Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raven2785 View Post
    I approve of this statement, Kerry becoming a villain for this just fits so well with his point of view of his ideals it's not even funny.

Also, yes. Kariya needs to be trolled by Kirei, either one. If it doesn't happen the fic FAILS!
    He's like a vastly worse Archer as far as Shirou's character / ideals development goes. Except that he traumatizes everybody else as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    *laughter*

Old Kirei is going to have a field day with this.
    And this fic proposal just keeps getting better.

If you want to go full disillusionment, you could even go so far as to have Kerry shoot and 'kill' Shirou near the end if he doesn't realise he has Avalon in him (or maybe just doesn't know the extent of its healing ability). So SHirou has to deal with the fact his father figure and idol just tried to kill him, without Kerry realising he's still a factor.
    Last edited by meevanhelot; July 15th, 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meevanhelot View Post
    If you want to go full disillusionment, you could even go so far as to have Kerry shoot and 'kill' Shirou near the end if he doesn't realise he has Avalon in him. So SHirou has to deal with the fact his father figure and idol just tried to kill him, without Kerry realising he's still a factor.
    Would be great if this is not even near the end. Cause then you could have Archer see it happen and snap, I mean his father just tried to kill him (technically).

He might be just a tad upset with that, just a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Blog Entries
    As a final twist or possibly beginning goal we could have Kiritsugu discover that there might be a third option with the Grail with Sakura, but not if Kariya has anything to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
    ... Oh dear God, let's see - would Kiritsugu be willing to sacrifice Ilya if it meant he can be together with Irisviel? They only need one Grail...
    ...And now the mother-daughter interactions get poisoned as well.

Well, that and Iri is probably the last person who could deal with her daughter's issues. She's a bouncy, happy-go-lucky woman who only lived a couple years. Ilya's older than she is, and Ilya's also tasted a lot more loss than Irisviel has. Iri won't know what to do with her daughter to begin with.

I think Ilya would fall apart even further when she starts seeing her mother's flighty side.

And then the "Who will Kiritsugu let live?" issue comes up. Ouch. This is going to be awful.

Would be great if this is not even near the end. Cause then you could have Archer see it happen and snap, I mean his father just tried to kill him (technically).

Well, the problem is the moment it happens any alliance no longer exists, so it could only be done once you no longer have any plans for that alliance plotwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo Jenkins View Post
    She's a bouncy, happy-go-lucky woman who only lived a couple years.
    She's only lived a couple of years when she had Illya, so she's 10 by the Fourth. Not that that really changes anything, but yeah.
    Last edited by meevanhelot; July 15th, 2013 at 12:42 AM.

Archer realizes that he can paradox himself out of existence at the source: Kill the mentor.

Blog Entries
    I could see Archer, Kiritsugu, and Shirou all having a shouting match with each other about what is right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meevanhelot View Post
    Well, the problem is the moment it happens any alliance no longer exists, so it could only be done once you no longer have any plans for that alliance plotwise.
    He is now gunning for his father, and gets Young Kirei on board because Kiritsugu interests him. This overall goes against the Tohsaka plan who want to go after others first.

One argument and a rule breaker later Archer is now contracted to Kirei. Yes, Kirei.

Its all about reforming of alliances and shifting of objectives.

This fic can more or less be musical alliances in the grand scheme.
    Last edited by Knick; July 15th, 2013 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    I could see Archer, Kiritsugu, and Shirou all having a shouting match with each other about what is right.
    I actually wonder whether both Shirous find common cause with one another when they see just what kind of man screwed them up with his ideals.

Blog Entries
    Archer realizes that he can paradox himself out of existence at the source: Kill the mentor.
    By 5th War, isn't that too late? Shirou already inherited Kiritsugu's ideals, never mind that he's somehow here right now (yay Timey Wimey Ball).

Or going by similarly twisted logic, Archer became who he was today due to the Fuyuki Fire; destroy Irisviel, the 4th HGW Grail, and the Fire never happens and Shirou never gets distorted/saved/set down the path of being a Hero...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
    By 5th War, isn't that too late? Shirou already inherited Kiritsugu's ideals, never mind that he's somehow here right now (yay Timey Wimey Ball).

Or going by similarly twisted logic, Archer became who he was today due to the Fuyuki Fire; destroy Irisviel, the 4th HGW Grail, and the Fire never happens and Shirou never gets distorted/saved/set down the path of being a Hero...
    Well Archer admits that his whole plan is more about just letting out his frustration on his past self (I think).

Now he just has a more interesting target.

He is now gunning for his father, and gets Young Kirei on board because Kiritsugu interests him. This overall goes against the Tohsaka plan who want to go after others first.

One argument and a rule breaker later Archer is now contracted to Kirei. Yes, Kirei.

Its all about reforming of alliances and shifting of objectives.

This fic can more or less be musical alliances in the grand scheme.
    Kirei kills his older self in a climactic battle, and realizes how good it felt to make the object of his self-loathing suffer.

He wishes to travel through other universes' Wars as an avatar of the Fuyuki Grail, killing the warped versions of himself who turned evil. Kirei finds true happiness along the way. The Vessel gets to kill people with a wish, nobody has to destroy the Fuyuki Grail, and Kirei saves the multiverse from himself.
    Last edited by Zalgo Jenkins; July 15th, 2013 at 12:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    He wishes to travel through other universes' Wars as an avatar of the Fuyuki Grail, killing the warped versions of himself who turned evil. Kirei finds true happiness along the way. The Vessel gets to kill people with a wish, nobody has to destroy the Fuyuki Grail, and Kirei saves the multiverse from himself.
    You do relies you just made Kirei into Madoka more or less... right?

You do relies you just made Kirei into Madoka more or less... right?
    I've never seen the series. Though I guess that would add a whole new level of irony, now that I think about it.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Irisviel would be able to handle Ilya because she already has experience handling Kiritsugu's tormented soul.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Irisviel would be able to handle Ilya because she already has experience handling Kiritsugu's tormented soul.
    Good point, but I'm not so sure.

Iri helped Kiritsugu by validating his ideals and agreeing to die. Kerry also seemed to enjoy Iri's cute, bubbly, innocent demeanor. None of that will help with Ilya, who wants an actual family.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kiritsugu will gather info on the "last" war, and thus he will find that while he won the war, there is a distinct lack of Utopia.

He will say "fuck it", kill seven Servants and then wish for everyone to be teleported to Avalon.

Good End?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    >Kerry
    >tormented soul

crawwwwwwling in my skiiiiiiiiiin

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Kiritsugu will gather info on the "last" war, and thus he will find that while he won the war, there is a distinct lack of Utopia.

He will say "fuck it", kill seven Servants and then wish for everyone to be teleported to Avalon.

Good End?
    Grail decides the only way for "everyone" to be in Avalon is if there's nobody outside of Avalon. Covers the world in Grail mud.