Wuaow, i only remember that exist and i dropped it just now
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    216447546 Shadow
    Oh yeah...that anime was a MESS.
    Friend ID: 216,447,546
    NA Support List

Part of me wants to give the benefit of the doubt and say Chaos Dragon's unfortunate story changes came down to it being a prequel to the phone game that was coming out at the same time.

I hope they don't try to stuff two volumes of light novel into six episodes, it'll be a rushed mess.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    I mean, if they have enough episode space to make 6 episodes anime original and then 6 episodes of Rail Zeppelin, why aren't they using the first 6 episodes to adapt the Iselma arc? Is it that much longer than the Mystic Eyes arc?
    Honestly, this is probably what they should have done considering Flat and Svin are not in rail zepplin at all.
    If we're talking about an arc that shows the el-melloi classroom as the el-melloi classroom it'd be the iselma arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Are we sure about 12 episodes airing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    Honestly Sanda could probably feed me pure trash and as long as Flat’s in it I’d eat it.

I don’t like it and I’m not proud, but it’s the truth.

that being said I’m super excited solely because it’s new content rofl.
    whoa whoa dangerous thinking there
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Are we sure about 12 episodes airing?
    No, people is just speculating if we are gonna have 6 episodes of original content and 6 ep of Rail Zepellin
    Or 12 ep (1º cour) of original content and 12 ep (2º cour) of Rail Zepellin
    'cause neither number of episodes or cours was confirmed yet

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    ok thanks.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

https://natalie.mu/comic/pp/elmelloi

An interview with Sanda and Urobuchi about Lord El-Melloi II.

Sanda also explains here why they decided to adapt Rail Zeppelin instead of Adra or Iselma, and how the first half of the anime will be small cases that happened between Iselma and Rail Zeppelin, in a Detective Conan manner.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Waver's outfits are custom made from Savile Road.
    At the TM fes when Zero was screed on the big screen Sanda wondered about the start of Waver's new life as well and how he would keep his promise to Iskander. He told his friend, Narita about this. Three days after the fes it seems Narita told Nasu this and Nasu told Sanda "You should write this."
    From the beginning Sanda wanted to write a mystery (because that's what El-Melloi II is good at) at the same time the first hook he got from the loreside was the disassembly war. Considering he wanted to make Case Files similar to the first half of the KnK in terms of being a mystery, the disassembly war wouldn't allow that. Also you already had big action pieces like Apo and FGO in motion. Furthermore with the Tsuki remake being announced he thought it would be cool to write a different side of TM.
    Originally Sanda was planning to make it 2 volumes with 5 "episodes." But Nasu said they should extend it. The original five "episodes" are the 5 stories we currently have.
    Sanda met Nasu through Miwa Kiyomune (lore dude for all TM stuff). Sanda was writing Rental Magica and had some lore to go over with Miwa who was also working on some Gaelic stuff for Realtua Nua. They seemed to get along pretty well so Sanda and Nasu started getting food together.
    As you see him, what is Nasu like?
    Urobuchi: You can't get to the bottom of him. I've known him for a long time, but the longer you associate with him the more distant that bottom becomes. He is extremely well mannered, however, no matter how close you are there's a side of him that he will absolutely not expose, while maintaing a certain persona.
    Sanda: There's an area where other people can't enter. It's been said when there's someone within a 5 meters radius of him, he definitely will not write a manscript.
    Urobuchi: It feels like he conceals himself within himself. Like a magus (laughs).
    Sanda: Definitely. But he has very strong communication skills.
    I talked with Nasu and Sakamoto Maaya previously and was impressed how he sometimes referred to himself as "Kinoko."
    Urobuchi: That's a reason why you can't get to the bottom of him. He creates and talks through a persona called "Nasu Kinoko."
    The interviewer asks what would Nasu's origin be.
    Sanda says that "Castle" comes to though because while you decorate the outside, you hide yourself within. Urobuchi says that's pretty great because Nasu also loves Dark Souls.
    Last edited by You; April 24th, 2019 at 07:24 PM.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

