Page 172 of 782 FirstFirst ... 72122162167170171172173174177182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    some naruto guy.
    Shouldn't he have mystic eyes of illusion A+ as a personal skill or something.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Freischütz seems like the perfect candidate for 'weapons are now what make you famous, the weapon would be that which ascended to the Throne'.
    Exactly. It's a weapon summoned with a wielder, rather than the other way around.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Exactly. It's a weapon summoned with a wielder, rather than the other way around.
    Well, no.
    the demonic contract that keeps a copy of his spirit lingering in the records
    This is a case of something very like False Assassin happening, not a weapon trying to conjure its user.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes but that was my interpretation of the legend, you see Nothing to do with Serbento.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Well, the folkloric Freischutz has been around since, what... 15th or 16th century? That still puts it comfortably in the era when people become famous for things even though often it is the weapon itself which is pretty special. And even then this is more a situation where a lot of people have all had similar charms placed upon their weapons, rather than any one specific weapon. After all, in the folklore it could apply to anything, from a bow to a gun.

I imagined him more along the line of real Assassin than false Assassin, where there are multiple wraiths that all fill the requirement of Hassan/Freischutz, and just one of them is yoinked into the Grail War.

But yeah, there's definitely a way you could twist it to being a "weapon spirit" instead of a human spirit, and have it enter a weapon used as a catalyst, thus having a talkative gun or something, I guess.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I don't know, in my personal experience, whenever I've tried that kind of approach it just gets brushed off and ignored, but when I metaphorically nuke them they listen and do what I want (if they were doing something wrong). Of course, it usually doesn't come to that.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
    So ... how would a more than 10.000 year old character orginally apperantly not native to the earth like Eirin from Touhou transfer into the Nasuverse?
    She wouldn't (it doesn't help that she's from the Moon and the Touhou-verse moon's history is so radically different from the Nasuverse moon's history). That said, that shouldn't stop you if you want to do a profile on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    I can understand why you would want to deprive Itachi of his ridiculously hax eyes (though it would be kind of funny to see people dismiss him as a mere Assassin only for him to WTFpwn them with something like Amaterasu), since it makes things more interesting since he has to fight more strategically now, but you didn't bother listing "Ninjutsu" as one of his Personal Skills? Wut?

Also, it makes no sense for him to be deprived of the Sharingan because his eyes were removed post-humously. That's like saying you should summon Diarmuid with his guts spilling out because that's how he died (from being gored by a wild boar), or you should summon any Servant as a rotting corpse or even a pile of dust/ashes since their bodies have long since decayed. Itachi kept his eyes throughout his entire life. More to the point, it makes no sense at all for him to be deprived of his Sharingan because they were removed after he died... and then to go ahead and give him a new set of completely normal eyes that somehow still have the blindness weakness of his Mangekyou. You might as well summon him with empty sockets.

What I mean is I can understand why you did so from an author-perspective, but the "in-story" justification behind it feels somewhat weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Asdfghl View Post
    Longinus
    I like his NP and the history behind it, but it feels like Longinus himself is missing some backstory. You sort of alluded to there being more than meets the eye behind his summoning, but never elaborated, and we don't get any idea of his motivation for participating in the HGW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    The Freeshooter
    Honestly, he seems too hax to me despite your attempts to water him down. Just give him a decent sniper rifle with a good scope, a good, high vantage point to shoot from, and watch him "BOOM! Headshot!" Servants left and right. Its not like they can make the LCK check if he's sniping them unawares from a kilometer away while there backs are turned or something (honestly, sometimes I think Nasu's anti-modern age stance and "no mundane weapons can affect Servants" rule are set-up just to prevent that sort of scenario cuz' otherwise a lot of modern-age candidates would rapestomp their ancient counterparts). He only sucks if forced into melee or if his opponent has some insane LCK or something like God Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    Shalya
    I liked the Ashura-that-splits-into-an-army NP; it makes for an incredible mental image. You're right about him basically being a more powerful Iskander though, but them's the breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I'm still puzzling over exactly how to make Eklavya a badass Archer when his whole schtick is that he can't shoot because Arjuna was an asshole and got his teacher to cut his thumb off.
    Maybe he pulls the bowstring with his teeth (that or a crossbow but that would look kind of stupid)? In "The Dark Knight Returns", Green Arrow, who is now missing an arm, has trained himself to use his bow with just one arm and can still make incredible shots. Eklavya should be able to shoot without a thumb with ease by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    Shouldn't he have mystic eyes of illusion A+ as a personal skill or something.
    Except Lyco specifically mentions his Sharingan (which can do a lot more than illusions) is sealed (probably so he wouldn't rapestomp; a fully tricked out Itachi would steamroll most HGWs even if we nerfed his big moves).

夜属 Nightkin
    I also agree with the idea that him having his eyes ripped out posthumously makes him not have them on the throne is weird... especially considering that HE HAS HIS SHARINGAN EYES when he gets reanimated, which is weird, but true... Also he even has an "extra" in the form of Shisui's eye (which would have been a pretty damn cool noble phantasm, as it is 1 use for 10 years, which is presumably longer than the war, and lets him essentially utilize a command seal on any living being).

Also how come he doesn't have Innocent Monster as a personal skill? It is one of the few skills that NEVER seems to be applicable, and here we have a fantastic candidate for it...

If you really wanted him to not have access to the sharingan then I would have gone with him having sealed them both through Izanagi, which would be interesting because it leaves him blind, plus it provides a realistic justification for why he has no haxx-igan.

I also definitely agree with G-man, no ninjutsu is weird, he should at least have magecraft with a note that he utilizes ninjutsu to perform it if you want to interpret it in that fashion (chakra is od, ninjutsu is spellcraft, affinities are elements/origins, sealing is runes etc.).

Also I would be of the impression based on the databooks that he would be a rank higher in strength than you have him, and a rank lower in endurance than you have him, and if we assume that chakra is prana/od then he should probably have A rank Mag stat.

My only other nitpick is that based on the feats he performs (and is said to be capable of, both in side material and by third parties in the series) I would think he warrants at least a C rank in Projectile (Daggers)

Still, glad to see him somewhere as he is one of those characters that one would think on the surface would just be a mental-masturbation fest, but it turns out is surprisingly deep in terms of his personality and attitude and difficult but worth it mechanically.

Blog Entries
    Honestly, he seems too hax to me despite your attempts to water him down. Just give him a decent sniper rifle with a good scope, a good, high vantage point to shoot from, and watch him "BOOM! Headshot!" Servants left and right. Its not like they can make the LCK check if he's sniping them unawares from a kilometer away while there backs are turned or something (honestly, sometimes I think Nasu's anti-modern age stance and "no mundane weapons can affect Servants" rule are set-up just to prevent that sort of scenario cuz' otherwise a lot of modern-age candidates would rapestomp their ancient counterparts). He only sucks if forced into melee or if his opponent has some insane LCK or something like God Hand.
    Because a sniper rifle's range is totally broken when you compare it to Archer's accuracy with a bow, that only dips under 100% on small, fast moving targets when you go out past 4 kilometers. And who fucking knows how far away he could peg a stationary target, probably arc the shot over the damn horizon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not to mention that half the cast could probably block/dodge the bullet (Saber with Instinct, Koujiro with his "lulz NPs are useless" barrier slapped around the temple, Herc with God Hand, etc). And if he misses even once then his chances of winning the GW are pretty much gone completely.

This is basically a weaker Gae Bolg that can be used for only 6 times with a longer range.
    Last edited by Mellon; November 15th, 2012 at 06:53 AM.

夜属 Nightkin
    Im still convinced to this day that even with arturia and berserker as potential enemies Archer should have no problem winning that war if he acts like an assassin... The only reason this doesn't happen is because Rin has morals... I can't imagine the nonsense the 4th war would have been had he been summoned by kiritsugu.

Masters? What masters, those are a bunch of fleshbags soon to be headless and limbless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    Im still convinced to this day that even with arturia and berserker as potential enemies Archer should have no problem winning that war if he acts like an assassin... The only reason this doesn't happen is because Rin has morals... I can't imagine the nonsense the 4th war would have been had he been summoned by kiritsugu.

Masters? What masters, those are a bunch of fleshbags soon to be headless and limbless.
    I think you are underestimating servants badly here. Most servants seem to perceive the world in a vague Nasu instincty kind of way featuring perceivable bloodlust and so on, hell Medusa doesn't even need to see to fight. In HA it was mentioned that Saber would be able to get to Archer if she didn't need to defend Shirou, I wouldn't be surprised if lots of the other servants can do something simliar and then there's command seals.

Its also seems rare for a master to be running around completely defenseless, Shirou was an exception.

Archer's sniping is strong( BP trump card and all) but its not an instant win button or something, its less op than Gae Bolg and Bellerophon.
    Last edited by BlackField; November 15th, 2012 at 08:06 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hmm... looking back at my little Indo-Javanese collection, i think i already got Saber (Ekalavya), Archer (Ekalavya again), Rider (Shalya), Berserker (Gatotkaca), and Assassin (Ashwattama). Only Lancer and Caster more to go, huh~ And maybe remake either Saber or Archer, though i'm quite happy that i nailed both with Ekalavya.

