Page 295 of 302 FirstFirst ... 195245285290293294295296297300 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I'd like to see more of Zeroth Grader Disease, or Even if I'm not your regular hero, I'm still trying to save people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    I don't dislike them, but they feel more like Marvel and DC than Type-Moon. Simply not my cup of tea

I have such a boner for SMGW because I love Velsper's Kairi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    So Vel uploaded some of his one-shots to FFN.

Go read them.
    I'm still hoping beyond hope for more Fuyuki Nekketsu Monogatari

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    To Die Like A Human was moving.
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    There's always a bigger fish.

You could count on the MA being there to pick apart the Einzberns' corpse if the family ever truly fell.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

+1 Rust by Bloble

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    It's like my parents are showing my girlfriend all the embarrassing baby pictures I thought I'd deleted years ago.

'Tis slightly embarassing.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Neutral (+0) to Rust.

Despite the jarring comedy section midway through (and the darkly amusing circumstances of the final boss), Rust maintains a fitting and engaging dark tone suitable for its EMIYA-esque protagonist. The fight scenes and powersets of the enemies are interesting (even if bikini gunslinger as an appearance destroys my immersion).

Rust is a good story despite its flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    It's like you don't like guns, or even bikinis, which simply isn't right.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It just seemed so out of place, so blatantly anime fanservicey.

Hell, I could accept the dual-wielding Desert Eagles because that's badass. But the attire choice just annoyed me.
    canon finish apo vol 3

For once, and not to set a precedent, I agree with Leo

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    It's not the best thing of Bloble's I've ever read, and I can definitely see where the jokey middle bit and the bizarre last act could throw people off.

But it's still better than the vast majority of the Type-Moon stuff I've come across. Rough-around-the-edges Bloble is still Bloble, which is one of those usernames I see and immediately expect good things from. Hasn't let me down yet

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    even if bikini gunslinger

ZARDOZ!

A little more seriously though I kinda see where Bloble is coming from.

It was competently executed in a technical/writing sense but nobody's choices made a lick of sense, like, tactically, and there was a pretty big genre switch halfway through like Rafflesiac said. On the other hand if it hadn't swerved then it probably would have just been pretty... grimderpy, I guess?

Actually I think it would have been pretty rad as a character comedy where Shirou is trying to be a serious hero while his Nemesis is pure 80s Camp and they end up to cooperate after accidentally getting handcuffed together.

That wasn't something that happened though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Neutral rec for Rust.

I've probably been spoiled by Bloble's other works, but oh well. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Mostly, there are a bunch of jarring humor sections scattered here and there throughout the fic. Also, much of the dialogue feels kinda weird, especially during some of the fights. And so on. There were some other issues, and some strong points, but it just didn't really click with me.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If it's any help, I genuinely didn't like it. I could recognize that it wasn't bad, but I just didn't like it.

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    You bastards, I read Rust a long time ago and tried to bury my memories of it. So well I didn't recognize it until after I checked out your recommendation. In all seriousness though Rust's first half was great but as soon as
    Spoiler:
    Shinji

showed up it hit a wall so hard I thought of Macbeth in SF 64.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I usually just attribute the shift due to the procrastination panic setting in for the vast majority of contest fics.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I usually just attribute the shift due to the procrastination panic setting in for the vast majority of contest fics.
    This.

Pretty much everything after Durandal and the introduction of the three remaining Generals was written in the course of a few hours. I remember doing the Shinji fight in 30 minutes and then submitting it just in time.

Man, I could work so much wonders with a rewrite.

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    I will admit to being interested in a rewrite.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

+1 to Miracle it's a F/SN and Berserk Xover, thought even if I don't have much experience with the latter's lore and story, this fanfic is filled with awesome as Guts berserks as a berserker while actually being a false assassin and completely ignoring Caster's orders at the latter half.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!