Page 251 of 302 FirstFirst ... 151201241246249250251252253256261301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    You hurt my feelings IRUN. Come play Cards with us again ;_;
    I'll probably be a more regular player when exams are over.

Anyway, so this post isn't contentless, here. +1 to both Tsukihime: Realistic and A Clock Tower Affair.

A Clock Tower Affair is...well, imagine Douglas Adams. Now imagine that you've slipped a powerful narcotic into Douglas Adams' tea. While he's on his trip he reads through any and all Nasuverse material he can get his grubby hands on, which he then proceeds to write a tawdry harlequin romance novel of not-quite erotica based on all that he's consumed. And he is still on drugs while he does so.

It's kind of like that.

Tsukihime: Realistic is a tour de force. Plain and simple.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll +1 A Clock Tower Affair. The misadventures of Rin as she plays the gullible straight man to the entire Mages Association is probably my favourite comedy fic, since Riven's Seriously Heroic Quest fro the Holy Grail went dead.

Speaking of which: I'll recommend Riven's Seriously Heroic Quest for the Holy Grail.

The summery as writen by the Author: "So, what if Type Moon was a JRPG, one that stuck to the rules and tropes of those kinds of games, although in its own unique fashion. What if the plot of it all was plainly evident to one person, while everyone else tried to fight the forces of darkness?"

A RPG parody Starring Shirou an his erstwhile sidekick Shiki Ryougi, as they try to avenge the "destruction" of their village, against the "evil" empire of Sakura and Rider. Where the entire cast is as competent a JRPG character as they are combatants in a magical deathmatch.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    +1 to the Seriously Heroic Quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

祖 Ancestor
    +1 to Faker of the Rings by Arashi Lionheart

+1 to From Azure and Sharkura.

Blog Entries
    +1 to From azure to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

The Warrior of the Shadows kinlyki's Avatar
    I don't know where I'm supposed to put this question, but bear with me.

Now, I've seen fanfics of Fate/Extra. What I want to know is, has anyone written any for CCC?
    With each day, one draws closer to death,

With each day, one expends more of one's life,

With each day, one obtains more memories,

With each day, one gets closer to losing them all.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There's a Gil/MC fic, in the short stories section. That might be it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

And where is this aforementioned section?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    op

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

And now I feel like a complete retard. Thanks for pointing it out.

Blog Entries
    -1 to Path of the King.
    It develops way to slowly, and I don't like shirou saying things like "What in the name of Akasha/Root?"

SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    -1 to Path of the King.
    It develops way too slowly, and I don't like shirou saying things like "What in the name of Akasha/Root?"
    *Usual disclaimer of would you truly recommend people not read this?*
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    *Usual disclaimer of would you truly recommend people not read this?*
    At chapter 3, I thought it was going to be a +0, but it became a real slog to read. I would recomend to stay away.
    Edit: also, +1 to the three T's of victory. Funny fic.
    Last edited by SINIB; April 28th, 2014 at 05:21 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is not a review.

The beginning parts of Path were pretty entertaining for me (though that might be nostalgia talking, seeing as how it was one of my first fics), but the author's intent with the story is pretty questionable. Like, some of the stuff he's planning on doing later is it truly, mind-numbingly shit. But it hasn't reached that part yet, so I guess you can't really judge that yet.

+0 to Neoalfa's Path of the King.

I actually really liked where it was going during the kidnapping arc and the process for him to take his servant.

But the Tsukihime crossover just sapped all my excitement away.

I like the arc before this enough to not give it a negative rec, but I really am not feeling the current arc enough to give it a positive rec.

Blog Entries
    I liked Path of the King when it was "Batman and Catwoman but with Shirou and Medea".
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, having Medea was actually quite refreshing. Pity it's pretty much the only one with her out there

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    I liked Path of the King when it was "Batman and Catwoman but with Shirou and Medea".
    This is essentially what I meant. If Shirou had stayed in Fuyuki, I probably would have found it more interesting. The problem is that he's kind of building a harem now, and I don't see what Sacchin's gonna contribute to the story in general except to slow it down.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    You guys should check out Fate/EMIYA by Augustine. It follows Shirou after the War as he pursues his quest to be a Hero of Justice, and runs through the 5th Grail War too. Only this time the heroine is Ayako.

The way he writes things from Shirou's POV makes it feel like I'm reading the VN. It feels like Shirou. +1 to Fate/EMIYA
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.