US Friend Code
    Five "episodes" in two volumes sounds like too much packed in there so I'm glad it was extended.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Waver's outfits are custom made from Savile Road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Savile Row
    The personal tailoring of your bespoke suit will require about 3 fittings and take four to twelve weeks. Prices for a bespoke suit start at £3,000 ($3872) to £4,000 ($5162) incl. VAT for the more famous names and can go up £10,000 ($12,905) for very exclusive materials.
    Guess Waver's been living the good life if he can get a suit from Savile Row.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Five "episodes" in two volumes sounds like too much packed in there so I'm glad it was extended.
    The idea was making it like Kara no Kyoukai. It would have been far shorter.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    -Going back to Case Files, Sanda, what are Fate Stay Night and Fate Zero to Case Files?
    Sanda: Zero showed for the first time "People other than Nasu Kinoko can write the Type-Moon world" in other words, "you can write it too." To compare it to the Bible, Fate Stay Night is the old Testament and Fate Zero is the New Testament. Case Files is written to be read independently. Knowing the main outline for stay night and Zero will give you 90% of the in-jokes is how I wrote it. They're foundational.
    -So are there are a lot of people who are reading Case Files after completing Fate/Stay Night?
    Sanda: No, now, there are probably many people who know El-Melloi II from FGO rather than Fate/Stay Night. Also, I believe because of the anime there is not an insignificant amount of people who know the outline of stay night.
    Urobuchi: I thought that Fate/Zero was a story you couldn't understand without playing Fate/Stay Night. Surprisingly, there are people coming to Fate through Fate/Zero. However, because it's a story that plays with the spoilers of Fate/Stay Night, unless you read stay night first there is a lot presented you won't understand or identify. That's why, for a while, I declined allowing anyone but Type-moon books to publish it.
    where urobuchi dunks on the zero secondaries

-Touko's teacher, a Lord other than El-Melloi II makes an appearance.
    Sanda: Creation Department's Lord, Inorai Valualeta Atroholm. Oh yeah, I think Kinoko names all the Type-moon characters important to the worldview. The name is important to him and there's are rules on how they are named. Inorai is something Kinoko decided.
    In choosing Rail Zepplin, Sanda kind of went through process of elimination. Most mystery novels are theatrical. In Detachment Castle Adra, the curtain truly rises when they get to the castle. An incident occurs and the tension rises. From that Gray and El-Melloi II investigate and there's another incident. Finally there's a climax. When writing the script a TV anime, 6 eps couldn't come out of that.
    This is also different from an action light novel. When Sanda writes one of those, There's a battle by page 50, another at 120, and the best battle on 180. The volume ends on 240. Making an anime with that is easier because you get a mini climax each episode. Adra and Iselma are more theatrical stories.
    Rail Zepplin has all the actions but still you need previous knowledge like Gray's abilities, El-Melloi II's relationship with Reines and aspects of the classroom.
    Last edited by You; April 26th, 2019 at 05:07 AM.

I can see Adra and Iselma working better as movies yeah.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    -Rider's Noble Phantasm Army of the King allows for the consecutive summoning of many Heroic Spirits that ran through the battlefield with him. It's an EX rank Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Even within Zero it's described as something that departs from the beaten path.
    Urobuchi: However, the balance doesn't collapse. There are Noble Phantasms that can wipe out "Army of the King." Even if you prepare a gaudy gimmick, there are gimmicks in this world that will counter yours. Therefore, the degree of freedom on the creator side is very high. There's no end once you get the knack for it. Once you lean into the worldview you can honestly just have fun writing whatever you want. That's the fun of writing a Fate novel.
    Sanda: I'm different from the "self-indulgent" type, I like to take short instances of lore like words or phrases, receive and work out the details. For example the Mystic Eye Collection Train (a detail introduced in Mahou Tsukai no Yoru) only has its name mentioned. What the Mystic Eye Auction fundamentally consisted of was not talked about in Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, where the term first appeared. So in using it for the stage of the third case file, Nasu took the lore out of his box and let me incorporate it into the story. For creators writing spin-offs, there are few things more rewarding.
    Urobuchi: If he fleshed out all this interesting material there would be a lot of stories.
    Sanda: It's quite curious. Furthermore, I thought that generally the Mystic Eye Collection Train was a delicious piece of lore however, at that point Kinoko had no intention of using. That's the charm, Type-Moon is a toy box that won't break even if other people flesh out the lore.
    Last edited by You; April 25th, 2019 at 05:54 PM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Truer words haven't been spoken, and that's one of the reasons the fandom can be so appealing. It's really imagination-friendly.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    I can see Adra and Iselma working better as movies yeah.
    you mean several OVAs
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    you mean several OVAs
    Well that could also work, but there is nothing more theatrical than a movie. You don't have to worry about so much about the setup taking a while there.

The point Sanda is making here is that people would get bored if there is an entire episode with "nothing" happening other than setup.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Like Monster?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet