Page 109 of 302 FirstFirst ... 95999104107108109110111114119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    Title:Tales of the Kaleidoscope
    Author: Hero Slayer
    Summary:We wander the infinite alternate realities through the Second Magic. Expect comedy.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Humor - Shirō E. - Chapters: 6 - Words: 23,550 -
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6728632/...e-Kaleidoscope
    Warning: Stalled or on hiatus.

Title:King of Blades Tricolor Swords
    Author:ArnaudB
    Summary:Shirou, newly revived boy, observed silently as not one but three girls stood before him, a blonde triplet of ethereal beauties. Entering the Holy Grail War with three Sabers who look awfully similar, the curtain raise on the horrors of the 5th War, again
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Shirō E. - Chapters: 8 - Words: 116,852
    Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7660857/...ricolor-Swords
    Warning: Chapter 6 is when things get serious, On Hiatus.
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

Blog Entries
    Please don't post bad fanfiction.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just a question, but what about these fics do you find good? Is it just that they're funny, or something about the character interactions? It would help to know why you recommended these so we can decide whether or not to try them out. All we it looks like we have is the summary the author posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    I admit I don't care for Tales of the Kaleidoscope, and I'm immediately put off by what sounds like Nerve Damage Lite from the other one's descriptive blurb.

However, I'm more concerned with the fact that they are openly dead or on hiatus. Why bother?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Weird. Did he delete his account? I couldn't find it when I looked it up.
    Looks like Leo Novum nuked his account. It's now titled Gone to Hell for Good and I cannot seem to PM him anymore.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

I'd love to know the story behind that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    I admit I don't care for Tales of the Kaleidoscope, and I'm immediately put off by what sounds like Nerve Damage Lite from the other one's descriptive blurb.

However, I'm more concerned with the fact that they are openly dead or on hiatus. Why bother?
    At least Tricolor probably doesn't have foodgasms or everyone summoning 4 servants, but that's not saying much. Then again, the premise alone suggests harem antics, which is already a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

As far as I remember, and I admit I don't remember that much, tricolor was... less bad that nerve damage. Not brilliant, or even good in my opinion, but it wasn't as awful as Nerve Damage, at least.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nerve Damage clearly doesn't take itself seriously though.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Also plagiarizes.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does it?

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Not every work that doesn't take itself seriously is allowed to pull so much bullshit. It needs to be done right.

- - - Updated - - -

Not every work that doesn't take itself seriously is allowed to pull so much bullshit. It needs to be done right.

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Does it?
    I remember hearing that it had lifted stuff from MPII. At the time, I vaguely recall investigating and finding that to be true, but my memory is fuzzy enough that I won't own to it.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It certainly lifts from Fishie's Four Swords.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I remember hearing that it had lifted stuff from MPII. At the time, I vaguely recall investigating and finding that to be true, but my memory is fuzzy enough that I won't own to it.
    This is correct, though I don't remember the particulars. IIRC the author kind of owned up to it and then kept going without really changing anything.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    So after giving it a read I too think that Saint of Zero deserves a +1. It's a little rough around the edges with the frequency of typos, but not only has research and thought clearly gone into its creative process, it is already setting up from the relative get-go what seems to be one of the central conflicts of the story: Founderism versus Christianity in a clash of ideologies, rather than the X Person/Faction vs. Y Person/Faction clashes that most ZnT 'fics choose as the ultimate focus (at least initially, dollars to donuts that maybe a direct religious war in some form is inevitable). It further deserves it's upvote because Georgius has good and, more importantly, believable characterization.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Aw, man, Leo Novum's gone?

Fate/Alter Time was really good, even if it was starting to feel rushed in the last few chapters. It was a Fate/Stay Night story with Zero's sensibilities of heaping as much misery on its cast as possible. Not to mention it had a lot of great ideas, such as Caster's wish without Soichiro as a stabilizing presence, Assassin and Shinji's interactions, Zouken's predicament, Kiritsugu still in the game, Illya's much different circumstances, et cetera. It may have been guilty of too many unicorns, but most of the changes could be traced back to a much different Fourth Grail War, which was only vaguely referred to but had just enough meat on its bones to satisfy my need to know exactly how we arrived at this bizarre Fifth Grail War.

Funny story, though. I almost wound up taking over Alter Time when it went on a lengthy hiatus and Leo put it "up for adoption." It struck me as too great a story to go unfinished. He gave me his blessing to continue the story under my account, but then his muse must have come back long enough for him to write up two more chapters.

Too bad it has all been for nothing
    Last edited by Imperial; September 10th, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Fate/Alter Time was really good, even if it was starting to feel rushed in the last few chapters. It was a Fate/Stay Night story with Zero's sensibilities of heaping as much misery on its cast as possible. Not to mention it had a lot of great ideas, such as Caster's wish without Soichiro as a stabilizing presence, Assassin and Shinji's interactions, Zouken's predicament, Kiritsugu still in the game, Illya's much different circumstances, et cetera. It may have been guilty of too many unicorns, but most of the changes could be traced back to a much different Fourth Grail War, which was only vaguely referred to but had just enough meat on its bones to satisfy my need to know exactly how we arrived at this bizarre Fifth Grail War.

Funny story, though. I almost wound up taking over Alter Time when it went on a lengthy hiatus and Leo put it "up for adoption." It struck me as too great a story to go unfinished. He gave me his blessing to continue the story under my account, but then his muse must have come back long enough for him to write up two more chapters.

Well, is his permission still valid?

To be honest, I almost droped Alter Time after Kerry killed a certain character, and I was happy when Archer started to employ his time on screwing Kerry after that. I found myself rooting for Archer. Me! I may not be The Spy, but I don't root for Archer when he is being an asshole. Except this time. A pity what happened.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Well, is his permission still valid?
    I could probably get away with rebooting it, but I don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    To be honest, I almost droped Alter Time after Kerry killed a certain character, and I was happy when Archer started to employ his time on screwing Kerry after that. I found myself rooting for Archer. Me! I may not be The Spy, but I don't root for Archer when he is being an asshole. Except this time. A pity what happened.
    That character's death was one of the moments that really cemented it as a great story in my mind, and it was perfectly valid from Kerry's POV. That person is a powerful Master who presents a danger to his family, not to mention the world if they win the tainted Grail.
    Last edited by Imperial; September 10th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.