Page 146 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4696136141144145146147148151156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

You told me Apostles was dead in the water :|

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Vel is one of those guys that has too many ideas and never enough time or focus to get them all done in one go. Someone should kidnap him and tie him to a chair in front of a computer, feeding him only until he gets two pages of writing done to a single project at once.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    I'd +1 Saturday Morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Vel is one of those guys that has too many ideas and never enough time or focus to get them all done in one go. Someone should kidnap him and tie him to a chair in front of a computer, feeding him only until he gets two pages of writing done to a single project at once.
    So... basically killing him by starvation?

You know, I never actually read that book.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    It would at least provide closure.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    It would be in his hands, most people don't willingly starve one less person in my conquest of the fic forum

Blog Entries
    +1 for Saturday Morning Grail War

I almost rec'd it myself some time ago, but I thought two chapters was a little premature. Then again, it's Velsper, and his track record gets him a pass. I've never read something he wrote and come away less than entertained.

But what does Saturday Morning Grail War have going for it? It's shiny and new.

Sure, we have Grail Wars and Masters and Servants and whatnot, but it's all being run through a very interesting lens I've never seen before. The setting is very dystopian in a Running Man sort of way, and his take on Kairi is both hilarious and awesome between his devil-may-care attitude and the necromancer credentials to more than earn his keep as an Enforcer. There's a palpable sense of dread hanging over a world where a bunch of Nazi sympathizer-magi have nearly unlimited power, but Velsper strikes a good balance between the setting's dreariness and Kairi's sardonic humor that it manages to be effectively chilling without becoming predictably grimdark.

As shitty as magi are made out to be in the original visual novel, it's hidden from the world, but SMGW poses the question of what would happen if the veil was stripped away and the most unscrupulous of them all rose to power. All very interesting food for thought

In fact, Velsper's Kairi and world-at-large are such fresh takes on the Nasuverse that was almost bummed to see Mordred showing up simply because I was having so much fun reading about the world that Vel's Kairi inhabits and how he reacts to it, but her hilarious exchange with Kairi and his Tohsaka sidekick (Tohsidekick?) made me realize just how much untapped potential the premise really has. It's easy to say it's just Fate/Apocrypha with the serial numbers filed off, but Vel really succeeds in taking seemingly simple or weak premises and spinning them into gold.

After all, I didn't expect The Radical Adventures of Science Shirou and the Electrical Berserker-chan to amount to anything more than cheap gags, and it is far and away one of my favorite pieces of Nasuverse fanfiction. Unless Vel uncharacteristically drops the ball with SMGW, this story is on track to pull an identical hat trick.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    You told me Apostles was dead in the water :|
    It is.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god no you haven't seen his output when he forces it. I can instantly tell how much fun/ease he had writing a given scene by how many awkward sentence constructions show up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also guys read this story. How often do you see a story written entirely in Illya's point of view? (Plus it's complete! Yay for one-shots)
    Last edited by Kyte; October 15th, 2013 at 09:09 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Not sure if this is the adequate topic but i am seeking Rosario+Vampire or Bleahc fics that are in the same level of quality and detail as Here in My Arms or What the eyes cant see both are amazing fics by the same author and i find difficult to find such quality often.

As for recs here is one i found interesting http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9319582/1/Property-Damage

In short Zelretch tweaks the Grail a bit and all servants that show up are what the author claims the most notable legends of the warhammer40k verse, causing mass chaos and destruction.

Oh and it features a brutal beating to Gilgamesh ego followed by a rather potent mind rape by courtesy of the emperor of mankind, who gets pissed at Gilgamesh antics regarding humans.

BE WARNED HERE IN MY ARMS AND WHAT THE EYES CANT SEE HAVE LEMONS, about 10% but comparing they are around if not Elf level maybe a bit less.
    Last edited by Duncan Idaho; October 15th, 2013 at 11:44 PM.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Idaho View Post
    Not sure if this is the adequate topic but i am seeking Rosario+Vampire or Bleahc fics that are in the same level of quality and detail as Here in My Arms or What the eyes cant see both are amazing fics by the same author and i find difficult to find such quality often.

As for recs here is one i found interesting http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9319582/1/Property-Damage

In short Zelretch tweaks the Grail a bit and all servants that show up are what the author claims the most notable legends of the warhammer40k verse, causing mass chaos and destruction.

Oh and it features a brutal beating to Gilgamesh ego followed by a rather potent mind rape by courtesy of the emperor of mankind, who gets pissed at Gilgamesh antics regarding humans.

BE WARNED HERE IN MY ARMS AND WHAT THE EYES CANT SEE HAVE LEMONS, about 10% but comparing they are around if not Elf level maybe a bit less.
    Well I already suggested you check out Stitches. Don't know any other good Bleach fics. And Rosario + Vampire... that's a lost cause.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

@TheInfamousMan I checked Stiches i read all the 3 chapters and while i found it good i feel is not going where it interests me, WTECS is an emotional story with little focus on the action and more on the character development, Stiches given it has a grail war setting is going i fear it will focus more on the action and less on the people, of course the end of chapter 3 was expected however i think it failed to deliver shock Value.

And Rosario + Vampire is not a lost cause in terms of fan fiction if Here In My Arms and Sworn Trough Swords are anything to go by.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Actually? He's dead on the money with that one, aside from the 'nid. Unless it's the Swarmlord. Practically every summon is a special character in the TT game, or a major figure in the fluff (The God Emperor of Mankind, who was likely Gilgamesh in the 40k verse.)

Also, it's GOD EMPEROR, not Emperor. GOt to remember he's a god before the Inquisition shoots you for heresy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    Actually? He's dead on the money with that one, aside from the 'nid. Unless it's the Swarmlord. Practically every summon is a special character in the TT game, or a major figure in the fluff (The God Emperor of Mankind, who was likely Gilgamesh in the 40k verse.)

