Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1234581353 ... LastLast

Thread: Melancholy of One (A Grail Works. LTD. Story)

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Like I said. You don't see every character in a story right away. Just because a character isn't mentioned in story arc doesn't mean they aren't there. Sometimes they are doing other stuff. It seems rather pointless to have that cameo mention to say, "Oh I wonder where Sakura is so we can justify that she's in the story." You don't really need to do that. (And you've basically gotten Word of Author to say Sakura is in the story so I don't really see the problem).

I think it is simply you looking too deep into things.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    I think the reason Pure decided not to include Sakura in this specific story is because overall she would not go through any adventures, or other important story related parts as they would have only sent one person and that person already went thus no longer are they capable of debating as it is mute point now.

Pure may truly include Sakura in another story where she won't be just a random background character. This story focuses mainly on Shiki as he fights through the moon cell Grail War in order to try and retrieve and safe Arcuied. When/if Pure writes another Grail Works fic he may end up including Sakura as a key char it just depends on the idea. Pure's arguments are solid and they are not just made so Sakura would not be there, but why only a few chars were there and to help lay the groundwork for the prologue.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Mike, seriously, chill out this time.

The premise here is to chose some characters from Grail works limited, and use them however you like. I could complain that there is no Ciel here (pureauthor how could you?!![/joking]), by example, and trust me, besides Kieran's series of fics, unlike Sakura, who just usually drags the short stick if I'm fair, she drags it every freaking time. And I mean that every. And with Arc and Shiki in the main story, she should had been there, following your reasoning.

This premise lets you play with the characters, and there is quite a few, so except for Illya, and maybe Shirou, not everyone would appear in every work. So the only fix to that is to write your own Grail Work adventure. Or wait for someone to include Sakura, of course.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Mike, seriously, chill out this time.
    I'm just a little peeved with the way Sakura is being handled here....

The premise here is to chose some characters from Grail works limited, and use them however you like.
    That doesn't excuse just acting as if Sakura doesn't exist....

I could complain that there is no Ciel here (pureauthor how could you?!![/joking]), by example, and trust me, besides Kieran's series of fics, unlike Sakura, who just usually drags the short stick if I'm fair, she drags it every freaking time. And I mean that every. And with Arc and Shiki in the main story, she should had been there, following your reasoning.
    Erm, what? I don't understand what you're saying here....

This premise lets you play with the characters, and there is quite a few, so except for Illya, and maybe Shirou, not everyone would appear in every work. So the only fix to that is to write your own Grail Work adventure. Or wait for someone to include Sakura, of course.
    I don't expect the fic to revolve around her, but it'd be nice if the author was willing to acknowledge that she exists....

What I wanted to say is that Ciel is even worse than Sakura in the fanfiction, and us her fans doesn't complain. Also, using her as an example, it would be nice if Ciel was acknowledged to exist, even more because she is the third, maybe the fourth best combatant character Grail Works has at that moment (the first and second being Saber and Rider, and the third, if it isn't Ciel, being Kurai, as Arc is in troubles right now and neither Shirou nor Shiki are as good as her).

What I want to say is that, in this kind of works, it's completely normal for some characters closely related to the main story (Grail Works Unlimited) to not appear at all, or even being acknowledged. After all, if they are around every day, you wont usually say "Now that I think about it, I wonder where *insert character here* is?" "Oh, he/she is *insert thing to do or place to be here*" unless is closely related to the actual work. It sound like a forced way to talk about said character, and it should be used with caution, if used at all.

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I don't know much about how Ciel is treated in fanfic, because I don't read Tsukihime fanfics (in general) for the obvious reason. All I know is that Sakura is definitely treated badly.

And, whilst I agree that they're not going to constantly wonder about where Sakura is, surely they would at least talk to her at some point, and tell her what was going on. Even if they don't see the need to get her involved in deciding who to send on the mission, surely they have to at least explain what the mission is. She deserves that much at least....

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Ergast is right, Mike: Ciel gets less attention than even Sakura.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, like I said, I can't really comment on that because I don't read Tsukihime fanfics....

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    I would like to point out you are going in circles here mike -.-
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, this argument isn't really going anywhere....

*groans* Okay, I give up. Mike, my point was that, in this kind of work, that's exactly what can be ignored without major consequences. They tell her in the dinner, just after the briefing and before Shiki pulled his move. It was just completely unrelated to the story, that was "Shiki wasn't chosen to go to the mission. He still goes. Shirou frowns". As I said, of course it would be nice for our favorite characters to appear, or at least be acknowledged, but it wasn't important, it was unnecesary and it would distract the reader from the main point, that was "Shiki goes to the mission instead of Shirou and against the orders"

Now, if lately pureauthor writes the recue team scene, with Shirou readying to sortie, it would be more than justified for Sakura to actually appear, by example.

Spoiler:

This is interesting.

I really shouldn't do this, but I am anyway.
    Mike, I usually don't mind your arguments. They tend to be mildly pertinent. They tend to be educational. They tend to be interesting. but on occasion, you miss the mark, badly.
    This is one of those times.
    You want Sakura involved. As yet, she isn't. And it doesn't look like she will be. This happens sometimes.
    A favorite series of mine, the Legend of Drizzit, has a large cast and many many trilogies. By the time I got involved I their were omnibuses for four of them. I bought them all. Read the first, awesome. Second, great. Third, drizzit never showed up.
    I can't describe how much this irritated me. I never did finish that book. It was pertinent, it expanded on other characters who were not Drizzit, it had an interesting story. But I couldn't stand it. Because I want to read about Drizzit.

You can rage all you want, but there are perfectly legitement reason for Sakura not to show up. If I were you, I just wouldn't read the fic. Because this simply isn't what you want to read.

I write this because your really pushing the line this time. Most of the people against you are not trolling. They have logical reasons. Your just not interested in them.

This is the last I will post on this. You can listen or not. But I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to warn you. Your pushing the tolerance of too many.

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

I'm sorry to say I've found I can't RP. I just can't trust myself to stick around long enough.

Blog Entries
    Holy shit, did this thread grow!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delcer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Ah, so the usual excuses to ignore Sakura on the grounds that she "doesn't fight", then, even though that assertion is in itself dubious...?

Yeah, I dunno why I bothered asking, because I could have pretty much predicted that answer from the very start.

Not everyone has your absolutely sickening infatuation to see Sakura in every single fic.
    So please fuck off and stop harassing the author about a character who has a role of minor importance.

You knew Sakura was going to have a minor role as a character, and yet you still went ahead and tried to harass the author about it. It seems to me you were trying purposefully to drag the author into an argument over something miniscule.
    Last edited by Delcer; November 7th, 2011 at 04:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsly View Post
    This is interesting.

I really shouldn't do this, but I am anyway.
    Mike, I usually don't mind your arguments. They tend to be mildly pertinent. They tend to be educational. They tend to be interesting. but on occasion, you miss the mark, badly.
    This is one of those times.
    You want Sakura involved. As yet, she isn't. And it doesn't look like she will be. This happens sometimes.
    A favorite series of mine, the Legend of Drizzit, has a large cast and many many trilogies. By the time I got involved I their were omnibuses for four of them. I bought them all. Read the first, awesome. Second, great. Third, drizzit never showed up.
    I can't describe how much this irritated me. I never did finish that book. It was pertinent, it expanded on other characters who were not Drizzit, it had an interesting story. But I couldn't stand it. Because I want to read about Drizzit.

You can rage all you want, but there are perfectly legitement reason for Sakura not to show up. If I were you, I just wouldn't read the fic. Because this simply isn't what you want to read.

I write this because your really pushing the line this time. Most of the people against you are not trolling. They have logical reasons. Your just not interested in them.

This is the last I will post on this. You can listen or not. But I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to warn you. Your pushing the tolerance of too many.
    I'm pretty sure he already realized the discussion was going nowhere, and moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Holy shit, did this thread grow!
    Certain events.. transpired.

Blog Entries
    Ah, so the thread growth was because of Mike?

*goes back to read debate*

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh god, I must find my popcorn now.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

sigh

Why is it every time I try to defuse something, it gets worse?
    Ryu, ...
    Your not helping.

Choose your Guild,
    Join the DARK SIDE!!!

I'm sorry to say I've found I can't RP. I just can't trust myself to stick around long enough.

Blog Entries
    Because you came in too late. Ryu might be justified if he had been here sooner.

Okay, maybe without the fuck off, that was a tad mean~

Blog Entries
    *munches popcorn*

Well, that was definitely a fun little read.

In all seriousness, though, I do look forward to the next chapter. This promises to be a fun story.