Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch - Blizzard FPS?!

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whatever, any comparisons that aren't TF2 are missing the point.

they are still mad about dota
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Once the Oculus was bought by facebook, it all became futile.
    Yes, it's so tragic they got funding out the ass without any impedement on development.

マリーの味方
    I'm a Blizzard fan, so I'll likely check it out. Some of the characters seem interesting to play.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    ive had and been at lan parties but they still dont beat 4 player firefight with everyone being in punching distance
    I think the closest I thing that I experienced to that would be Turok Rage Wars, hey I actually played a [multiplayer] FPS on a console after all, except "we", all two of us, unless my other friend was there who also had a N64 with two controllers, usually played in teams and the N64 controls were pretty weird for that game and takes a while to get used to (Couldn't really pick it up quickly when I randomly started it up a year ago or so for laughs.).

Whatever, any comparisons that aren't TF2 are missing the point.

they are still mad about dota
    So you're saying that this is them getting back at Valve for getting Dota? Got it. Also never looked at it from that angle, even though it should be obvious but with my limited exposure to Team Fortress I didn't think of it as I could care less about it.

Explains why I got TF2 vibes from it.
    Last edited by Malgos; November 7th, 2014 at 06:26 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Yes, it's so tragic they got funding out the ass without any impedement on development.
    It's so tragic it's all going to be easily adaptable for shit made by scumbags like Zynga.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    I'm a huge Blizzard fanboy, that's why I have a problem with this.

It looks like it could be made by literally any studio. I got the announcement site linked and didn't even understand what the fuss was about until I noticed the Blizzard url, lol.

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    I'm a huge Blizzard fanboy, that's why I have a problem with this.

It looks like it could be made by literally any studio.
    I feel you, it didn't exactly strike me as a Blizzard title either. Looked a lot like a copy of Team Fortress or a sequel to that or something. And so far the little game play they've shown didn't exactly impress me and I am currently doubting that I will enjoy this but as you said earlier Blizzard tends to change a lot during their development. Maybe it'll look more appealing to me later in development or when people show off beta videos.

Ironically their answer to DotA, going by videos, also seems rather lackluster to me, although I won't know until I try it. Playing as Illidan [again] is somewhat appealing to me.

Also while I don't have high hopes at this point, I guess we still won't get Warcraft 4 anytime soon. Starcraft is nice and all and I like it, but I always preferred Warcraft even if Starcraft trumps it' competitiveness and what not. Well maybe it'll happen after Legacy of the Void is out.
    Last edited by Malgos; November 7th, 2014 at 06:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    The cancer named WoW is what killed the possibility of Warcraft 4.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Are you, like, me?

Blog Entries
    youre both capable of understanding that the wow playerbase exceeds the warcraft RTS fanbase so probably

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gameplay looks interesting enough for me to give it a try.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    World of Warcraft isn't all that bad, while I can't stand the current talent system and what not and got bored of it during Wrath of the Lich King, I had fun with Vanilla WoW.

If it's, because they killed off many notable heroes and villains I can understand that, but they could just ignore WoW, which seems to me to be the only way Warcraft 4 is going to happen before they let WoW die, or just move on from wherever WoW leaves off, but there's the "issue" of that taking another 10 years apparently.

Another problem is that Warcraft 4 has to wait until Starcraft 2 has run it's course to not interfere with the sales of that in any way. Can't believe it's already been so long, since the last Warcraft strategy game. Guess our trailer will be the similar to the one Starcraft 2 had at this point.

To me it seems like this game came from the ashes of Titan. There seem to be some similarities to me with the description of Titan's game play and looks.

youre both capable of understanding that the wow playerbase exceeds the warcraft RTS fanbase so probably
    I realize that Warcraft 4 has low chances, but I don't quite count it out as Blizzard can develop it while still supporting WoW but I'm not pinning my hopes on it. Well I guess I sort of am, but I lost hope to see Warcraft 4 any time soon a few years ago.
    Last edited by Malgos; November 7th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well yes, the ideal thing for most fans of it would be that WC4 ignored WoW completely, mostly because WoW made sure to solve everything in the most unsatisfying way possible. That said I doubt very much that is going to happen.

