Page 60 of 158 FirstFirst ... 10505558596061626570110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 3142

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It's too bad his aspiration wasn't "protagonist of a story" because then he'd totally have managed something.

Shinji Matou, the mage library incapable of using any of the magery knowledge he has.

...The Matou Librorum Prohibitorum.
    Toaru Majutsu no Seaweed?

I'd read it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Wait what.
    Seriously?

...where did it all go wrong? When did it go from Batman-Shirou and, essentially Oracle-Medea into that?
    When Tsukihime got dragged into the fic =/ It was like the author went 'eh, not enough crap is going on in Fuyuki, let's drag other Nasu stuff in as well!' >.>
    Last edited by Flere821; February 28th, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post
    Toaru Majutsu no Seaweed?

I'd read it
    The phrase "A Certain Magical Seaweed" makes me think of a talking piece of nori that grants wishes with a twist of seaweed.

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NuitTombee View Post
    Truly?
    Thank you for finding out my mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I feel you're rather missing the function this plays in the original work.
    I know, but it is a bit lame and pointless other than Shirou's suicidal tendencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Yeah but its LLLLLLAME. I get very little self-satisfaction self-inserting into a dude who isn't like super cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    plus inserting a burning rod into your spine sounds totally gay dude, like super for real that red headed kid should be saying no homo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    It was kind of actually pointless, because fixing that alone wouldn't have made Shirou competent by the time the War started.

Unless you mean for how it showcases his suicidal abnegation of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsdraconis View Post
    dunno if i'm being trolled for even responding to this seriously, but the whole makeshift circuit that Shirou does shows his commitment for delving the moonlit world, maybe even his madness or his so called d-word that's been too overused in too many shitty fanfiction that I'd rather not use it anymore. It shows his determination in spite of the futility of his attempt at being a magus, and losing that just make him just a normal magus. You can't bullshit him being abnormal if every fucking thing he does is par for the norm, and frankly it's his abnormality that makes him a unique character in the series.

For better or for worse, it's his lack of talent in magecraft that makes him the character that he was, taking that away to give him some overpowered savant skill on things that he doesn't have just makes him the standard template for every other self-insert fantasy fanfic protag every shitty authors makes him up to be. Most of the fights he had in the game is only half as interesting as it was because of just how badly outmatched, and just how desperate the situation was, something that those power fantasy retards can never understand. It was to the point where pulling off something as bullshit as UBW appear as a natural progression of the story, rather than some bullshit chuunibyou "this is not even my final form" power level crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    I agree, Shirou is interesting because he is continually the underdog. Even when he shows talent everyone around him has more. Even Archer, as badass as he was, only got that way by being outgunned in almost every situation he is in. Plus I like the idea of a protagonist learning a clear lesson by the end. A moral if you will.
    Yes, Shirou is interesting that way, unique to other characters but Underdog Shirou will never be able to save both Saber and Illya. Shirou has a lower chance with Medea route.

- - - Updated - - -

Even without the whole Nerve Circuiting, there are Zouken, Kirei, Gilgamesh and other Servants to deal with. Shirou will not be able to save everyone.
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

祖 Ancestor
    Just here to note that timeline of Fate was reuploaded on FFN so that label can be removed.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    link it

Tell me, Emiya Shirou, do you ever regret becoming a Superhero? Shrimperor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    link it
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1045548...meline-of-Fate

Blog Entries
    Oddly enough, Fate / Revelation Online just updated with three separate chapters, all in the span of one week.

Huh.
    Last edited by Epiren; March 7th, 2015 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epiren View Post
    Oddly enough, F/RO just updated with three separate chapters, all in the span of one week.

Huh.
    *is reminded to write more of his own F/RO...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishou the Badger View Post
    *is reminded to write more of his own F/RO...
    Do it do it do it

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiren View Post
    Do it do it do it
    Agreed. Just continue it Kishou.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    I eagerly await the next update as I try to work on my own Persona fic as well as JaUT.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

I looked all over the site and couldn't find any mention of this so here goes.
    Story Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9507873/1/Fate-Amicitia
    Story Name: Fate Amicitia
    Synopsis/Review: It's basically a Fate/My little Pony crossover about a grail war in Ponyville. You wouldn't think nasuverse and ponies would go together, but it's one of the better Fate crossover fics I've read. It's only 12 chapters so far, but the masters and servants have good chemistry, there are some awesome fight scenes, er yeah I'm not much of a reviewer.

