Page 141 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4191131136139140141142143146151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3142

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    +1 Toy Soldiers
    That was the fic that got me into writing TM fanfic
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    what else are we going to do

fanfiction is dead otherwise

c'mon writers do the writing thing
    I'm trying! I swear I am!

Also, +1 to Chaos Theory and +1 to Life is an Endless Dream. I'm sure I'm not nearly qualified to do that here, being a totally ignorant boob in the area of Type-MOON, but I am still an experienced fanfictionier.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Anyone can recommend something. Whether or not people believe that recommendation is worthy or not is another matter, but anyone can recommend something and have that recommendation stand in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Thaumaturgic Awakening by Xylix. It's a Worm/Fate crossover done in the perspective of the MC from Worm. Surprisingly well written considering how cringy the synopsis sounds. The story is definitely not as bad as the synopsis makes it out to be. There is only a few chapters out right now but the releases have been pretty consistent and it hasn't fallen into any of the problems prominent in some other popular Nasuverse crossover fics such as info dumps.

Lore accuracy wise it's alright. Since it is from the Worm perspective there hasn't really been enough written to show how much the author understands the Nasuverse mechanics, but so far its been pretty accurate with a couple minor things that I could ignore.

It's Darkest just before Dawn. John At Dawn's Avatar
    Eh, the last chapter was pretty divisive, I'd give it a few more before committing to anything.

Blog Entries
    I like Thaumaturgic Awakening, even though I disagree with some of the details for "EU09".
    But I also like the UBW threesome as characters interacting together. And Taylor is a character I empathize with...at least early on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I checked it out. The actual writing is fine but it falls into the old trap of feeling a bit wank-y. Specifically of the Fate crew. Spending a third of a chapter ooh-ing and ah-ing over how badass Rin and Shirou are is a waste of words, especially when it does nothing to progress the story and only exists to hype them up.

Will keep reading. Staying neutral for now.

Blog Entries
    I was alright with it until
    Spoiler:
    A Nanatsu-Yoru projection temporarily granted Taylor, for a brief instance, the MEoDP

After that, like, the writing's fine enough to keep reading if I disregard the powerlevels. If you're looking for a decently written, bit-of-a-wank-fest fic, it's not bad at all. I'll have to remain neutral as well for now.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I was alright with it until
    Spoiler:
    A Nanatsu-Yoru projection temporarily granted Taylor, for a brief instance, the MEoDP

After that, like, the writing's fine enough to keep reading if I disregard the powerlevels. If you're looking for a decently written, bit-of-a-wank-fest fic, it's not bad at all. I'll have to remain neutral as well for now.
    Spoiler:
    It didn't give her MEoDP; it just let her use Flash Sheath, sorta like the rock sword giving Shirou Nine Lives. It's elaborated on at the end of the chapter.

The story reminds me of Crosswinds of Fate somewhat, in that it does a few things that grind my gears but is overall consistent enough to overcome those minor flaws. For now at least. If we're looking for major complaints then it'd have to be...

Spoiler:
    Rin being cocky as fuck. She literally puts a death barrier around her house in the middle of a city where it could kill innocent people or small-time thieves, not to mention all the hypnotizing and mad scientist-y behavior. Taylor herself notes this though, so I'm hoping the story addresses the Fate bunch's arrogance rather than pretending they're in the right all the time. Them not wearing masks for the robbery is just plain stupid though, and Taylor should've called them out on it. It's all good and well to say you can handle it but there's confidence and then there's mountain biking without a helmet on because you think you're that good and don't give a damn that you might fuck up somehow. How this is treated might be the difference between a good story and a middling one.

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

Thaumaturgic Awakening seems decent enough even though there are a few liberty the author went with in term of the lore that I don't really agree with, but it's not to the point where it's obnoxious, not yet anyway (Nanatsu Yoru is pretty fucking close though, a really sharp knife going through Tinkertech weapon like butter is a bit of a wank considering it's not backed by MEoDP).

Still though, I still don't get why every other fics that involve the UBW 3p always have Rin going around marking her territory as a method of introduction, am I just not in tune of her characterization or something?
    Last edited by arsdraconis; June 20th, 2016 at 05:51 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arsdraconis View Post
    Still though, I still don't get why every other fics that involve the UBW 3p always have Rin going around marking her territory as a method of introduction, am I just not in tune of her characterization or something?
    She's the most mage-like of the three. Saber and Shirou are kind of... well, flat, once you get to know them. They're not really very interesting from a technical standpoint unless they're doing their Thing, whereas Rin is a very versatile character with tons of interesting things to say in every situation. As a result she's also hard to characterize and frequently authors get the subtleties wrong. For one thing, she's not nearly as hardcore as she is in this story. FSN goes out of its way to mention how soft-hearted she is, while here she's more of a mad scientist that doesn't give a fuck about things like morals or human rights.

I meant that as in where she stands in that 3p relationship. I felt like the whole mention of not falling for Shirou and their sleeping arrangement was completely unnecessary as exposition, and fall flat as humor.

But who knows, maybe I'm just getting too fucking old for harem fantasy.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arsdraconis View Post
    I meant that as in where she stands in that 3p relationship. I felt like the whole mention of not falling for Shirou and their sleeping arrangement was completely unnecessary as exposition, and fall flat as humor.

But who knows, maybe I'm just getting too fucking old for harem fantasy.
    That was a dumb joke yes, especially since Shirou in-universe has very little girl-attracting ability and is considered a hilarious oddity more-so than a viable romantic partner for most. It didn't fit at all with the story and should have been edited out.

lady killer in figurative and literal sense, contract with alaya is a gift that keeps on giving
    Last edited by arsdraconis; June 20th, 2016 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    That was a dumb joke yes, especially since Shirou in-universe has very little girl-attracting ability and is considered a hilarious oddity more-so than a viable romantic partner for most. It didn't fit at all with the story and should have been edited out.
    Doesn't he have half a dozen women not named Saber and Rin attracted to him?

Sakura, Illya, Ayako, Rider, Luvia and Taiga(Maybe?)...that doesn't count as girl attracting ability to you?

Blog Entries
    those are some definite reaches
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yes, in the setting that deliberately turns up the harem hijinks and that is supposed to be a bunch of potential existences crammed into one you're supposed to get the idea that a bunch of girls that're the only characters in the setting that are of note could like him, that's sure shocking.

Unpromised Victory, isn't it sad? CG-3m1y4's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ksho View Post
    Doesn't he have half a dozen women not named Saber and Rin attracted to him?

Sakura, Illya, Ayako, Rider, Luvia and Taiga(Maybe?)...that doesn't count as girl attracting ability to you?
    In Nasu's secret diary, Taiga has the hots for Shirou and the reason why she always keep the girls out of Emiya Residence aside of Sakura is because she wants to harvest the fruits of her ideal Genji plan.

True story bro
    Quote Originally Posted by My F/GO Collab Dream Never