Page 269 of 302 FirstFirst ... 169219259264267268269270271274279 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Blog Entries
    I've been annoying my IRL friends, the Christemo Skype Chat, and I know I've already recc'd it here before, but The Tomb of the Sun God by broble is something you guys need to read.

NEED.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsor93 View Post
    For a Tower of Gold
    Various members of Achievement Hunter as Servants. Yes, the spelling and grammar need work. That's why I'm betaing, and helping, and promoting this fic for the author.

Here's an example of my improvements:
    Well, to be perfectly honest, I would think this was actually a nice fic. I'm not the type to take it against anyone if they wanted to write something just because they felt like it, and its not like the existence of this fic is entirely a stain on the fandom. I am however not going to recommend it just because its not really that interesting if you didn't know who the servants are. It's not bad, but not recommendable. I would say that the Shinji and Gavin scene was funny.
    Last edited by DreamsRequiem; June 1st, 2014 at 07:09 AM.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    +1 to A Stolen Heart
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeOfPower View Post
    I've been annoying my IRL friends, the Christemo Skype Chat, and I know I've already recc'd it here before, but The Tomb of the Sun God by broble is something you guys need to read.

NEED.
    It's not my group, Jack is our tyrannical ruler.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think that one has a summary yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I don't think that one has a summary yet.
    Skipping all the Steps, I assume?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yup.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    +1 Tomb of the Sun God.

This. Thisthisthis. Engaging characters, fast paced action, I really like I'm reading an Indiana Jones story in the Nasuverse and it is amazing. It's clever, it's witty, it's everything you could want in a story. I'm taken by surprise over and over with novel characters and plots and it is refreshing. Crappy authors give OCs a bad name. Thankfully, Bloble's more than make up for them.

We're talking Zalgo's Postnuptial Agreements levels of entertainment here. Not as quickly updating, but the updates are massive and oh so rewarding when they do come. Really something to sink your teeth into. Not to mention some delightful wordplay and metaphors.

It may well be the best ongoing story on BL at the moment. It's that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    +1 Tomb of the Sun God.

This. Thisthisthis. Engaging characters, fast paced action, I really like I'm reading an Indiana Jones story in the Nasuverse and it is amazing. It's clever, it's witty, it's everything you could want in a story. I'm taken by surprise over and over with novel characters and plots and it is refreshing. Crappy authors give OCs a bad name. Thankfully, Bloble's more than make up for them.

We're talking Zalgo's Postnuptial Agreements levels of entertainment here. Not as quickly updating, but the updates are massive and oh so rewarding when they do come. Really something to sink your teeth into. Not to mention some delightful wordplay and metaphors.

It may well be the best ongoing story on BL at the moment. It's that good.
    You're supposed to put a link in. I don't think it counts otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Blog Entries
    It's already recced, he was just reviewing it.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not, however, recced by me. So +1 to Tomb of the Sun God.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    It's already recced, he was just reviewing it.- - - Updated - - -It is not, however, recced by me. So +1 to Tomb of the Sun God.
    Oh, I'm an idiot, I got confused by the posts above it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Blog Entries
    +1 Tomb of the Sun God (I forgot to rec it earlier).
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
    +1 Tomb of the Sun God (I forgot to rec it earlier).
    O_o

Not to sound like some overbearing fanboy, but why a Neutral rec? What's the deal breaker for you?
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Look at the number, not the color.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I feel like yellow should be the neutral vote color. Because red-yellow-green are more spectrumy than red-dark green-blue

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    but then I'd have to put color codes on the every single +1 and fuck that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Look at the number, not the color.
    Yeah? Was pretty sure that meant, "Add my vote to the neutral column."

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    but then I'd have to put color codes on the every single +1 and fuck that
    Ah no, I meant as in the obligatory color we usually add to our +1/+0/-1 things when we write recs. Main page is fine as it is.

+1 Tomb of the Sun God