Page 3 of 313 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Who's Guyra, it's been awhile since I've played Dark Souls so I don't recognize the name.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Seath and Guyra are the twin dragon gods from the King's Field series. Seath was white, Guyra was black. They were both dicks. Seath in Dark Souls was kind of a shout out to the original. Or maybe they're the same guy, who knows, FROM is crazy and all these games are pretty light on details.

Mods get?!

Blog Entries
    I read somewhere that it always seemed Guyra was evil and Seath was good in King's Field, but then there was a big reveal or something.

Also they were GODS

Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    Mods get?!
    Skyrim v2.0

I don't think From will release a tool set for Dark Souls. However, if it's on the PC, and given its popularity, it's definitely going to get some mods.

Naturally, their own servers probably aren't going to support modded games, so people would need to set up their own private ones.

My only real gripe will be people hacking their saves and going online to grief people. That was rampart in the 360 version, if I recall.

Blog Entries
    I can see it now, the servers overrun with griefers with 10b hp and infinite poise.

anamesis
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    I can see it now, the servers overrun with griefers with 10b hp and infinite poise.
    the obvious answer to that is to glitchmod the dragonbone fist to have a knockback of over 9000 and have a griefing war.

Blog Entries
    I couldn't care less about the knockback. The knockback on that thing's R2 is good enough the way it is.

I just want the windup to be reduced by about 2000 times.

Instant shoryuken off a cliff with no telegraph whatsoever. ONE HIT KO! FLAWLESS VICTORYYYYY

Blog Entries

Oh, hey there, bosses. What's up? (Somebody get one of those German-speaking people in here to read these stupid captions!)

Oh hey, a Black Dragon. He actually looks somewhat intelligent and like he isn't going to kill us, like that Stone Dragon. But I'm wrong, aren't I?

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Intelligent things can still murder you.

Generally, it's only intelligent things that murder you.

Blog Entries
    @type

The stone dragon is such a bawse, he just sits there and lets you carve his tail off. And then he gives you power.

Blog Entries
    And before the patch he let you Psyduck your way to infinite power. What a bro.

Blog Entries
    I actually unpatched just to try that glitch, but even with the continuous dragon head rubbing it took ages to get to lv360. At that point i needed so much exp to go up even one more soul level that i decided i was better off playing legit.

So i abandoned my dreams of max level character and went to pvp. I haven't regretted that decision since.

Blog Entries
    Who needs souls and levels when you can be level one with a bottomless black firebomb minigun?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Who needs souls and levels when you can be level one with a bottomless black firebomb minigun?
    ...really need to unpatch my game now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Never seen one of those before. I've been a knife breathing dragon though.

Btw did wog get patched? Before i'd only suffer 1/4 of my hp if i got hit but as of late wog has been one shotting me. No idea why.

Blog Entries
    Trailer's out:

"Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will include an untold chapter in the world of Lordran where the player must stop the spread of darkness at all costs by facing and defeating the Dark Knight Artorias of the abyss. Available world-wide August 24th, 2012 for your PC."

EDIT:

Dark SoulsTM: Prepare to Die Edition will be releasing for the PC platform. This special, content-enhanced edition of the critically acclaimed Action-RPG developed by FromSoftware will be finely-tuned to cater to the PC gaming audience while retaining all of the deep challenge, rich atmosphere, and compelling gameplay that made the game a worldwide phenomenon. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on the PC platform will also include an enhanced PVP mode allowing players to more closely assemble battles against one another online in an all-out fight to the death that fans have demanded. In addition, the production team at NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. has revealed an untold chapter in the world of Lordran created specifically to help further expand upon the lore of the game. ‘Artorias of the Abyss’ will include all-new areas to explore, enemies to encounter, and bosses to take down one by one.

“Our fans demanded to see this game brought to the PC, and the noise they have made was simply too loud and too passionate to ignore,” said Daisuke Uchiyama, producer for Dark Souls at NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc., “This also allowed us to dive back into the world of Dark Souls, offering a special edition of the game that offers more ways to die over and over again than ever before. Adding a whole new chapter to tell the tale of the Dark Knight Artorias was an opportunity we’re also proud to have taken, as we’ve managed to expand the experience for our biggest fans without compromising the balance of the core game that we worked so hard to create. This edition of the game is our gift to the fans.”

With tense dungeon crawling and fearsome enemy encounters, the seamlessly intertwined world of Dark SoulsTM is full of extreme battles, rewarding challenges, nuanced weaponry and magic, and the flexibility to customize each character to suit any desired play style. The innovative online component allows gamers to draw from the collective experience of the Dark Souls community as they either help or sabotage each other on the journey through the world of Lordran to save the land from darkness.With a massive, seamless open world design, Dark souls encourages deep exploration and an adaptable gameplay experience.
    Artorias

Last edited by Mcjon01; April 11th, 2012 at 11:36 PM.

So at least three new bosses?

Mmm...

That Games for Windows Live thingie don't make me too happy, especially if they disallow mods.

Grrr....