So, any suggestions?

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Why not remake Ashwattama as a Berserker? He basiclly went Berserk during the attack on the camps!

Can you make one for Abhyimannu(Archer/Rider) & maybe one for Bhagadutta(I don't know what he is called in the Javan version but he's the dude from Pragjyotishpur-Assam who had a GINORMOUS force of berserker war elephants!)

Bhagadutta as a rider with an elephant summon would be cool-especially since most riders seem to prefer horses/chariots!
    Last edited by ikoke; November 15th, 2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Adding new content

夜属 Nightkin
    blackfield... doesn't archer have gae bolg at his disposal anyway? I am pretty sure he saw that weapon during his life and it would therefore be stored in UBW...

as for masters being in the open, that is true but even without presence concealment he should be more than capable of tracking down other masters considering the combination of his insane sight (he is a C or B rank clairvoyence IIRC) and the innate brokenness of being able to be in spirit form (seriously in fate zero berserker literally flies through the air, landing on top of a jet while spiritual).

for me I guess the major deciding factor is whether or not he ACTUALLY has memory loss, or if he is just fucking with Rin and doesn't want to tell her. If the former, then yeah he is just a fairly good servant stat-wise with some diverse and useful abilities. If it is the latter then there is no reason that he couldn't end the war anytime he felt like up until I would say the third day or so... with his only 'real' worries being how to deal with berserker and maybe gilgamesh (and considering that SHIRO manages to beat gilgamesh, though due mostly to the king's hubris... I have no doubt that Archer can do so as well)... He knows the identity of every servant in the war, he knows the identity of almost all the masters, he knows where the base of operations of everyone in the war is, he even is ostensibly capable of using the actual noble phantasm of at least 1 of the participants (lancer), and likely can use some of the others (nine lives, and excalibur)... And these are all things that are excluding the need for him to go all out and actually unleash his reality marble... The worst part is that since he KNOWS that the assassin summoned cannot go after his master he can take his high rank independent action and wreak havoc.

If it is in fact the "latter" scenario (he actually DOES remember who he is) there is no reason he wouldn't be able to put that war away with no problems, barring a weird scenario where others gang up on him (rather than i dunno heracles), and even then it is still quite possible for him to come out on top, though it would require a bit of luck.

So unless I am greviously overestimating the utility of future-knowledge combined with his skill set I think I have made the case that the only way he isn't an absolute shoo-in is if his memory did get fucked up by the summoning (which is completely within the realm of possibility), and in that case he is merely the most favored non-god tier servant in the war (and possibly just the second most favored overall after Berserker, as Arturia is stuck with Shiro as a master...)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    snip
    There is no Excalibur inside UBW and what you are arguing is completely different to what you were saying earlier(or at least your previous post was completely offtopic and was designed to trap people like me into responding). You are now arguing whether Archer can win the war or not, rather than whether Archer can snipe everyone with archery and win a HGW he has never seen before with ease, these are completely different arguments.

Archer can never use Gae Bolg as well as Cu Chulainn, its the whole user vs owner deal. Also I said his sniping was worse than Gae Bolg or Bellerophon, not that Archer can't use Gae Bolg.

Oh and I'm pretty sure Archer has less likelihood of beating Gil than Shirou, one is a servant and the other is a child after all(Gil just needs to put on his armor and Archer loses). His reality marble isn't that hax NP when activated, its only a difficult ability for the average servant. UBW just gives him more options and most importantly of all, a chance for a CG to compete with heroic spirits.
    Last edited by BlackField; November 15th, 2012 at 09:22 AM.

夜属 Nightkin
    all I was ever saying was that all it would take for archer to win the fifth war with no problem if he was summoned, and that if he was summoned with kiritsugu in the 4th it would be scary... and it may have been slightly off topic, though not for the reason you stated.. it was mostly a random thought out loud.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's a Heracles-shaped hole in that claim, though.

And a Lancelot, Gilgamesh, Alexander, and Diarmuid one too...
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10

I may or may not have been addicted to Power Rangers when I was younger.

Servant
    : Qualified Saber, Rider and mildly so as Caster

Alignment: Good

True name: Tommy Oliver, The Greatest Ranger

(This image belongs to TommyOliver5 and can be found here with complete bio on character.)

Parameters:
    Strength: E+*
    Endurance: E+*
    Agility: E+*
    Magic: D+*
    Luck: C

Class skills:

Magical Resistance:
    (C as Saber, E as Rider) Due to his role as a Power Ranger he automatically gained a small boost in resistance physically, mentally and magically. He has a slightly higher resistance than many of his compatriots due to his multiple power changes.

