Page 280 of 302 FirstFirst ... 180230270275278279280281282285290 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,600 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Hadn't she deleted Thu'um?
    Also holy shit it has a completed fic with 41 chapters and a sequel what the fuck

This is fucking with my mind it looks like fishie yet not.
    E: oh they're p short. Still it's pinging my weirdar something fierce this is like twilight zone or something.
    It's Fishie. Not sure if it's possible, but there might've had a name change besides that it's totally Fishie. I know, because I (used to) read Fishie's Fate/Stay Night stuff on fanfiction.net.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    I hope so, but I gotta say, the fight on Ryuudou was probably the low point of the fic for me. I tend to dislike it when the whole point of the chapter is to stack more and more tension without looking like the fight is going anywhere.
    Yeah, the story itself is still good, but by the most recent chapter it had been going "shit just got worse" for so long that it felt like the heroes only survived due to author fiat.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Incidentally I managed to get all the achievements in Bastion. Check this out: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chilean...b=achievements
    (Zia with 10 idols was literally accidental, I was testing out a new weapon combo and forgot to turn off the idols. I think it was Musket + Cannon?)
    Oh damn. I love Bastion (clocked 27 hours in it). But the gameplay did not grip me as much as its story. And that choice in the last level...man...that hit me right in the feels.

Would you say there is any real reason to finish NG+ story-wise?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Not really, I just wanted my achievements. I hear it's better with controller though, but fuck those guys.

The funny thing is that I hadn't played in like two years and then I go back to finish off the achievements and bam I get Zia's Dream without even trying.

The Stranger's Dream, on the other hand, took many many tries.
    Last edited by Kyte; July 24th, 2014 at 01:25 AM.

Fate Revelation Online, the SAO crossover, updated over on TFF.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This chapter felt a bit fillery. Ah well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fate Reach Out updated.

- - - Updated - - -

Here

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Even though the rest of the forum has abandoned the task of recommending fics, I will do it.

+1 to The Hearts of the Suffering and Tomb of the Sun God.

The Hearts of the Suffering is an entertaining mix of showing the battle to dismantle the Grail, while simultaneously having a Grail War occuring. It even has a Lord El-Melloi Waver that I don't hate, which is a first.
    It does laugh at canon quite a bit what with Fate/Extra characters showing up, but since it's done more as a nod to F/E rather than the characters themselves being those from F/E, it's good. Plus they're actually interesting.

Tomb of the Sun God is just really good, and is actually a different twist from usual Nasuverse fic. OCs that are actually actually well thought-out, good descriptions and an actually interesting storyline that begins with tomb raiding. The fandom needs more stories like it.
    Last edited by Siriel; July 31st, 2014 at 01:05 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, just remembered.

I'll also +1 Fight/Knight.

It's a silly AU idea. Really silly, the kind of idea that gets thrown around, makes people laugh and is promptly forgotten.

But Tobias put actually thought into it and it works. I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting it to, but here it is.

There's an actual storyline beyond "AND THEN THEY BOXED!", the characters are recognizable despite being in a completely different situation, Tobias has actually gone through some effort to make the Servants' fighting style translate into boxing matches (Well, I know nothing about boxing so maybe it's completely unrealistic, I dunno, but it reads well)...

Simply put; if someone were to grab a crack idea and try to write it, this is how it should be.
    Last edited by Siriel; July 31st, 2014 at 01:06 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, definitely +1 to Fight/Knight.

If you can write a fic all about the technical intricacies of boxing, a sport which I know nothing of and care even less about, and make me want more of it the moment I finish reading, then you've done something very special.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And so Fight/Knight begins to climb the ranks.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    And so Fight/Knight begins to climb the ranks.
    I guess we can call it...

a sleeper hit.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

At least my impersonation skills are being acknowledged.
    Spoiler:
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

To be fair, that's the only reason I hadn't go all "Not on my watch, son" on you.

It was oddly appropiate, this time.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

I don't always make bad jokes, but when I do, I do it for Tobias.
    Spoiler:
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that

Kotomine Kirei

Blog Entries
    I am rather flattered. I'll make a pun master of you yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I'm not sure whether to be flattered or not.
    Spoiler:
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that

Kotomine Kirei

Um...
    What does a rused fanfic mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    Frank you Franco and the Franking pun of bull you rode in on.

One true OTP...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If I'm guessing correctly and you're talking about LGS, it means that it's not done yet. So it looked like it ended, but it didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticFellow View Post
    I'm not sure whether to be flattered or not.
    It's too late. You can't turn back now.