Blog Entries
    ponys...

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking ponys

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Meh, this one just doesn't grab me for some reason. Maybe if I do more than skimming it, but even then I think this story is mediocre. Not bad or horrible, but certainly not great or memorable either.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Goddamn ponies...
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishou the Badger View Post
    Meh, this one just doesn't grab me for some reason. Maybe if I do more than skimming it, but even then I think this story is mediocre. Not bad or horrible, but certainly not great or memorable either.
    Could it be the presence of ponies?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Blog Entries
    Pretty much what I expected, which gets it a -1

The tonality here is all over the place. The preamble is all about the power of goodness that must always triumph in Ponyland, which isn't really too surprising given the series subtitle of Friendship Is Magic. Does anyone really expect a MLP story to be dark and gritty? I thought not. So why is the author trying to mesh it with something like Fate/Stay Night?

The preamble paints All the Evils of the World as an impotent force in Ponyland and very strongly implies this is a deliberate choice on someone's part. All the talk of other worlds and trying to cut Angra off at the pass gives me the sinking feeling that this is a stealth "Zelretch did it!" premise. Or at least "Rin with the Second Magic did it!"

I don't believe that every FSN story needs to go full Urobuchi grimdark, but Fate has always been a story of losses and compromises, whether it's Saber fading away in Fate or getting shanked in HF, Illya's execution and Berserer's final stand in UBW, etc. It even extends to spinoffs with things like all of the people who die over the course of Extra or the Fate/Proto prequel being a succession of Manaka's horrors.

The author seems cognizant of this and tries to give us some visceral fight scenes (though only Servants getting put through the grinder) and pays lip service to Twilight being terrified at the prospect of a kill or be killed battle royale. There's even a scene of Twilight lying to friends about the war to drum up some drama.

But you already told us it isn't a big deal, author. In this setting, we are guaranteed a Happy End (the author's own words) because Angra is such a pussy, right? One of the characters even alludes to the fact that the Grail War is probably going to head off the rails because the Masters are friends and don't want to fight. I'm also bothered by little things like Arturia showing up as Ruler seemingly for no other reason than shoehorning her into the story because the author wants her around and already had a Saber in mind -- speaking of, I like how the author had handled that character right up until the moment he started trying to sell us on the idea that someone like Saber would give up on his wish for friendship. (Then there's weird stuff like Berserker tanking a Zabaniya to the heart or Ruler not being able to put Caster in his place even though it's in her job description.)

Now, I know Arturia went through something similar in FSN, but a big part of the story was her realization of how futile and self-destructive the sort of thinking behind her wish really was. This Saber's circumstances are different, and I find it a little hard to swallow that he would give up his chance. But, hey, Friendship Is Magic enough to make him give up the ghost without enough (in my mind) done to justify it any meaningful way.

It doesn't suffer from the usual crossover problem of one side stomping the other into the ground in a fight, but it still walks a similar path in that one side of the story is walking all over the other one conceptually. It seems designed to tear down a lot of what makes Fate what it is, which begs the question of why the author even bothered. There are elements of a good vanilla Fate story here, but it breaks down under the burden of the other half of the crossover.

There's no rule that says you have to obey the original in tone and spirit, but why bother? Who wants to see Batman getting proper grief counseling and holding fundraisers for disadvantaged youths to prevent crime? Would anyone watch a 007 movie about James Bond in his off season?
    Last edited by Imperial; March 30th, 2015 at 02:25 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    There's no rule that says you have to obey the original in tone and spirit, but why bother? Who wants to see Batman getting proper grief counseling and holding fundraisers for disadvantaged youths to prevent crime? Would anyone watch a 007 movie about James Bond in his off season?
    In this age of ironic media enjoyment, I can definitely say yes to this.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Poneis malditos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT