: Day 4 / The Holy Grail War and its Origins 3
    Saber: — // He was a participant in the previous Holy Grail War. // Kiritsugu was extremely wary of him right to the very end.

Page 85:
    Shirou: —Eh?
    Shirou (thought): What did she just say—?
    Shirou: Saber…Why do you // know Kiritsugu’s name—?
    Saber: I’m saying that I was Kiritsugu’s Servant. // I worked together with him in the Holy Grail War and remained victorious until the end of the war.

Page 86:
    Saber: Kiritsugu viewed that priest as our greatest enemy in the war. // He said that that man was the only one capable of defeating us.
    Shirou (thought): Kiritsugu was a Master in the previous Holy Grail War. // That means // he’s one of the people who caused that hell to occur…?
    Shirou: —That can’t be. There’s no way that’s true. // In that case, why did Kotomine keep quiet about it, and why did Kiritsugu—

Page 87:
    Shirou: say nothing about it to me…?
    Saber: I don’t know Kiritsugu’s reasons. // But as for the priest’s silence on the matter, // that’s probably because you didn’t ask about it. // That man is the type to answer honestly when questioned. // If you ask him yourself, // he’ll definitely tell you the truth.

Page 88:
    Shirou: …… // What’s this?

Page 89:
    Saber: If there’s any danger, call me right away. // That priest gives off an ominous feeling.
    Shirou: I completely agree with you there…Don’t worry, if anything happens, I’ll immediately call you.

Page 90:
    Shirou: Excuse me, // is Father Kotomine here?

(TL Note: Remove the “#7 END” at the bottom of the page.)

Page 91-92:
    (Skip and don’t include in scanlation.)

Page 93:
    Shirou (thought): !?

(TL Note: Remove the chapter title at the top of the page.)

Page 94:
    Gilgamesh: —Hoh. // You are entranced by something unpleasant.
    Gilgamesh: You have business with Kotomine, correct? // Wait there.

Page 95:
    Shirou (thought): …He didn’t do anything. // And yet—why? // Why did I steel myself to being killed here by that man just now?
    Kirei: I’m shocked. // Are you retiring from the war after less than half a day, Emiya Shirou?

Page 96:
    Shirou: Of course not. I just want to ask you something. // If not, there’s no way I’d come visit you asking for help.
    Kirei: That’s fine with me. // I’m quite busy myself. // It’d be a problem for me if you became easily attached to me.
    Shirou (thought): Damn it…I really can’t bring myself to like this guy.
    Kirei: So? If you have a question, speak it. // We’re not close enough to exchange idle greetings.
    Shirou (thought): —He’s right. There’s no need for me to become friends with this man.
    Shirou: I only have one question. // —It’s about Kiritsugu. // Why did you keep quiet about it?

Page 97:
    Shirou: Why did you keep quiet about Emiya Kiritsugu having fought as a Master // in the previous Holy Grail War?
    Kirei: Is it not obvious? // What good would it do for you to learn that your father was previously a Master? // Emiya Kiritsugu’s achievements have nothing to do with Emiya Shirou.
    Shirou: …No, it does have something to do with me. // Isn’t the reason I became a Master because I’m Kiritsugu’s son?
    Kirei: That is none of my concern. // In the first place, you are not Kiritsugu’s legitimate son.

Page 98:
    Kirei: Normally, it’s quite rare for a magus // who knows nothing of the Holy Grail to be chosen as a Master. // Therefore, the fact that an exception like you was chosen is mere coincidence. That’s what I like to say, but… // I do feel that fate had some hand in this.
    Shirou (thought): Fate?
    Kirei: The Holy Grail might wish for you to atone in place of your father Emiya Kiritsugu, // the man who betrayed the Holy Grail.
    Shirou: Kiritsugu betrayed the Holy Grail—?

Page 99:
    Kirei: Yes…Your father was a man who originally came to this town solely for the purpose of obtaining the Holy Grail. // His objective was the Grail and the Grail alone, so the Holy Grail might have sympathized with his pure wish. // But Emiya Kiritsugu destroyed the Holy Grail at the very end.
    Shirou (thought): Kiritsugu destroyed // the Holy Grail!?
    Shirou: …Kiritsugu probably destroyed the Holy Grail because he thought it was unnecessary. // How is that a betrayal—?
    Kirei: Hmm….I see, you don’t know what Kiritsugu was like before you met him.

Page 100:
    Kirei: —Very well. There’s little point to it, // but I shall tell you the truth about Emiya Kiritsugu. // I don’t know where Kiritsugu heard about the Holy Grail War in this land. // I don’t know the details of how it happened, but in the end, Emiya Kiritsugu was hired as the strongest Master—

Page 101:
    Kirei: —by the Einzberns, the noble family of magi said to be the origin of the Holy Grail War. // They are a clan unsuited to battle. // After failing in the first three wars, the Einzberns sought a Master specialized in battle. // So they entrusted their hopes to Kiritsugu, a magus skilled in killing and unassociated with the Mage’s Association.

Page 102:
    Kirei: The Einzberns gave Kiritsugu extraordinary treatment. // He was brought into the family and produced an heir even more suited to combat. // It’s not hard to imagine just how much they trusted him. // And Kiritsugu met those expectations. // He was precise, meticulous, dauntless, and ruthless. // He showed no mercy to the enemy. Once he decided to kill someone, he simply killed them. // He slaughtered the other Servants, and placed his gun at the head of Masters as they tried to crawl away while begging for mercy before pulling the trigger. // He felt nothing after killing people, not pride for his strength, nor guilt towards the weaklings he killed— // The best way to describe him was an emotionless machine.

Page 103:
    Shirou: Kiritsugu was like a machine—?
    Kirei: That’s right. He killed many people. // He didn’t even think of taking steps to not involve innocent people. // I’m the only one who managed to survive after fighting Kiritsugu in the previous Holy Grail War. // With those methods, Kiritsugu swiftly defeated the other competitors until he was the last Master standing. // If he were participating in this war, he would have been the kind of Master you hate the most.
    Shirou: …But, // Kiritsugu…
    Kirei: …I know. // Naturally, Emiya Kiritsugu wasn’t a machine. // He merely discarded his personal feelings for the sake of his objective. // —And as a result, that led him to betray everything at the last moment.

Page 104:
    Kirei: The Einzberns who entrusted their clan’s longstanding desire to him. // The Holy Grail that appeared before its rightful owner after five Masters were defeated. // And the wish that Kiritsugu himself held, one impossible to grant by human means. // He discarded all of them. // Thus, the Holy Grail disappeared and the Holy Grail War came to an end. // That is how the previous war ended— // and the truth about the magus you consider your father.

Page 105:
    Shirou (thought): Truthfully, this whole story about Kiritsugu doesn’t feel real to me. // But I can tell that there were no lies in what he said just now, and also…
    Shirou: Kotomine, // did you hate Kiritsugu?
    Kirei: Of course. // He and I were natural enemies.
    Last edited by EDreamer; April 21st, 2017 at 09:11 AM.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    All right, here's the translation for chapter 14. It technically spans parts of two volume chapters, but please make the necessary changes to fit the magazine version, Infigar.

HF Chapter 14
    Page 83:
    Shirou: The church…? // But I was told not to go there anymore. // The only time I should go there is if I give up being a Master…
    Saber: That warning was merely for expediency’s sake. // You’re not connected to the Mage’s Association, so you’re under no obligation to follow the church’s rules.
    Shirou: I see…You’ve got a point.
    Shirou (thought): Unlike Tohsaka, the Emiya family have essentially been outright outlaws since Kiritsugu’s generation.
    Shirou: But…I feel like I should avoid meeting that priest too much.
    Saber: I also agree. // If possible, I don’t want anything to do with that priest.
    Shirou: ……? // Me aside, why do you dislike him, Saber? // In the first place, the two of you have never met face to face, right?

Page 84:
    Chapter 14: Day 4 / The Holy Grail War and its Origins 3
    Saber: — // He was a participant in the previous Holy Grail War. // Kiritsugu was extremely wary of him right to the very end.

Page 85:
    Shirou: —Eh?
    Shirou (thought): What did she just say—?
    Shirou: Saber…Why do you // know Kiritsugu’s name—?
    Saber: I’m saying that I was Kiritsugu’s Servant. // I worked together with him in the Holy Grail War and remained victorious until the end of the war.

Page 86:
    Saber: Kiritsugu viewed that priest as our greatest enemy in the war. // He said that that man was the only one capable of defeating us.
    Shirou (thought): Kiritsugu was a Master in the previous Holy Grail War. // That means // he’s one of the people who caused that hell to occur…?
    Shirou: —That can’t be. There’s no way that’s true. // In that case, why did Kotomine keep quiet about it, and why did Kiritsugu—

Page 87:
    Shirou: say nothing about it to me…?
    Saber: I don’t know Kiritsugu’s reasons. // But as for the priest’s silence on the matter, // that’s probably because you didn’t ask about it. // That man is the type to answer honestly when questioned. // If you ask him yourself, // he’ll definitely tell you the truth.

Page 88:
    Shirou: …… // What’s this?

Page 89:
    Saber: If there’s any danger, call me right away. // That priest gives off an ominous feeling.
    Shirou: I completely agree with you there…Don’t worry, if anything happens, I’ll immediately call you.

Page 90:
    Shirou: Excuse me, // is Father Kotomine here?

(TL Note: Remove the “#7 END” at the bottom of the page.)

Page 91-92:
    (Skip and don’t include in scanlation.)

Page 93:
    Shirou (thought): !?

(TL Note: Remove the chapter title at the top of the page.)

Page 94:
    Gilgamesh: —Hoh. // You are entranced by something unpleasant.
    Gilgamesh: You have business with Kotomine, correct? // Wait there.

Page 95:
    Shirou (thought): …He didn’t do anything. // And yet—why? // Why did I steel myself to being killed here by that man just now?
    Kirei: I’m shocked. // Are you retiring from the war after less than half a day, Emiya Shirou?

Page 96:
    Shirou: Of course not. I just want to ask you something. // If not, there’s no way I’d come visit you asking for help.
    Kirei: That’s fine with me. // I’m quite busy myself. // It’d be a problem for me if you became easily attached to me.
    Shirou (thought): Damn it…I really can’t bring myself to like this guy.
    Kirei: So? If you have a question, speak it. // We’re not close enough to exchange idle greetings.
    Shirou (thought): —He’s right. There’s no need for me to become friends with this man.
    Shirou: I only have one question. // —It’s about Kiritsugu. // Why did you keep quiet about it?

Page 97:
    Shirou: Why did you keep quiet about Emiya Kiritsugu having fought as a Master // in the previous Holy Grail War?
    Kirei: Is it not obvious? // What good would it do for you to learn that your father was previously a Master? // Emiya Kiritsugu’s achievements have nothing to do with Emiya Shirou.
    Shirou: …No, it does have something to do with me. // Isn’t the reason I became a Master because I’m Kiritsugu’s son?
    Kirei: That is none of my concern. // In the first place, you are not Kiritsugu’s legitimate son.

Page 98:
    Kirei: Normally, it’s quite rare for a magus // who knows nothing of the Holy Grail to be chosen as a Master. // Therefore, the fact that an exception like you was chosen is mere coincidence. That’s what I like to say, but… // I do feel that fate had some hand in this.
    Shirou (thought): Fate?
    Kirei: The Holy Grail might wish for you to atone in place of your father Emiya Kiritsugu, // the man who betrayed the Holy Grail.
    Shirou: Kiritsugu betrayed the Holy Grail—?

Page 99:
    Kirei: Yes…Your father was a man who originally came to this town solely for the purpose of obtaining the Holy Grail. // His objective was the Grail and the Grail alone, so the Holy Grail might have sympathized with his pure wish. // But Emiya Kiritsugu destroyed the Holy Grail at the very end.
    Shirou (thought): Kiritsugu destroyed // the Holy Grail!?
    Shirou: …Kiritsugu probably destroyed the Holy Grail because he thought it was unnecessary. // How is that a betrayal—?
    Kirei: Hmm….I see, you don’t know what Kiritsugu was like before you met him.

Page 100:
    Kirei: —Very well. There’s little point to it, // but I shall tell you the truth about Emiya Kiritsugu. // I don’t know where Kiritsugu heard about the Holy Grail War in this land. // I don’t know the details of how it happened, but in the end, Emiya Kiritsugu was hired as the strongest Master—

Page 101:
    Kirei: —by the Einzberns, the noble family of magi said to be the origin of the Holy Grail War. // They are a clan unsuited to battle. // After failing in the first three wars, the Einzberns sought a Master specialized in battle. // So they entrusted their hopes to Kiritsugu, a magus skilled in killing and unassociated with the Mage’s Association.

Page 102:
    Kirei: The Einzberns gave Kiritsugu extraordinary treatment. // He was brought into the family and produced an heir even more suited to combat. // It’s not hard to imagine just how much they trusted him. // And Kiritsugu met those expectations. // He was precise, meticulous, dauntless, and ruthless. // He showed no mercy to the enemy. Once he decided to kill someone, he simply killed them. // He slaughtered the other Servants, and placed his gun at the head of Masters as they tried to crawl away while begging for mercy before pulling the trigger. // He felt nothing after killing people, not pride for his strength, nor guilt towards the weaklings he killed— // The best way to describe him was an emotionless machine.

Page 103:
    Shirou: Kiritsugu was like a machine—?
    Kirei: That’s right. He killed many people. // He didn’t even think of taking steps to not involve innocent people. // I’m the only one who managed to survive after fighting Kiritsugu in the previous Holy Grail War. // With those methods, Kiritsugu swiftly defeated the other competitors until he was the last Master standing. // If he were participating in this war, he would have been the kind of Master you hate the most.
    Shirou: …But, // Kiritsugu…
    Kirei: …I know. // Naturally, Emiya Kiritsugu wasn’t a machine. // He merely discarded his personal feelings for the sake of his objective. // —And as a result, that led him to betray everything at the last moment.

Page 104:
    Kirei: The Einzberns who entrusted their clan’s longstanding desire to him. // The Holy Grail that appeared before its rightful owner after five Masters were defeated. // And the wish that Kiritsugu himself held, one impossible to grant by human means. // He discarded all of them. // Thus, the Holy Grail disappeared and the Holy Grail War came to an end. // That is how the previous war ended— // and the truth about the magus you consider your father.

Page 105:
    Shirou (thought): Truthfully, this whole story about Kiritsugu doesn’t feel real to me. // But I can tell that there were no lies in what he said just now, and also…
    Shirou: Kotomine, // did you hate Kiritsugu?
    Kirei: Of course. // He and I were natural enemies.
    This is great. Tnx
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

Seems like volume 4 releases on June 2

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4041056470/

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    nice Rider cover.