Page 139 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3989129134137138139140141144149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Blog Entries
    It comes from the same place as all other facts like "Reality Marbles come from being really crazy", "Gilgamesh blames his mistakes on other people", "UBW makes Shirou unbelievably OP" and so on that you see everywhere in fanfics.
    Last edited by Siriel; October 12th, 2013 at 04:13 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    It comes from the same place as all other facts like "Reality Marbles come from being really crazy", "Gilgamesh blames his mistakes on other people", "UBW makes Shirou unbelievably OP" and so on that you see everywhere in fanfics.
    So typemoon.wiki?

Blog Entries
    More probably people only reading the cool parts and thus missing the point. Or, worse, only reading fanfics before writing their own fanfics.

Wiki mustn't have helped though.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
    I never understood where these people get the idea that Archer was regretted his ideal before his Counter Guardian days. (I imagine he was a lot less cynical as well since he had something to believe in)
    Hill of Swords :V

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    More probably people only reading the cool parts and thus missing the point. Or, worse, only reading fanfics before writing their own fanfics.

Wiki mustn't have helped though.
    I wish the typemoon.wiki was as good as bulbapedia or serebii.

And i second that, seems that writing fanfiction for FSN is very difficult.

At least pokemon is much easier to write if you choose to go anime on mechanics.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    Hill of Swords :V
    Damn it I like Hill of Swords, now I am not sure whether to blame it or not.

Blog Entries
    Is there even anything to sperg about in Pokemon besides mechanics shit that nobody writes ff about?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Is there even anything to sperg about in Pokemon besides mechanics shit that nobody writes ff about?
    Shipping.

edit: On second reading, it seems you referred to Bulbapedia. So, uh, there was a debate over the compartmentalisation of pretty much every page a few years back IIRC. Thankfully they went ahead and did it.
    Last edited by Leftovers; October 12th, 2013 at 05:01 PM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Horrible Shipping.
    Fixed

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Naval warfare.
    fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
    Fixed
    Well, yes, in the sense that only horrible people use the term.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Their pokedex is ridiculously thorough.
    That said TMwiki and Bulbapedia have fundamentally different natures. For one it's generally easy to find all the irrevocably canonical info on Pokemon stuff. Nasu is a wasteland of vagueness with various oasis of translations scattered here and there.

What is the general opinion here on Infinite blades? I read it, shame the fic has been pretty much abandoned (it has not been updated since January)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Idaho View Post
    What is the general opinion here on Infinite blades? I read it, shame the fic has been pretty much abandoned (it has not been updated since January)
    Elaborate? Is it that Infinite Stratos/Fate cross?

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    A link would help.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

It's the usual 'Shirou awesomeness crossover'. Doesn't help that it stopped updating just after things got interesting. For an IS x-over, I'd rather the FSN girls get into the academy instead.
    Last edited by nununu; October 12th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Elaborate? Is it that Infinite Stratos/Fate cross?
    Yes.

Might as well go ahead and post it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8133567/1/Infinite-Swords by DaGunth
    Summary: Emiya Shirou can instantly understand any weapon he sees. An IS is most certainly a weapon. What will happen when the amateur mage is thrust into the futuristic world of the IS Academy?
    Opinions: an interesting take on Shirou Emiya and his ability, and the idea of mixing Magic and Technology in particular self evolving technology.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So are you reccing this?

I certainly did read this before, though the thing that really caught my interest is when Shirou stopped beating everything and
    Spoiler:
    gets heartstabbed by a rezzed Lancer

Not exactly masterpiece literature, but if it updates, I'll still read it.

Blog Entries
    ...crap, not again!

That's the version where all of Shirou's interactions are copy-pasted from Ichika's interactions!

Believe me, fraggle wrote a better version of the story a while ago (meaning, same name, different story altogether)... and it's fortunately over here... somewhere.

...okay, actually, that was what I had read from the first chapter (and compared it to the first chapter of the Light Novels for IS). I still need to finish reading the books....
    Last edited by Xamusel; October 12th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It gets vaguely better, if you read later on. The beginning is sloppy.