Page 5730 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4730523056305680572057255728572957305731573257355740578058306230 ... LastLast
Results 114,581 to 114,600 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I know it's not a traditional beam but an AoE strike, but Balmung is a beam that becomes into a wide AoE attack. So i see them cancelling each other out.
    I don't think it's that simple. Balmung starts as a beam but spreads into aoe but still centers around Siegfried. But looking at how Galatine works in Extella animation it is literally Gawain slashing/swinging a super long blade made of light that is 13km length. Meaning it does not have to make contact with the beam to get to Siegfried because Gawain can swing it from the left, the right or even smash down from above like Musashi's NP.

That aside, the max range is notably shorter than Siegfried, so if Siegfried fires Balmung at maximum range (50) he is safe from a retaliation from max range Galatine (40). Even better, Lancelot managed to fight Gawain when he gets to close range because Galatine has a min range of 20, making Gawain unable to shinmei it on him. So if Siegfried can keep up with Gawain in melee and not let Gawain slash him (i.e blocking the blows or dodge) I'm sure he can stall Gawain till buff gone.

Of course yeah your right on the fact Galatine would be supported by the Sun-buff so it should overwhelm Balmung, tho i'm not sure whether it would be able to actually kill Siegfried or would do as much as Clarent Blood Arthur. Honestly who would win the duel i'd think would depend on how much damage Gawain does in his normal attacks as it gets past his armor.
    It will do more damage than Clarent Blood Arthur if it directly hits Siegfried. Remember, this is sunbuff Gawain so Galatine is also buffed. Of course we don't know if the boost is also x3 which is ridiculous boost so there's that.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I don't think it's that simple. Balmung starts as a beam but spreads into aoe but still centers around Siegfried. But looking at how Galatine works in Extella animation it is literally Gawain slashing/swinging a super long blade made of light that is 13km length. Meaning it does not have to make contact with the beam to get to Siegfried because Gawain can swing it from the left, the right or even smash down from above like Musashi's NP.

That aside, the max range is notably shorter than Siegfried, so if Siegfried fires Balmung at maximum range (50) he is safe from a retaliation from max range Galatine (40). Even better, Lancelot managed to fight Gawain when he gets to close range because Galatine has a min range of 20, making Gawain unable to shinmei it on him. So if Siegfried can keep up with Gawain in melee and not let Gawain slash him (i.e blocking the blows or dodge) I'm sure he can stall Gawain till buff gone.

It will do more damage than Clarent Blood Arthur if it directly hits Siegfried. Remember, this is sunbuff Gawain so Galatine is also buffed. Of course we don't know if the boost is also x3 which is ridiculous boost so there's that.
    I disagree, the thing with Gawain's sword is that he doesn't actually swing a sword that's 13 km. It's a radiation attack that goes from Gawain then outward as it crashes into his enemies which can extend to 13 km diameter. It attacks in a wave attack, not in a literally slash attack with a physical sword Musashi can do. That's at least what it says in the NPs description. Thus Siegfried should be able to shield himself with his swords attack. Tho it can be overwhelmed.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    I disagree, the thing with Gawain's sword is that he doesn't actually swing a sword that's 13 km. It's a radiation attack that goes from Gawain then outward as it crashes into his enemies which can extend to 13 km diameter. It attacks in a wave attack, not in a literally slash attack with a physical sword Musashi can do. That's at least what it says in the NPs description. Thus Siegfried should be able to shield himself with his swords attack. Tho it can be overwhelmed.
    No, it specifically said that the blade's cutting edge extends from the hilt into a huge diameter. Original JP is "剣の刀身", which means "the blade part of the sword", not that the sword sends out a wave that kinda look like radiation, which is exactly what shown in Extella: first the blade expands from the pseudo sun then he swings that shit. THAT gigantic sword swing is what creates the radiant wave attack. Heck one of his normal moves have him make the blade part longer to extend his attack range by adding an additional light part at the tip (when you use the boost mode), that's a legit thing so it makes perfect sense for him to use an ultra sun version of it for NP. Balmung's description is what specifically mentioned a wave coming from the center of the sword: 大剣を中心とした半円状に拡散する黄昏の波を放つ. Two obviously different things.

Ofc there are different depiction of how it works due to graphics limits i.e FGO and Extra, but Extella so far seems to be the most accurate representation of what the material book said. Heck on pixiv dict the fans has a different interpretation of how it works such as...it emits fire waves to hit the enemies and burn them. Another speculation says that normally it's wave-like but when you activate it as max power (sunbuffed maybe) it will be the 13km blade version, which is what relevant in this vs regardless. Maybe Last Encore will also depict it as something different too but I will go with the material book and Extella.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; March 2nd, 2018 at 03:03 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    tldr, you're not wrong, 6 servants is too much for Darnicula, but lasting this long is a remarkable feat itself, so don't sell him short
    It's impressive, but he's not actually faster than those servants.

Although if it really was a surprise attack this wouldn't matter anyway.

Being able to blitz =/= being able to turn on a dime too. Probably.
    Honestly if Dantes and Achilles raced Kometes would put Ach so over rational speed he'd reach exit velocity and fly away. So who's the real winner here?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Honestly if Dantes and Achilles raced Kometes would put Ach so over rational speed he'd reach exit velocity and fly away. So who's the real winner here?
    Dantes via Achilles getting disqualified for going off the race track.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    Was he really completely untouchable to them? I know Vlad got him in a position to bite him in the LN..
    Having invulnerability makes you slighyly cocky

Only reason Chiron gets to anticipates him is due to his efffevtively future sight and bountiful experience

- - - Updated - - -

FULL MOON RADISH CUTTING VERTICAL GALATIIIIIIIINE (baseball bat)
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Wow dorabase reference, never expected that.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Having invulnerability makes you slighyly cocky

Only reason Chiron gets to anticipates him is due to his efffevtively future sight and bountiful experience
    Future Sight and prediction would only do so much. He still has to move his body fast enough.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Future Sight and prediction would only do so much. He still has to move his body fast enough.
    Read the arrow scene and how, even with Achilles mega speed, Chiron handles him with future sight

Its not only about predicting how Achilles would move, its about predicting the whole environment chanhes as he moves, and Chiron places his attack unleashed about 5 minutes earlier to strike Achilles position 6 minutes later.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

It's impressive, but he's not actually faster than those servants.
    I'm pretty sure it was noted Dracula's speed was near-teleportation level though.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Robin Hood versus Hendrickson (Nanatsu No Taizai). Baseline Hendrickson, without the Silver Demon's powers.

JP Friend Code
    I mean I can't really remember what base Hendrickson did but Robin Hood isn't exactly good for fighting.

He can melt shit and beat up King Arthur.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Nanatsu no Taizai powerlevels are not Fate friendly

just look at meliodas' full counter, do you guys think that it can reflect even excaliblast?
    Be sliced by the blades of summer snow, fragile thing..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki View Post
    just look at meliodas' full counter, do you guys think that it can reflect even excaliblast?
    I think Full Counter can deflect any kind of magical attack, regardless of magnitude. It is pretty OP.

JP Friend Code
    Not sure it's really deflected anything that powerful. Although I'm not up to date.

US Friend Code
    I remember him countering some really big stuff before, tho I forget if that had to do with his treasure. Been a while since I stopped reading the manga.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    I remember him countering some really big stuff before, tho I forget if that had to do with his treasure. Been a while since I stopped reading the manga.
    Where I'm up to now he was confident he could deflect Monspiet's Purgatory Phoenix, which carved a line of scorched earth for several miles. Countering the Albion's beam-cannon was also pretty impressive.