Page 324 of 680 FirstFirst ... 224274314319322323324325326329334374424 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,480 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'd link you the LN illustration that literally shows an FGO demon but take my word for it, Jack used to be an FGO demon.

- - - Updated - - -

that "used to be" killed me to type btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    At least we won't have to cringe when farming for hearts, we can pretend it's Alkeides! (though if Jack is added into FGO I hope he has From Hell)

here's alcides now

Last edited by jennajayfeather; July 20th, 2017 at 08:46 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Yeah Jack's demon is the same thing from FGO. They even have the same eye beamu, though irrc FGO's demon only has it as a full np charge attack.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    don't forget how he's standing on a giant three-headed shiba inu
    canon finish apo vol 3

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    >saberlike claws

I bet its made of artorium
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Here's the bridge to book 5, teasing even more things for us to wait at least six months (and probably 9) to find out about. Enjoy.

FSF4 Bridge

Bridge

One Day, Above the Sky

Day three. Morning.

"Next, the weather. Following up on the low-pressure system that formed in western Las Vegas…"

The usual news flowed out of the TV. The townspeople were heading to their respective jobs, alternatively pleased and worried by the upcoming weather.
    The city of Snowfield was not yet in a state of panic.
    Faldeus was mostly satisfied with that outcome. He could cover up most disturbances himself, and he had confirmed that he could suppress larger-scale incidents to some extent with Francesca's help.
    "How to deal with the incident at the hospital last night… Assassin should be setting to work assassinating Galvarosso around now, too…"
    Such matters occupied Faldeus' thoughts when a secret communication arrived on his personal channel. It was not from inside Snowfield. It was from the special bureau in Washington — the "true masterminds" — who were backing him up.
    "…Faldeus here. What is it, General?"
    "…Have you seen the news?"
    The solemn voice of the man he had called "General" prompted Faldeus to turn his attention to the local news that had just run. Nothing, however, stuck out to him as particularly important, so he checked the national programs. There, he saw the news that a powerful candidate in the upcoming presidential election had died of natural causes.
    "Oh… And they said he had this election in the bag, too. Talk about bad luck. Still, I don't believe this directly concerns your section, General."
    "…You didn't have anything to do with this, did you?"
    "What do you mean?"
    "It's not just him. Thirty-five financial bigwigs, big-time mass media personalities, and even leaders of major lobbies died suddenly, of accidents or natural causes, yesterday afternoon alone. Every one of them had a fat pipeline to the White House."
    "…"
    "Autopsies concluded beyond a shadow of doubt that the deaths were accidents or natural causes. That's what has some people thinking that this coincidence must have something to do with magecraft. Given the timing, it's only natural to suspect a connection to your ritual," the general informed Faldeus in a tone that said those doubts had not been assuaged. He sighed deeply, then abandoned his businesslike manner.
    "I haven't reported to the president yet. If you figure out any connection to the ritual in Snowfield, contact me ASAP."

Faldeus thought about that day, which was later to go down in books on urban legends as "America's Cursed Day." Then, as the result of independently looking up the times and places those thirty-five people had died on the net and connecting them on a map… he determined that they were centered on Galvarosso Scladio's headquarters and linked in order of proximity to it. It was almost as if an angel of death had set out from Scladio's headquarters and walked around killing targets in the order that it found them.
    Faldeus was not big enough to look at this and say, "Hassan-I Sabbah can't be involved" with certainty. He was also not shameless enough to pretend not to have seen it.
    He did not know whether the all-important Galvarosso was alive or dead. Even if he was dead, it was clear that the Scladio mages would conceal the fact for some time.
    "Hassan… Where are you…? And what are you doing…?"
    At that point, it struck Faldeus — this "ritual" was no longer confined to Snowfield. It was beginning to spread its curse to the entire United States. Also that Francesca had probably hoped that it would from the start.
    As if to kick the shocked Faldeus while he was down, the announcers on the news launched into a hurried announcement.
    "This is a follow-up to the weather report — observers report that the low-pressure system that formed in western Las Vegas is currently rapidly increasing in force and has transformed into a massive hurricane."
    "…?"
    In the satellite image displayed on the TV, he was able to confirm an enormous hurricane more than eight hundred kilometers in diameter.
    "There is no precedent for such a development…"
    "In Death Valley National Park, a sandstorm is…"
    "Its projected course is a beeline for Snowfield…"
    "…It really is going in a straight line, isn't it? Is something like that possible?"
    "It's almost like the hurricane has a will of its own."
    "This is no time for jokes."
    It began to flow. A chaotic whirlpool of information.
    Faldeus instinctively picked out the facts, looked half-resignedly up at the ceiling, and muttered:
    "Who's doing this…? Which faction?

