Page 76 of 302 FirstFirst ... 26667174757677788186126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Blog Entries
    +1 to both Nightmare Apatheia and Zero Eos.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Honor remains by curlydots
    Author summary:"You'd prefer if I died fighting you then?" Diarmuid says, his voice heavy with amusement.
    Saber and Lancers fight in the Einzbern forest ends a little differently.
    An enjoyable oneshot with in the authors own tagwords bromance and Knights being knightly.
    Kinda bittersweet but it's Fate/zero so it's to be expected.
    http://archiveofourown.org/works/813335

US Friend Code
    I will also + 1 to Vestigial Mercies
    and since it apparently has no summary and needs one.
    Basically a young Kotomine taking the place of Shirou in the fire. Think about that for a second the anti-Shirou gets rescued and raised by Emiya Kiritsugu
    we also get to see a delightful relation with Rin.
    Finally Kirei Summons Jean an Anti-Gil of sorts while Rin summons the king of kings himself Gilgamesh.

Blog Entries
    Saw Honor Remains a day or two ago. Could have done with more in it: not adding to the before-and-after, but extra meat in the actual time it's covering. It's still decent, but not by any means outstanding.

+0.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcherReborn2 View Post
    Title: Shattered Blades
    Author: DrakeBalkyr
    Okay, I've labored through the last available chapter, so here's what I thought.

The bad:
    - Copy-pasta of In Flight's "Shirou's girlfriends" part. Really, is that the kind of thing you'd tell tell your long lost mother on your first meeting, not to mention you've broken up with them anyway? It seems like a forced way to make to inform the Sekirei cast that he's experienced in harem shenanigans, and, more worryingly, that they might be able to force that on him in the future.
    - There's a POV shift halfway through the second chapter from Shirou to Minato to Shirou again, which is annoying since the story's told from a first-person narrative. If not for the hard-to-notice "POV Change" alert I would've been utterly confused.
    - Groan-worthy parts like "Type Sekirei" and "By the Root".
    - Several typos here and there. This guy needs a beta.

Surprisingly (considering this was inspired by IF) there's also some not-bad points. Shirou's not on a power trip - his reaction to the prospect of fighting Karasuba is basically "I am so utterly fucked!". It also didn't bore me to tears as was the case with IF, mostly thanks to having less unnecessary expositions.

Final verdict (since I don't think I'll continue reading), it's a +0. Not bad to read when you're bored at work, but not something I would recommend to others.

Btw, have I recced Vestigial Mercies already? IF not, here's a +1 from me. Great job Zalgo, entertaining as usual.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    ...okay, do we add a +1 without saying the reason why?

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Blog Entries
    +1 without saying why puts you in the little horde of extras under the +X heading. If you give a note Kyte finds worthy along with your recommendation (or derec), you get a name and a link to your post before the wordless scum.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Why, hello there, food 2.0.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

+1 to Postnuptial Disagreements. Love the crazy magus-ness of Meriwether, the snarky remarks, the slow-as-teeth-pulling slide into the existence of basic human connections with people against his will, and the stuff blowing up. I also savor the ability of the author to willingly abandon canon in executing this crossover with an AU, and to not make a harem out of a harem anime crossover. And to make me actually cheer (mentally, okay, not out loud, but even so) when Kayneth made his first appearance. Also, Kiritsugu's few scenes involved much concentrated awesome. (Also, it was pretty courageous of the writer to have the protagonist not be involved in the Big Climactic Fight against the Very Final Boss, but instead be off doing something else--though Meri does get a pretty impressive final battle of his own.)

(I also note that in reading this fic, I have come to realize that Sekirei, a series of which I know very little other than it involves busty alien fighting girls in a harem, is a series from which I would very likely run in horror, given that Minato and his bunch of Sekirei are presumably the lead and harem from the actual series. The Matsu omake, especially, cements this.)
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Why, hello there, food 2.0.
    That's not food 2.0, there's no mention of neckbeards or waifu.

Blog Entries
    Don't worry, it's just a matter of time.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

I have another recommendation, hopefully this time it has more success here. After your comments on my earlier recommendation I realized that my standards are a lot lower than many of you here. Hopefully this one does better.

Title: Alexandriad: The Song of Fire
    Author:
    SuperGoldenFroggie
    Summary:
    The Spring-Time Familiar Summoning Ritual summons the being most suitable for the mage. A soul of fire summons forth a soul of fire. The right spark can cause anything to burn. Fate/Zero Rider
    Pairing(s): N/A
    Link:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6995539/...e-Song-of-Fire
    This one only has three chapters out and it probably won't update anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherReborn2 View Post
    This one only has three chapters out and it probably won't update anymore.
    and it probably won't update anymore
    won't update anymore
    There are not enough tears.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I thought Froggie said she'd have more time to write now that she changed jobs? Not sure, I'd have to ask her next time she comes online.

+1 to Vestigial Mercies. Let "A Study in Velvet" be praised, for it hath introduced me to the really-goodness that is Zalgo's writing.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    Name: Anti-Bono
    Author: Zalgo Jenkins
    Summary: Kotomine Kirei and Emiya Kiritsugu as opposing lawyers in a court of law, funny ensues.
    Link: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...64#post1218364

If you've ever wondered how would a FSN/Phoenix Wright crossover would got, then this is the fic for you.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

Blog Entries
    I would like to +1 Anti-Bono.

Short, sweet, doesn't outlast it's welcome and is both pretty funny and close enough to in-character.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I want it to be longer. There were other AA crossovers around here somewhere.

If For Want of a Relic doesn't get updated soon I'm going to rage.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    +1 to Vestigial Mercies. Let "A Study in Velvet" be praised, for it hath introduced me to the really-goodness that is Zalgo's writing.
    It's funny because he went on forum hiatus more or less around the time you joined.

+1 to Anti-Bono.

Are there any fic that focus on Hercules or he is an important character? Or are there any fic the make Shinji into a nicer person