Page 190 of 302 FirstFirst ... 90140180185188189190191192195200240290 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If I did, Kyte forgot to include it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Welp, that reminds me to -1 FFD.

Everyone's given their reasons, like the prose and the pacing and the mischaracterization and whatever, so I won't mention those. I'll focus on the wankery.

Basically, FFD!Shirou is pretty much broken for the sake of broken. This brokenness(?) adds little to the story other than "Hey, look how BAMF my not-OC is!", and TF gives him a ridiculous amount of power-ups, for yet again no reason other than what's likely wish-fulfillment. Not only this, but he also makes him perform ridiculous feats that pretty much kill suspension of disbelief. Here's a list of things:
    wankery examples, spoilers within
    Pure Eyes
    Weapons somehow on par with NPs
    DAA status
    Killing Louvre
    Taking on Berserker one-on-one and living
    SWORD SURFING
    Two Servants
    Regularly hunts DAs
    ...and more! I think.

While that alone would only be kind of terrible, the narration pretty much gushes about how analytic and badass and whatever FFD!Shirou is supposed to be every other line or so (okay, that was an exaggeration). This, combined with his Shirou acting like a smug asshat all the time, makes the reading rather unenjoyable.

TL;DR: TF makes him OP for the sake of OP, and the story suffers for it.

I probably missed a few points, but the above should be sufficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Was considering that, but it was already mentioned by others.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Sword surfing owns. It reminds me of my Bionicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Heh. I remember those. Those were like 7 percent of my childhood.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Sword surfing owns. It reminds me of my Bionicles.
    Bionicles were awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Banned
    Blog Entries
    hei guise, what's your favourite bionicles movie?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Write a 1000000 words fic about your favorite Bionicle winning the War and I'll give a +1 to FFD for the sword surfing.
    That is really a lot of words.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Look I don't think I've written something a hundred thousand words long in my entire life.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    +1 Snow Bunnies, by Arashi Leonheart.

A one-shot, focused on Taiga, family, and Christmas. There isn't too much to say about this, except it's fluffy and sweet, mixed with somewhat sad. It's a short story, so it's more of a read-it-and-see sort of thing. But it's still good.

Blog Entries
    I don't think the TM wiki is that long.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    GB's thread shouldn't have been locked, this is the obvious consequence.

To try to be on topic, a -1 to FFD, because it takes sheer genius to mischaracterize Rin that badly.
    In recent news, Kyte as a disguised TF.
    Fuck you. No recs for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    Same, -1 to FFD.

You've seen all my posts as to why I think it's bad and why you should feel bad for reading it.
    Go hunt your reasonposts because I can't be arsed to do it.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    It seems to me there are still some good fanfics lurking around the net....you know the ones not found in the usual sites.

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Then rec them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Then rec them.
    Exactly.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    +1 Snow Bunnies, by Arashi Leonheart.

A one-shot, focused on Taiga, family, and Christmas. There isn't too much to say about this, except it's fluffy and sweet, mixed with somewhat sad. It's a short story, so it's more of a read-it-and-see sort of thing. But it's still good.
    Seconded, a +1 from me as well.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I save the last post I've processed and then I go through everything in one big batch. No need for find the post, I'll come across it myself.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Aaaand done.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Ted View Post
    I can't find it in my index. You'll have to gimme a writeup. What's it about and why you like it, preferably not so mixed so I can distill the former into a summary.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Do it. Seriously, do it. It's a fantastic story.
    I took the liberty of taking this as a +1

Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    This one has been hibernating for ten months, but I really enjoyed it anyway.

Title: the CONQUEST of Tokyo
    Author: Rodyle
    Genre: Humor
    Pairing: Fate/Sekirei
    Summary: Alexander the Great and Waver Velvet stumble into the Sekirei plan, and decide to have fun.
    I kinda don't wanna add this one because I just know it's not gonna go anywhere. Rodyle can't finish stories.

Then bring up the big guns: harem shenanigans with Bionicle.

Also, I'll give a +1 to "That's one way to wake Nii-san up", by Pata Hikari.
    After some months of relationship, Akiha decides to satisfy every man's fetish. Except that she didn't take into account Kohaku's deviousness, and Shiki's bad dreams.
    A short fic, with an often neglected pairing, funny, sweet and with a nice lemon. Especially because Shiki is not much of an asshole.
    It's missing a link.
    Last edited by Kyte; December 23rd, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Actually, scratch what I've said, the fic has a flaw, in that it's the only one the author has written about the Nasuverse, at least as far as I know.
    Bryn too busy recovering from getting into Gen Urobuchi's head and translating Fate/Zero for us.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the double posting, but I wished to make this as distinct as possible.

A +1 for Njeri, that I've just read and decided to be the best F/SN oneshot I know of.
    I am honestly unable to find a single fault in it. Ilya is a character that I love, and yet so very few fics are about her, and only the tiniest minority manage to catch her character duality, of lonely, abused and whimsical child and of inhumanly remote living sacrifice.
    The war setting confers an obvious poignancy to a story about people preparing for another fruitless War, and yet the author knows better than to bash his reader's head with a big, rocky message.

Without spoilering, the twist at the end is of my favorite kind, one that alters your perception of what you've read so far, and that you cannot even be completely sure that it will actually have a large impact on what is yet to come.

Actually, scratch what I've said, the fic has a flaw, in that it's the only one the author has written about the Nasuverse, at least as far as I know.
    It was good, however, I tend not to give +1's to bittersweet or just bitter works- not something I want to encourage, thank you.

The author has written about 4 other FFnet stories- all about Yu-gi-oh.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.