Also, it's GOD EMPEROR, not Emperor. GOt to remember he's a god before the Inquisition shoots you for heresy.
    I'll show them my infinity +1 armour and infinity+1 sword that can burn people from the sheath.

I love the line of "The king is not a pet" "Sure keep telling yourself that"
    Last edited by Duncan Idaho; October 16th, 2013 at 12:26 AM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

Property Damage starts with Zeltrech being bored. It's automatically shit. The pointless Gilgamesh curb stomping and mind rape makes it even worse than shit. I don't even need to read the rest to know how bad it is. I recommend not giving it the time of day.

I'm not going to bother looking at the Rosario fics, but if you want a good one to read, I enjoyed He Who Fights Monsters.

And so this post doesn't come off sounding needlessly edgy, have a funny video about cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Property Damage starts with Zeltrech being bored. It's automatically shit. The pointless Gilgamesh curb stomping and mind rape makes it even worse than shit. I don't even need to read the rest to know how bad it is. I recommend not giving it the time of day.
    Ummm Zeltrech doesnt gets involved until several chapters in, plus it is interesting given the only other fic is Shirou doing curb stomping on the 40k verse.

And it was not unneeded Gilgamesh tested the patience of the God Emperor of Mankind and made him lose his temper, not to mention that for this war? Gilgamesh is irrelevant (well in this version)

And He who fights monsters is in my shit list due to some actions of Tsukune takes in particular what happens to Moka.

From my Experience if warhammer 40k is involved the Chaos Gods are manipulating everything on some level.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ummm Zeltrech doesnt gets involved until several chapters in, plus it is interesting given the only other fic is Shirou doing curb stomping on the 40k verse.

And it was not unneeded Gilgamesh tested the patience of the God Emperor of Mankind and made him lose his temper, not to mention that for this war? Gilgamesh is irrelevant (well in this version)

And He who fights monsters is in my shit list due to some actions of Tsukune takes in particular what happens to Moka.

From my Experience if warhammer 40k is involved the Chaos Gods are manipulating everything on some level.
    Ahahaha. The Chaos Gods for the most part don't give a shit except on a grand scale and even then the only one to reasonably expect in dimensional shenanigans is Tzneetch, the Changer of Ways and God of Magic, Hope, and Change.

Khorne's too busy being angry, Slannesh is doing cocane with Doomrider off a prostitute's ass, and Nurgle is with his waifu.

Though yeah the story is shit, I agree with Bloble on that one.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

So in your opinion curb stomping is fine as long as it's the verse you like doing it? Setting aside the fact that 90% of curbstomp fics are shit in the first place, there's nothing inherently better about the 40k verse stomping the nasuverse than there is about Shirou curbstomping 40k. They're both equally horrible.

And He Who Fights Monsters is probably one of the best fics I've ever read. I'd go so far as to say it's better than most of the fics on this forum. Dropping it because it takes a direction you don't like is a weak excuse at best. Dropping a fic because it kills off a character you don't like is something Mike would do.

EDIT: And in fact I have read an interesting Fate/40k fic involving Saber being summoned to the 40k verse. It's dead, sadly, but it shows that there is potential that you've missed.
    Last edited by Bloble; October 16th, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    So in your opinion curb stomping is fine as long as it's the verse you like doing it? Setting aside the fact that 90% of curbstomp fics are shit in the first place, there's nothing inherently better about the 40k verse stomping the nasuverse than there is about Shirou curbstomping 40k. They're both equally horrible.

And He Who Fights Monsters is probably one of the best fics I've ever read. I'd go so far as to say it's better than most of the fics on this forum. Dropping it because it takes a direction you don't like is a weak excuse at best. Dropping a fic because it kills off a character you don't like is something Mike would do.

EDIT: And in fact I have read an interesting Fate/40k fic involving Saber being summoned to the 40k verse. It's dead, sadly, but it shows that there is potential that you've missed.
    I'll go in order i am not a fan of 40k i know mostly squat about it, i found it by sheer coincidence and never bothered to explore much (it was due to me checking some author favorites list)

I dropped the fic for those reasons, i dislike when an author goes "Hey lets kill a pivotal character and keep going" the problem is that by killing Moka Tsukune not only has royally dug himself in a pit given that the Shunzen will be going after him soon so i dislike those kind of fics and i never said i did not like Moka, where that came from?

And the story might be shit but i still enjoy the occasional curb stomping, it's fun after you've read A LOT of manga's and manwha's where the hero gets the crap beaten to him, he gets stronger and struggles with the new opponent and then beats him only to have the crap beaten out, to see a curb stomp? is utterly refreshing.
    Last edited by Duncan Idaho; October 16th, 2013 at 12:54 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My mistake about the "don't like" part. That was a typo.

And the story isn't supposed to be about Tsukune getting his ass handed to him for killing off Moka. It's supposed to be an exploration about how humans and monsters are similar and how we're actually bloodthirsty and your environment makes you and philosophical stuff like that. There's a clear cut message there and the rest of the story is about getting the message across. It's well written, concise, everyone's perfectly characterized, and it never suffers from author bias or OOC moments. In short, it's up there with Postnuptial Agreements and Fate/Far Side in terms of characterization and development.

Or maybe I'm just fanboying a bit. I'll need someone else to confirm that it's actually good and I'm not just delusional here. 3rd guy who hasn't shown up yet: Thanks in advance.

And I disagree with you on the curb stomping issue, simply because I think you and I read different kinds of things. When I enjoy a curb stomp it's usually after the hero goes through hell to reach that point beforehand. I much prefer when the hero barely wins against all odds. One guy slapping another guy with his shiny golden dick isn't impressing me at all.