Riding:
    (B as Rider, C as Saber)In his life he has ridden many strange beast that many couldn’t tell you if they were best of machine. And with his experience in many extreme and varying mounts he is capable in handling most mundane beast and vehicles.

Territory Creation:
    (C) Caster only Skill. With this ability he is able to recreate the inside of the fortress of his youth known as the Command Center. There he can remotely watch other Servants and their Masters as well as having an teleport that can take him anywhere in the city. The teleporting ability also serving as an emergency escape when necessary.

Item Creation:
    (D) Caster Only Skill. Unlike most in the Caster Class he is not creating items but using this skill as a short cut to access weapons and items of his various “Morphs” without transforming.

Personal skills
    :

Gifts of the Power:
    (A) As Power Ranger he has gained a slight edge in his non morphed state over other humans, making him slightly tougher, stronger and more resilient. Though Tommy is a special case as he has been on two teams that has given more than the usual boost in power.

• · Ninjetti /Disciple of Ninjor: There are two origins in how he obtained this set/increase in powers but both start the same way. After losing his original White Ranger powers Tommy and his teammates searched for a new source of power. In one origin they found a world called Phaedos and met a woman name Dulcea who taught them how to access their inner animal. In the other an ancient warrior blacksmith named Ninjor gave them the powers. The end result is very much the same. The list of abilities gained by these ninja powers include: Replacement, Underground Movement, Cloning, Laser Attack, Smoke Screen, Increased Size, Limited Mind Control, and a limited phasing ability.

• · Gift of the Brachiosaurus: A gift from his later Power Ranger incarnation that allows him to become invisible for an indefinite amount of time. What this ability has to do with a Brachiosaurus no one really knows.

Topclass Martial Artist:
    (C+) While not reality breaking his skill is more than enough to hold off and defeat inhuman enemies even without his Ranger Power. One of the most notable of these feats is when a t-rex automation attacked him he kicked it in the face hard enough to escape.

Bravery
    : (B) In honesty most Rangers have this ability though it tends to lean towards the stupid and near suicidal range of things.

Noble Phantasm:
    Power Morpher: (Support/Anti Monster, Rank B) A ever changing item that covers him in any of five different empowering armors, each one designed to fight off wave of monster and are equipped enough to do it with little effort. Though the damage to the suit is comparable to the damage of the user, so enough damage will cause the Phantasm to deactivate. (Changes any stat marked * to the corresponding Ranger strength)

· Green Dragon Ranger: Str:B End: D Agl:C Mag: D His first and probably most physically capable form. While in this form he was able to take on four other Rangers while he was under an evil witch’s spell.

• o Dragon Dagger: A beautiful dagger that is as much an instrument of killing as an instrument of music. The blade was desgined to be played similarly to a flute and with a few notes he can send a powerful burst of energy at his opponets. (Item needed to unlock his other Nobel Phantasm)

· White Ranger: Str: D End: B Agl: D Mag: D His most enduring form, the one he used the longest and the one he feel identifies him the most.
    • o Saba: A sentient sword that is known to give advice and warning as well as being able to levitate and wield itself. To further complement the blade it can shoot laser from the tiger head the decorates the pummel of the blade.

· Red Zeo Ranger 5: Str: C End: D Agl: D Mag:A This form has the most raw energy out of all of them, powered by a crystal that whole empires have vied for and fought over. Tommy is known to take this energy and release it into a devastating kick.
    • o Red Power Sword: A rather simple sword, compared to the others, that allows him to channel his energy and give burst of laser attacks.

· Red Turbo Ranger: Str: D End: D Agl:B+ Mag: D By far his fastest form but his most shirt lived. He has the least experience in this state and as such doesn’t put as much trust in it as he does the others.
    • o Turbo Lightning Sword: Similar to the Red Power Sword but trading Speed for Power.

· Black Branchio Ranger: Str:C (B) End:C Agl: D (C) Mag:C+ Tommy’s latest incarnation of power and while it has a rather average stat bar it comes with a versatile weapon and a rank up ability.
    • o Branchio Staff: A sword like weapon that allows Tommy to release five different energy attacks based on the elements.
    • o Super Dino Mode: A brief power up mode that increases his more physical abilities and protrudes a number of spikes along his body.

DragonZord: (Anti-Fortress/Anti-Monster, Rank A) Though he has many ‘Zords’ in the past this one is the closest to his legend. A giant dragon like living machine that arises from the sea to do battle with giant abominations it is equipped with more than just teeth and claws. A large drill is attached to its mighty tail capable of destroying whole structures and at its finger tips missles are ready to be deployed at any moment. 38 meters tall, 170 tons and can reach speeds of 140 mph.
    See me wasting my life on fanfics here.