"What the hell… are they trying to summon to this city…?"

X X

Snowfield. Twenty kilometers above ground.

"Hurry up now."
    The gigantic airship that served as Prelati's workshop.
    Standing atop its balloon portion, Filia stared at the sky far to the southwest. She continued to nod in satisfaction, watching a mass of clouds visible on the curved horizon. Even taken on a global scale, it was gigantic.
    "That's the way. I pulled you from a 'branch' that doesn't seem like it connects to anywhere, but, well, it shouldn't be a problem just for a little while, right? I mean, the 'me' in that age should just barely be able to use her Authority…"
    Then, she held out her hand to the mass of clouds, hundreds of kilometers distant, as if looking at a cherished pet, and spoke as if addressing it directly.
    "Don't worry; I won't start anything until you get here. We'll all get our revenge together."
    Her expression was a smile, but it was utterly devoid of any human quality. In a sense, it held a terror exactly the opposite of Bazdilot's.
    And, as she directd it downward, that smile expressed an unspeakable desire to kill.
    "…On that rude pair of ingrates."

X X

Francesca's workshop.

"The person on top of the airship's been acting kind of scary…"
    "Don't mind her. She's glaring at the two on the ground, not us."
    Although Prelati's words soothed her, Francesca puffed up her cheeks in a pout.
    "Oh, I wish she'd lay off the unjustified resentment and go somewhere else…

"Going up against a broken goddess' data would be no fun at all!"

X X

Unaware that she was being complained about under her feet, the "thing" that had possessed Filia's body called out to the hurricane far to the west in tones of what almost sounded like self-pity.
    "Once you get here, I'll restore you to your proper shape…

"Look forward to it, Gugalanna!"

next episode [Fake05]

This concludes the story of book 4. All that remains is the afterword, which I will post (probably along with an ebook and a google doc of the whole volume) on Sunday.

Note: I just realized that I wrote "Scradio" for all of this book after using "Scladio" throughout book 3. Both are, as far as I can tell, nonsense names, but I've changed it to "Scladio" in my draft of book 4 for the sake of consistency. I haven't gotten around to changing it in all the previous chapters posted here.

Also, thank you to everyone who has offered corrections and helped spot typos. You make cleaning up this draft much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Other than that, should Dumas' Noble Phantasm really be named "Musketeers, Masquerade"? Shouldn't it be "Musketeers' Masquerade" (as in, a masquerade for musketeers)?
    It could quite honestly be either. I only went with the comma instead of the apostrophe because of the one in the Japanese that goes with it.
    Last edited by OtherSideofSky; July 20th, 2017 at 10:47 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So Ishtar pulled Gugalanna out of some other worldline?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Seeing this made me remember Gil scolding Ishtar in Babylonia for losing Gugalanna lol. She was hilariously easy to bully by virtually everyone in Babylonia, so proud of you Not!Rin

Thanks for the (speedy) translation. Some remarks:

suppress larger-scale incidents to some extent with Francesca's help (larger is enough in this case, it can only be about the scale after all)

Assassin should be setting to work assassinating Galvarosso around now, too… (I don't think this a mistake per se, but "should be setting to work assassinating" is a bit oddly phrased. Maybe something like "should be about to assassinate" is better.)

The plot gets even more interesting. We have a good idea who the two she's talking about are after all. Pour Enkidu just can't catch a break with all his natural enemies here. I really hope we don't have to wait nine months for the next volume, but I doubt it. Narita is busy with several projects after all.

It sounds like she didn't just pinch Gugalanna from any timeline, but that she stole FGO's Gugalanna, which is probably why she lost it.

Is interesting that the hell of Berserker Jack is less unpleasant that the hell of Jack the Loli.

While the hell of BJack is the popular version based in the imagination, theories and legend accumulated over time, with flying demons, lava wells and such; the hell of LoliJack based in real facts (in the lore I think, because I don't know if was so bad) with humans in the buttom and prostitutes that sell their fetuses to the procesing meat plant? (I don't understand that part so well) is a example in how the reality can surprass the fiction, in this case in levels of evil.

