Page 122 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2272112117120121122123124127132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3142

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, it's doing no good to post it on the rec thread when it can't even count or anything. If you have feedback, post it on his thread and give it to him
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'll give a +1 to Absurdly Long Title.

It's wordy, and not in a Dullahan sort of way. Rather than convoluted references and internal monologues we get detailed actions and descriptions with brief glimpses into Waver's thoughts. Still, it has charm and there's some damn good prose here, better than I can churn out. It starts a bit fuzzy and confusing, but the writing hits its stride quickly and gets better with each sentence. The pompom bit in particular really stuck to me. Ends rather abruptly, but it's better than dragging things on for too long.

Overall, a good read.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11652696/1/The-Time-Is-Now
    The Time is Now
    The Time is Now is one of the deepest literary works I have ever read. Matou is a genius, between the god like characterization, the impeccable prose, and exploration of themes on every level of the story he has created a perfect fic. His pacing makes the story never seem to dull or slow at the wrong time keeping the plot moving at a fast pace while never becoming incoherent or too complex to follow. He brings the reader into a deep and vivid world of magic hidden behind the mundane with complex characters that will make the reader wish for more story to read at the end of every chapter.
    This fic is a truly perfect ten out of ten in every way.
    Actual review
    This is a oneshot parody of the bad Servant X is replaced by Y stories that cropped up all over the place on FF.net. Because I had... poor taste a few years back, I read a good deal of those. They were mostly awful and it's fun to see a parody of them. While it doesn't stand as a joke on it's own when seen in the proper context it is pretty funny. Also the idea of John Cena as an unstoppable warrior incapable of actually feeling emotions is pretty in character for the WWE. This fic is fun and Shrapnel did a good job capturing the essence of a laughable badfic.

Illya summons the strongest fighter of all time. "Do you have enough hustle in stock, King of Heroes?"
    Last edited by Peanut-007; December 5th, 2015 at 11:43 PM.

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut-007 View Post
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11652696/1/The-Time-Is-Now
    The Time is Now
    The Time is Now is one of the most deep literary works I have ever read. Matou is a genius, between the god like characterization, the impeccable prose, and exploration of themes on every level of the story he has created a perfect fic. His pacing makes the story never seem to dull or slow at the wrong time keeping the plot moving at a fast pace while never becoming incoherent or to complex to follow. He brings the reader into a deep and vivid world of magic hidden behind the mundane with complex characters that will make the reader wish for more story to read at the end of every chapter.
    This fic is a truly perfect ten out of ten in every way.
    Actual review
    This is a oneshot parody of the bad Servant X is replaced by Y stories that cropped up all over the place on FF.net. Because I had... poor taste a few years back, I read a good deal of those. They were mostly awful and it's fun to see a parody of them. While it doesn't stand as a joke on it's own when seen in the proper context it is pretty funny. Also the idea of John Cena as an unstoppable warrior incapable of actually feeling emotions is pretty in character for the WWE. This fic is fun and Shrapnel did a good job capturing the essence of a laughable badfic.

Illya summons the strongest fighter of all time. "Do you have enough hustle in stock, King of Heroes?"
    You have the wrong 'too' in there somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness I also +1 to The Story of How Waver Velvet Came to Compile Lord Kayneth's Encyclopedia of Arcane Secrets aka My Waver One-shot Title Can't Be This Long!

JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    The Story of How Waver Velvet Came to Compile Lord Kayneth's Encyclopedia of Arcane Secrets deserves a +1. It's a great story.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Bloble's Hero Light.

A nice action piece of Cu fighting Iskander's army, one who wants to recruit their opponent and the other who just wants to have a really good fight. Cu fighing an entire army is always where he shines best, even if he ends up dead at the end. Might have additional chapters in the future, but works well as a oneshot as well.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Plus one to Hero Light

JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    +1 to Hero's Light

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Hero Light and The Story of How Waver Velvet Came to Compile Lord Kayneth's Encyclopedia of Arcane Secrets.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    +1 to Hero Light and The Story of How Waver Velvet Came to Compile Lord Kayneth's Encyclopedia of Arcane Secrets.
    Same.

Blog Entries
    +1 to Hero Light- Cu finally gets that battle he's always wanted.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wanna retract my rec for Shinji Matou and the Philosopher's Stone. Do I have to give reasons for retracting, or..?

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I wanna retract my rec for Shinji Matou and the Philosopher's Stone. Do I have to give reasons for retracting, or..?
    If none is provided, we'll just assume the default "I only now realized it's going to be shit".

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I haven't actually been following it lately, I was just reminded that I once recced the thing and now no longer wish to do so

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Removing +1s is free. Giving -1s costs one (1) explanation.

That is, if I could be arsed to update the index hue.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Removing +1s is free. Giving -1s costs one (1) explanation.

That is, if I could be arsed to update the index hue.
    I still believe.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh hey, Chaos Theory updated. If anyone here's still reading

Blog Entries
    Nah we started hating him when he left
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As always, I blame rwby

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 柯比 View Post
    As always, I blame rwby
    That's a good policy.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless