Page 5653 of 7875 FirstFirst ... 46535153555356035643564856515652565356545655565856635703575361536653 ... LastLast
Results 113,041 to 113,060 of 157489

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    We don't need Protection from Wind, what we need is Protection from Water!
    Also protection from traffic, more specifically motorcycles.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Oh hey, this topic dawned on me another realization. Brain of a planet =/= Type. What with the Moon Cell being Type Moon in Extra but Brain of the Moon being a separate thing in another entry and in Tsuki no Sango. This is good, since quite frankly, being the planet's brain beats being a Type anyday, the later are still just pawns.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why people insist on taking everything literally and acting like literary devices have no place in literary writing.
    too many instruction manuals

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Oh hey, this topic dawned on me another realization. Brain of a planet =/= Type. What with the Moon Cell being Type Moon in Extra but Brain of the Moon being a separate thing in another entry and in Tsuki no Sango. This is good, since quite frankly, being the planet's brain beats being a Type anyday, the later are still just pawns.
    Q: Is there any relationship between the Moon Cell and the Crimson Moon? Does the Moon Cell exist in universes outside of EXTRA?
    A: Moon cell is something that is only in EXTRA, and it does not have anything to do with the Crimson Moon. However, in the world of EXTRA, the "Brain of the Planet" who is equivalent to the Crimson Moon should still be living somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

But that's not good, it's quite terrible for the poor Types.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That doesn't contradict anything I said, since Moon Cell is the Type of the Moon in Extra.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    But that's not good, it's quite terrible for the poor Types.
    True, but it brings me some peace of mind since I no longer have to suffer with people underming AE.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Blog Entries
    I'm inclined to believe that Nasu was just waxing poetic there, given that it only says that's what it would be "called" and not what it is, and that the Moon Cell literally being Type Moon in the original draft of EXTRA was one of the things that made him freak the fuck out and rewrite the entire game himself.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries

True, but it brings me some peace of mind since I no longer have to suffer with people underming AE.
    But by your own admission, Arc is brainless.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    But by your own admission, Arc is brainless.
    That describes Arc pretty well tbh

Blog Entries
    funny vamp xd

Blog Entries
    the Moon Cell literally being Type Moon in the original draft of EXTRA was one of the things that made him freak the fuck out and rewrite the entire game himself
    lol where was this

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That doesn't contradict anything I said, since Moon Cell is the Type of the Moon in Extra.
    Yes it does. You were implying that Type =/= Brain of the Planet. Yes that is true as per the Moon Cell, but the opposite can also be true.
    Type and Brain of the Planet are not mutually exclusive terms. You can be one or the other or both both or be none.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Having the capacity doesn't necessarily mean they did though, unless that entry was loosely translated. (Regarding Types killing everything on their planet.)
    Nah that entry doesn't say that at all, it says each of them has the capacity to wipe out humans, and that they are the strongest of their planet, not that they wiped out their own planet. So theoretically there could be aliens from mars or whatev.

What she actually says is that only a planet could receive the call of a planet, and that the Types were "the strongest life forms of those planets who received the will of (Gaia)". The planets received Gaia's will, not the Types.

Which fits fine with the entry saying that Type-Saturn received orders from Saturn the planet and transmitted it to the other Types.

Nowhere there does V/V says anything about being a planet, nor does the entry says it. Only the non-omniscient narrator does and it doesn't have to be literal due to context.
    She said 'we received the will of Gaia' implying she received the message ah wait I misread.

Also I think that entry is somewhat flawed becuase in another entry we have

Explanation 02: Heaven’s Corpse (Type:Venus)
    The Ultimate One of Venus.
    A carnivorous plant about 1 kilometer in length. Its form is similar to that of a fish with a pair of giant trees growing on its back, but as it is hidden in the sea of clouds no one has records ascertaining this.
    Type:Venus flew to Earth after the other Aristoteles launched their attack, and for a long time it simply drifted around inside the sea of clouds.
    After staying harmless for a while, it finished its task of exploring and selecting the ideal seed bed, and finally began its descent.

Its real form is rooted into the earth, and its countless spores (Angel-type Predacious Terminals) spread and seeded themselves into the environment. If it were to reach the earth while alive, it would signify the end of all species on Earth.
    …Because it is a parasitic Aristoteles, it could even “absorb” the concept of Liners.

Source: Source/notes. (From Tsukihime Dokuhon)
    A spirited, earnest, airheaded XXXXXXX who is in love with love.
    The command that she was input with was “Earth Predation”, but the answer she came up with was “I love everyone living here”. She was really a hopeless individual.

Aah. Thou art the incurable disease known as love.
    It seems V/V only ever really got one order, as a parasitic organism find the ideal spot and poison the earth to kill it all by poisoning everything, but she got killed during her descent and that order as she claims it was from Gaia/her planet (though, who knows if this was a message from Saturn or if it was when she left the planet).
    Last edited by Cruor; June 5th, 2016 at 03:17 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Yes it does. You were implying that Type =/= Brain of the Planet. Yes that is true as per the Moon Cell, but the opposite can also be true.
    Type and Brain of the Planet are not mutually exclusive terms. You can be one or the other or both both or be none.
    True, but as of now the only Type confirmed as brain of a planet is CM, which fits considering his sentience and high degree of intelligence. We can't say the same of the other Types who are shown to be more like mindless kiling machines.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    True, but as of now the only Type confirmed as brain of a planet is CM, which fits considering his sentience and high degree of intelligence. We can't say the same of the other Types who are shown to be more like mindless kiling machines.
    However, it's still a point you have to take into consideration moving forward. Considering we know that different works can have different sets of Types.
    Type =/= Brain of the Planet is not just a definitive blanket statement you can make.

Blog Entries
    Moon Cell being an eye and not a brain isnt necessarily making a comparison to something else in TM that is a brain. It can just be a standalone explanation of "here's why the big computer usually doesn't try to kill people"

JP Friend Code
    Are you referring to this part?
    Quote Originally Posted by extra material
    後に、この夢を映すだけの水晶体はこう呼ばれる。 月の眼。 底なしのクラインキューブ。 この星の全てを読み上げた、持ち主のいないタイプ・ ムーンと。
    To me it sounds like Nasu chose to call it Type-Moon as in "Shit I wrote like a whole page worth of stuffs above, not sure if anyone even read it all so TLDR it's the eye of the moon, the bottomless Klein Cube, the eye that reflect dreams, the ownerless Type-Moon or w/e"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I'm inclined to believe that Nasu was just waxing poetic there, given that it only says that's what it would be "called" and not what it is
    Yeah this IMO.

I for one I'm happy with snowflake Type CM.

- - - Updated - - -

^Yes, but it doesn't really matter in the end since there is still reasons to believe CM is special among Types. At least among the Types we have been shown.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar
    Are all Phantasmal Beasts effective biologically immortal?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoArcDragonhound View Post
    Are all Phantasmal Beasts effective biologically immortal?
    i mean considering they don't even work biologically, I guess so?
    unless you mean something else when you mean "biologically immortal?"

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think he means that they don't die with age, just advance categories like D&D dragons.

Because head removal is a perfectly biological cause of death.
    don't quote me on this