Page 58 of 158 FirstFirst ... 8485356575859606368108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3142

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

Blog Entries
    I'd like to make a +0 to 'Path of a King'. It started off okay, first with Shirou as a vigilante then contracting with Medea. After that though the author started piling more and more sideplots onto the story to the point the whole thing is being bloated, with no resolution for any of them in sight. Might even change this to a negative rec later, depending on how things turn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

path of king started off interesting with Batman!Shirou and likely Medea pairing, then it just fucking spiraled downhill into this bullshit harem building sidequest and overpowering Shirou with all the extra unnecessary ability and access to phantasm to justify a Holy Grail War that probably won't even happen before the story gets oversaturated with stupid and dies out completely.

The fact that the author mentions doing crossover with Sekirei and shit planned somewhere along the line is pretty much a red flag.
    Last edited by arsdraconis; February 27th, 2015 at 12:07 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Stuff happened.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    There was all kinds of kung-fu fighting. Some cats were fast as lightning. It was just a little bit frightning because they all had expert timing

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Well it's now a really creepy horror fic with sleuthing involved.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Actually I think it updated a few days ago, anyone cares to say what happened?
    I can't quite tell you what happened, but I can tell you what did not.

Anything relevant to the plot.

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
    I'd like to make a +0 to 'Path of a King'. It started off okay, first with Shirou as a vigilante then contracting with Medea. After that though the author started piling more and more sideplots onto the story to the point the whole thing is being bloated, with no resolution for any of them in sight. Might even change this to a negative rec later, depending on how things turn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsdraconis View Post
    path of king started off interesting with Batman!Shirou and likely Medea pairing, then it just fucking spiraled downhill into this bullshit harem building sidequest and overpowering Shirou with all the extra unnecessary ability and access to phantasm to justify a Holy Grail War that probably won't even happen before the story gets oversaturated with stupid and dies out completely.

The fact that the author mentions doing crossover with Sekirei and shit planned somewhere along the line is pretty much a red flag.
    The fic had a lot of potential, Batman Shirou who was really acting out as a hero, A+ Rank in rareness=Medea Route, Rin actually summoning Saber, and lastly Shirou not doing Nerve Circuits a process that really does not do anything beneficial. I do give my respect for the fanfic for being written by a creative Author, but I would like a shorten version of Path of the King(Without the unnecessary subplots).
    Last edited by Fan_Fic_Reader; March 1st, 2015 at 01:35 AM.
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_Fic_Reader View Post
    but I would like a shorten version of Path of the King(Without the necessary subplots).
    Truly?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_Fic_Reader View Post
    and lastly Shirou not doing Nerve Circuits a process that really does not do anything beneficial.
    I feel you're rather missing the function this plays in the original work.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I feel you're rather missing the function this plays in the original work.
    Yeah but its LLLLLLAME. I get very little self-satisfaction self-inserting into a dude who isn't like super cool.

Blog Entries
    plus inserting a burning rod into your spine sounds totally gay dude, like super for real that red headed kid should be saying no homo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    It was kind of actually pointless, because fixing that alone wouldn't have made Shirou competent by the time the War started.

Unless you mean for how it showcases his suicidal abnegation of course.
    He's like forging a magic circuit. That's some blacksmith stuff.

dunno if i'm being trolled for even responding to this seriously, but the whole makeshift circuit that Shirou does shows his commitment for delving the moonlit world, maybe even his madness or his so called d-word that's been too overused in too many shitty fanfiction that I'd rather not use it anymore. It shows his determination in spite of the futility of his attempt at being a magus, and losing that just make him just a normal magus. You can't bullshit him being abnormal if every fucking thing he does is par for the norm, and frankly it's his abnormality that makes him a unique character in the series.

For better or for worse, it's his lack of talent in magecraft that makes him the character that he was, taking that away to give him some overpowered savant skill on things that he doesn't have just makes him the standard template for every other self-insert fantasy fanfic protag every shitty authors makes him up to be. Most of the fights he had in the game is only half as interesting as it was because of just how badly outmatched, and just how desperate the situation was, something that those power fantasy retards can never understand. It was to the point where pulling off something as bullshit as UBW appear as a natural progression of the story, rather than some bullshit chuunibyou "this is not even my final form" power level crap.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    But he's creating something new every time and that's not allowed to him!
    He's creating an imitation of the real thing.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    But it's not similar at all
    It's an offbrand magic circuit made from the cheapest materials that has a short shelf life, but its still a magic circuit. Its just he gets a made in china tramp stamp.

​No.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsRequiem View Post
    Well it's now a really creepy horror fic with sleuthing involved.
    Wait what.
    Seriously?

...where did it all go wrong? When did it go from Batman-Shirou and, essentially Oracle-Medea into that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Wait what.
    Seriously?

...where did it all go wrong? When did it go from Batman-Shirou and, essentially Oracle-Medea into that?
    Drawing conclusions from vague sentences is a hobby of mine as well.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    If horror can be considered creepy then that actually sounds like a good thing? I mean, horror being horror, and such.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

If there's one thing I like to give credit to Path of the King: it's use of cameo characters gave me the idea to write Fate/Reach Out and really mix both worlds and their central themes together.

Quote Originally Posted by arsdraconis View Post
    dunno if i'm being trolled for even responding to this seriously, but the whole makeshift circuit that Shirou does shows his commitment for delving the moonlit world, maybe even his madness or his so called d-word that's been too overused in too many shitty fanfiction that I'd rather not use it anymore. It shows his determination in spite of the futility of his attempt at being a magus, and losing that just make him just a normal magus. You can't bullshit him being abnormal if every fucking thing he does is par for the norm, and frankly it's his abnormality that makes him a unique character in the series.

For better or for worse, it's his lack of talent in magecraft that makes him the character that he was, taking that away to give him some overpowered savant skill on things that he doesn't have just makes him the standard template for every other self-insert fantasy fanfic protag every shitty authors makes him up to be. Most of the fights he had in the game is only half as interesting as it was because of just how badly outmatched, and just how desperate the situation was, something that those power fantasy retards can never understand. It was to the point where pulling off something as bullshit as UBW appear as a natural progression of the story, rather than some bullshit chuunibyou "this is not even my final form" power level crap.
    Wow. That's... very deep and insightful ars. Really. It certainly got me thinking and agreeing with your points.

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    I agree, Shirou is interesting because he is continually the underdog. Even when he shows talent everyone around him has more. Even Archer, as badass as he was, only got that way by being outgunned in almost every situation he is in. Plus I like the idea of a protagonist learning a clear lesson by the end. A moral if you will.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.