I'm sure that Atalanta, Jeanne and Sieg would have preferred to face a horde of demons instead of that shit.

In other news, Gugalanna joins to the party

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    Here's the bridge to book 5, teasing even more things for us to wait at least six months (and probably 9) to find out about. Enjoy.

FSF4 Bridge

Bridge

One Day, Above the Sky

Day three. Morning.

"Next, the weather. Following up on the low-pressure system that formed in western Las Vegas…"

The usual news flowed out of the TV. The townspeople were heading to their respective jobs, alternatively pleased and worried by the upcoming weather.
    The city of Snowfield was not yet in a state of panic.
    Faldeus was mostly satisfied with that outcome. He could cover up most disturbances himself, and he had confirmed that he could suppress larger-scale incidents to some extent with Francesca's help.
    "How to deal with the incident at the hospital last night… Assassin should be setting to work assassinating Galvarosso around now, too…"
    Such matters occupied Faldeus' thoughts when a secret communication arrived on his personal channel. It was not from inside Snowfield. It was from the special bureau in Washington — the "true masterminds" — who were backing him up.
    "…Faldeus here. What is it, General?"
    "…Have you seen the news?"
    The solemn voice of the man he had called "General" prompted Faldeus to turn his attention to the local news that had just run. Nothing, however, stuck out to him as particularly important, so he checked the national programs. There, he saw the news that a powerful candidate in the upcoming presidential election had died of natural causes.
    "Oh… And they said he had this election in the bag, too. Talk about bad luck. Still, I don't believe this directly concerns your section, General."
    "…You didn't have anything to do with this, did you?"
    "What do you mean?"
    "It's not just him. Thirty-five financial bigwigs, big-time mass media personalities, and even leaders of major lobbies died suddenly, of accidents or natural causes, yesterday afternoon alone. Every one of them had a fat pipeline to the White House."
    "…"
    "Autopsies concluded beyond a shadow of doubt that the deaths were accidents or natural causes. That's what has some people thinking that this coincidence must have something to do with magecraft. Given the timing, it's only natural to suspect a connection to your ritual," the general informed Faldeus in a tone that said those doubts had not been assuaged. He sighed deeply, then abandoned his businesslike manner.
    "I haven't reported to the president yet. If you figure out any connection to the ritual in Snowfield, contact me ASAP."

Faldeus thought about that day, which was later to go down in books on urban legends as "America's Cursed Day." Then, as the result of independently looking up the times and places those thirty-five people had died on the net and connecting them on a map… he determined that they were centered on Galvarosso Scladio's headquarters and linked in order of proximity to it. It was almost as if an angel of death had set out from Scladio's headquarters and walked around killing targets in the order that it found them.
    Faldeus was not big enough to look at this and say, "Hassan-I Sabbah can't be involved" with certainty. He was also not shameless enough to pretend not to have seen it.
    He did not know whether the all-important Galvarosso was alive or dead. Even if he was dead, it was clear that the Scladio mages would conceal the fact for some time.
    "Hassan… Where are you…? And what are you doing…?"
    At that point, it struck Faldeus — this "ritual" was no longer confined to Snowfield. It was beginning to spread its curse to the entire United States. Also that Francesca had probably hoped that it would from the start.
    As if to kick the shocked Faldeus while he was down, the announcers on the news launched into a hurried announcement.
    "This is a follow-up to the weather report — observers report that the low-pressure system that formed in western Las Vegas is currently rapidly increasing in force and has transformed into a massive hurricane."
    "…?"
    In the satellite image displayed on the TV, he was able to confirm an enormous hurricane more than eight hundred kilometers in diameter.
    "There is no precedent for such a development…"
    "In Death Valley National Park, a sandstorm is…"
    "Its projected course is a beeline for Snowfield…"
    "…It really is going in a straight line, isn't it? Is something like that possible?"
    "It's almost like the hurricane has a will of its own."
    "This is no time for jokes."
    It began to flow. A chaotic whirlpool of information.
    Faldeus instinctively picked out the facts, looked half-resignedly up at the ceiling, and muttered:
    "Who's doing this…? Which faction?

"What the hell… are they trying to summon to this city…?"

