Page 153 of 302 FirstFirst ... 53103143148151152153154155158163203253 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    What the fuck do assembly lines and cars have to do with Recommended T-M fanfics?
    We are at BL, derails happen everyday.

Though it might be wise to get back on topic before Kyte come's and yells at us.

It has to do with the "are limited-edition things more special" thing that comes up in the Nasuverse.

Mattias and Knick are arguing "yes, they are" and I'm arueing "no, they aren't". The cars and assembly lines are proxies; they're an analogy.

Blog Entries
    I know what Mattias and Knick are arguing about; I'm saying that that discussion has no place in this thread.

Derails are OK, but not in GD and in this thread. Those are sacred.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know what Mattias and Knick are arguing about; I'm saying that that discussion has no place in this thread.
    Well I made that analogy over 12 hours ago and he started it up again.

The arguemnt was already over, then he started bitching cause I used a poor analogy.

Blame him if anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm arguing something? I was just saying that Bugatti's are hand made still. I just saw it on the discovery channel last week.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    So... I saw a couple of FT fics that were crossovered with FSN that called my attention, i will give them a read tho one of them was an interesting what if due to some reason Shirou was summoned as a servant to Lucy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Idaho View Post
    So... I saw a couple of FT fics that were crossovered with FSN that called my attention, i will give them a read tho one of them was an interesting what if due to some reason Shirou was summoned as a servant to Lucy.
    If your are talking about the fic I think you are, it reminded me of "Hill of Swords", and not in a good way.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    If your are talking about the fic I think you are, it reminded me of "Hill of Swords", and not in a good way.
    Fate's Tail is the one i was talking about.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    What the fuck do assembly lines and cars have to do with Recommended T-M fanfics?
    You are hereby forbidden to complain about derails on my thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Derails are OK, but not in GD and in this thread. Those are sacred.
    I structured this thread to specifically account for derails.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think someone recced Infinite Swords, so...

+0 to that. (Neutral rec?)

It's not stellar, but it does avoid some of the worse characteristics of other fics. Also, I read this a while ago, so my memory might be fuzzy.

First off, the bad stuff. It starts out rough, seeing as how the beginning is literally Shirou replacing Ichika, with the character relationships the same as his: he's a childhood friend of Houki, Chifuyu is an acquaintance of Taiga and thus is "Chifuyu-nee", but Lingyin isn't a childhood friend. Plus, for a short while, one of the main divergences from canon would be Shirou actually beating the girls in IS stuff, so that might come off as a bit irritating to some. (I didn't find those parts that bad, seeing as how Shirou does actually have a bit of combat experience. Plus, he does nearly die against some opponents, though that's one of the later chapters and are probably spoilers). Plus, there's harem antics here and there which might be irritating, though Shirou is still in love with Saber.

Now, the interesting. I mentioned Saber earlier, so yes, this is Fate route Shirou. I liked this, seeing as how Shriou's ideals are still intact, and he is still quite Shirouey. Simply put, he doesn't act like GB-rou, and isn't presented as TOTAL BADASS YEAAAHHhh. Also, despite him completely replacing Ichika, it's not justIS with Shirou. Rin, Sakura, and Illya still play roles in this fic, and aren't just sort of shoved aside. Because this is Fate, Illya's imminent death plays a larger role in the story, and finding a way to avert it is one of his goals.

TL;DR: Starts off as canon railroad, contains harem antics, not exactly the pinnacle of literature, but has interesting aspects.
    Last edited by Kirby; October 18th, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post

Fate's Tail is the one i was talking about.

And I think the story Ergast was thinking about was "Hero's Tail" by 4eros. I would recommend it myself but I pause on the idea that yes, Shirou was different and almostly psuedo-Archer, and that it hasn't been updated for a year now (most recently he's writing another FSN crossover as it turns out and all I know is it crossses with Magi.)
    Last edited by Kishou the Badger; October 18th, 2013 at 10:12 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I find the idea of a living Shirou acting like "Pseudo-Archer" irritating, because it took an eternity of betraying his ideals just to turn him into an asshole.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I find the idea of a living Shirou acting like "Pseudo-Archer" irritating, because it took an eternity of betraying his ideals just to turn him into an asshole.
    I agree with this.

US Friend Code
    Archer is my favorite character and even I agree with this.

Thirded.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8273932/...-in-a-New-Land

Summary: A land where Magic is not secluded, a land where Dragons and mystical creatures still exist. In another world lies a lone hero who strive for the happiness of everyone. Fate seems to work on the strangest of ways... then again, a hero's duty is never done, right?

Post UBW Good not True ending, Shirou dies after disproving that you cannot save everybody at his death the Throne accepts him as a hero and is summoned by Zeref to Earthland Zeref wish is to be killed be either Shirou who is an Heroic spirit and in Zeref mind an HS has a good chance of doing that or help Natsu to do it.

In my opinion is a decent crossover, Shirou is not over powered nor under powered, only S-Class mages can match him and obviously the 10 wizard saints, this is Shirou not EMIYA despite they share some points of coincidence Shirou loathes "kill 1 to save 10" and still tries to go for the whole Hero of Justice thing.

...Shirou is not over powered...

...only S-Class mages can match him and obviously the 10 wizard saints...
    One of these things is not like the other.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    One of these things is not like the other.
    Remember this Shirou is a Heroic Spirit it's obvious that your low tier Mage cannot go toe to toe with him, not to mention he has decades of experience so Lucy, Natsu, Gray , Erza and others are not quite on his level yet, so people like the masters of each guild, or the S class wizards are more than able to be a match for him.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Psssst!

*<* Proper Heroic Spirits in the modern age is a thing that simply doesn't happen, as things are in Nasuverse.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So what is it crossing over with?