Which is a shame because Warcraft lore was pretty cool.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Next update for WoW will completely demolish all current game systems and turn it into a pure (MMO)RTS where every single player controls a single unit.

JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormungandr View Post
    Which is a shame because Warcraft lore was pretty cool.
    Agreed. I really liked the Warcraft lore, but ever since World of Warcraft that took quite the nosedive. I can understand it, but I don't like it. Actually I can't understand it to some extend as well. Like the lore about the Draenei just getting changed, because seemingly Blizzard doesn't want "ugly" races in the Alliance, I never played a Draenei but I would've played a broken one. Otherwise I can sort of understand most of the decisions that I followed back then as game play for those sort of games is way more important, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Next update for WoW will completely demolish all current game systems and turn it into a pure (MMO)RTS where every single player controls a single unit.
    So am I controlling a worker or a hero? Either seems interesting enough, although the second one would be "World of Dota" to me... Or "World of AoS" I suppose. At least the thought of a RTS MMO made me laugh, so thanks for that.
    Last edited by Malgos; November 7th, 2014 at 07:21 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fuck this, I want WoD gameplay to not suck. Arms being a literal 3 button spec above 20% is pathetic. Fury not giving a shit about rage more than once a minute (Bloodbath) makes the spec feel like a Combat Rogue without a finisher, in addition to it being extremely counter-intuitive that if you have a high item level disparity on your weapons that you are better off using your strongest weapon in your off hand because lol Wild Strike. At least Protection/Gladiator will be similar to MoP, plus I have my Druid I can fall back on.
    Last edited by Trubo; November 7th, 2014 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    UT99 for life
    Oldschool FPS's represent! (Though I've played UT2004 the most out of the Unreals)

Though personally, I haven't found anything for me that beats the original TF (QuakeWorld version, not TFC which changed too many things for my liking), which I played quite hardcore for many years (actually longer than my WoW career, which lasted from release day until the beginning of Cataclysm... WoW was what actually got me out of TF :P).

The problem is, those FPS's and their learning curve aren't favoured in today's market. The more advanced tricks that could be learned (eg. concussion grenade jumps, map-specific ramp jumps, silent falling, bunnyhopping...) are such an advantage, and since they take a significant amount of time to learn and practice to maintain (there were a number of custom-made jump maps JUST for learning and practicing), the gap between beginner and veteran players was huge. While I appreciated the depth that it added to the gameplay, it's totally unforgiving to a new player. (Oh, and console controller? You'd never be able to do most of those tricks without a mouse)

I might check this one out, but I'm not particularly hopeful about FPS's today. Perhaps it's all for the best though since I don't have the time to spend practicing for hours anymore these days.

(P.S. Druid forever. Meow.)
    Last edited by TrienDarkform; November 7th, 2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Meow
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

Blog Entries
    This really looks like a Pixar movie. Holy crap. Haha, that guard was playing Hearthstone.

Love the art, that sniper looked like infested Kerrigan, except without the ugly puke green skill. I think this is a good direction for Blizzard to be going, speaking as a shareholder, because it means Blizzard is going for the mainstream audiences rather than the stupid elitist piece of shit niche markets that aren't worth shit and are too toxic anyway. The art is Pixar style, and everyone loves Pixar. The maps and characters are better than TF2, and lots of people play TF2.

Probably gonna go the LoL business model on this one, but I'm sure people are fine with that by now.

Blog Entries
    i miss a time where quality games without microtransactions or other bullshit made shareholders happy

then again that was probably a time where most game companies werent even traded so maybe it doesnt even exist

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    this is why i bailed out of pc games after wc3
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.