Page 9863 of 10289 FirstFirst ... 886393639763981398539858986198629863986498659868987399139963 ... LastLast
Results 197,241 to 197,260 of 205775

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Mahou Shoujo Fushigi Tantei Obvious Sunara's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What, you're a goat? And here I thought you were Zurvan. XP

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm going to disappear again.... stuff to do, sleep to be hadden, things to learn, media to consume like a good little flame.... I mean human. XP

Trying to learn the pixiv art app, learn Japanese, figure out how to create my comic, etc etc & juggle chores when I'm not working 40 hours a week.
    Last edited by Sunara; July 12th, 2018 at 05:46 AM.

#OwO#

Me at Vatican City yesterday.

Last edited by Strife ❤️; July 12th, 2018 at 06:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    No I meant get laid
    Don't exactly need any help there buddy

Look at you, oh how quickly they grow up

Blog Entries
    been a while actually

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Hello, I’ll be filling in for Dullahan tonight. Ahem. They do not have characterization because they are in the acclaimed video game Fate Grand Order.
    Not enough-

Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    Not enough vitriol
    Damn you, Canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I thought we had plenty of jokes itt
    No, no, Zurvan, we call those "posts" in civilised company, not "jokes".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujaya View Post
    I'm probably the closest thing to a republican you're going to see on this website.
    I regret to inform you there are multiple Republicans on this site actually

Quote Originally Posted by Sunara View Post
    Dude, you need to take a chill pill, not insult every single artist & know what you're talking about. At this point, you're just trolling.
    I know many artists (irl) and they work very hard at it. The images you see take many years of training & drawing/practicing every single day. You can't do that if you "don't care about art." There is a lot that goes into producing a single piece; let alone an entire comic, etc. Both the art & writing fields require a lot of revision and learning.

- - - Updated - - -

That is always good too... XP
    But I was trying to lighten the mood by making a joke.
    That's where I think you're wrong. Art is mediocre, and I'm not talking about tumblrinas who draw pictures of the people from frozen with big red noses. We're not talking about animators and patreon artists. That is not what I mean by art. None of that goes up in a museum.

i will gladly insult anyone who does shit like this.

Or this
    Spoiler:

This is not art. It's obscene. Even writers and artists who come out of Harvard are god awful. Walk into any contemporary art museum and this shit is everywhere. It's sickening.
    Last edited by Mujaya; July 12th, 2018 at 11:53 AM.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Harvard is an art school?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Harvard is an art school?
    Harvard has an art school and many people who come out of Harvard with English degrees go on to be novelists. They suck at it fyi.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Mujaya View Post
    That's where I think you're wrong. Art is mediocre, and I'm not talking about tumblrinas who draw pictures of the people from frozen with big red noses. We're not talking about animators and patreon artists. That is not what I mean by art. None of that goes up in a museum.

i will gladly insult anyone who does shit like this.

Or this
    Spoiler:

This is not art. It's obscene. Even writers and artists who come out of Harvard are god awful. Walk into any contemporary art museum and this shit is everywhere. It's sickening.
    Obviously I don't know you and all but no offense you sound like someone who's not very well versed in art and art history.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Obviously I don't know you and all but no offense you sound like someone who's not very well versed in art and art history.
    I am very well versed in art. Like i've said before, I come from a family of artists, so my aesthetic sense is far from unrefined. I know about minimalism and neo-expressionism, and impressionism and abstract expressionism and brutalism and post-modernism and all of that other shit. I'm saying it's bad. Brutalism in architecture was a shit show, and I know you know this because you're an architect. Abstract expressionism and minimalism are both garbage. I like neo-expressionism because of Basquiat. Banksy is a moron, as are many of the other anarchist social critics. I frequent art museums and I've studied the histories and some of the practices of painting, music, literature and poetry extensively. Some of my favorite artists include James Turrell, Yayoi Kusama, and Robert Irwin.

They do not encompass art as a whole, however. Art as a whole has been lacking since about the 1960's when Andy Warhol decided that he thought he could "mass produce" art. Either that or it was when James Pollock swindled people into thinking that he had talent.
    Last edited by Mujaya; July 12th, 2018 at 12:16 PM.

Lol art elitism

Quote Originally Posted by Gl❀w View Post
    Lol art elitism
    As if that's a bad thing. There is no elite in art. Why do you think nobody cares about it? There sure as hell aren't very many people willing to send their kids to art school.

like, honestly, i just feel bad for you. i am aware that there is nothing that i can say that will change the lens through which you view this world, and that you are willingly and gleefully charging headfirst into a denial of the beauty in all its forms around you is, in all sincerity, one of the most tragic ways i can conceive to spend a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gl❀w View Post
    like, honestly, i just feel bad for you. i am aware that there is nothing that i can say that will change the lens through which you view this world, and that you are willingly and gleefully charging headfirst into a denial of the beauty in all its forms around you is, in all sincerity, one of the most tragic ways i can conceive to spend a life.
    The real tragedy is that beauty has been subjectivized. I know that there are things in this world that bear incalculable beauty and many of them are much, much older than you are and have been abandoned because they had "standards". Nihilists and subjectivists are incapable of producing anything beautiful, and it's my objective as an intellectual and artist help to return these standards to light.

beauty is in the beat of a human heart. if you haven't captured that, you haven't captured anything- nor shall you ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    No, no, Zurvan, we call those "posts" in civilised company, not "jokes".
    haha, yeah, "posts"

...I genuinely cannot tell if you are a parody account.

Like, by its very definition beauty is subjective. The qualities of what is considered beautiful change across eras, civilizations, cultures etc.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    I kinda hope he's just fucking with us because if not it's depressing but I kinda suspect not