X X

Snowfield. Twenty kilometers above ground.

"Hurry up now."
    The gigantic airship that served as Prelati's workshop.
    Standing atop its balloon portion, Filia stared at the sky far to the southwest. She continued to nod in satisfaction, watching a mass of clouds visible on the curved horizon. Even taken on a global scale, it was gigantic.
    "That's the way. I pulled you from a 'branch' that doesn't seem like it connects to anywhere, but, well, it shouldn't be a problem just for a little while, right? I mean, the 'me' in that age should just barely be able to use her Authority…"
    Then, she held out her hand to the mass of clouds, hundreds of kilometers distant, as if looking at a cherished pet, and spoke as if addressing it directly.
    "Don't worry; I won't start anything until you get here. We'll all get our revenge together."
    Her expression was a smile, but it was utterly devoid of any human quality. In a sense, it held a terror exactly the opposite of Bazdilot's.
    And, as she directd it downward, that smile expressed an unspeakable desire to kill.
    "…On that rude pair of ingrates."

X X

Francesca's workshop.

"The person on top of the airship's been acting kind of scary…"
    "Don't mind her. She's glaring at the two on the ground, not us."
    Although Prelati's words soothed her, Francesca puffed up her cheeks in a pout.
    "Oh, I wish she'd lay off the unjustified resentment and go somewhere else…

"Going up against a broken goddess' data would be no fun at all!"

X X

Unaware that she was being complained about under her feet, the "thing" that had possessed Filia's body called out to the hurricane far to the west in tones of what almost sounded like self-pity.
    "Once you get here, I'll restore you to your proper shape…

"Look forward to it, Gugalanna!"

next episode [Fake05]

This concludes the story of book 4. All that remains is the afterword, which I will post (probably along with an ebook and a google doc of the whole volume) on Sunday.

Note: I just realized that I wrote "Scradio" for all of this book after using "Scladio" throughout book 3. Both are, as far as I can tell, nonsense names, but I've changed it to "Scladio" in my draft of book 4 for the sake of consistency. I haven't gotten around to changing it in all the previous chapters posted here.

Also, thank you to everyone who has offered corrections and helped spot typos. You make cleaning up this draft much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

It could quite honestly be either. I only went with the comma instead of the apostrophe because of the one in the Japanese that goes with it.
    is it ok if i asks for the .word file again>?

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    is it ok if i asks for the .word file again>?
    Sure. I'll message you with a link once it's actually finished.

Blog Entries
    thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    sure, PM it to me and I will take a look sometime.
    I have just sent you a PM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Seeing this made me remember Gil scolding Ishtar in Babylonia for losing Gugalanna lol. She was hilariously easy to bully by virtually everyone in Babylonia, so proud of you Not!Rin
    That part was really funny. like the entire buildup to recruiting her was just for this one item, she just can't escape the screw-up curse

also just remembered how we lowballed her and it still worked hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    That part was really funny. like the entire buildup to recruiting her was just for this one item, she just can't escape the screw-up curse

also just remembered how we lowballed her and it still worked hahahaha
    That love for gems is definitely Rin lol. Part of the reasons why i prefer Babylonia over Camelot despite how emotional Camelot is are because after all these years Nasu can still surprise me with all the familiar characters that he wrote a long time ago but brought back like Rin, Gilgamesh or Taiga and still retain all the unique quirks that made them likable while also blend in with the new casts, and many parts of the chapters are funny as hell.

In retrospect though i think Babylonia did make the hype for Strange Fake a bit less since we kinda know who these characters are, so i hope 100% Ishtar by Narita doesn't disappoint
    Last edited by Altaris; July 21st, 2017 at 04:13 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Jack's np works based on the amount of human fear in the area right? Does that mean that he was actually weaker than he should be since iirc Snowfield has some kind of pacifying magecraft set up for the war?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Jack's np works based on the amount of human fear in the area right? Does that mean that he was actually weaker than he should be since iirc Snowfield has some kind of pacifying magecraft set up for the war?
    I don't think so, I think it's a conceptual fear rather than a literal fear.

From Hell is so cool and I get mad whenever I think of Alkeides stealing it, I do hope it like somehow backfires on him--or at least has a few different effects.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; July 21st, 2017 at 10:07 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    it's the amount of latent human fear or unease.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.