Page 1 of 12 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Shatteraxia

夜属 Nightkin

Shatteraxia

BRAAAIIINS...

Quick Disclaimer: I don't own any of the works of fiction this fanfic refers to, they belong to their respective copyright holders.

Prologue:
    Up flights of stairs and along endless corridors, Ilya ran. Her flight was careless and noisy; the slaps of her foot falls and the hisses of her exhalations echoed off the otherwise silent walls. In stark contrast to her storm of movement, the Einzbern Castle seemed otherwise devoid of light or activity.

But looks can be deceiving, as she was all too aware of. Somewhere below her, in the hallways she had left behind...

For a moment she recalled the monstrosity chasing her, then immediately pushed the thought away as the horror of her first sighting exploded through her mind again. Whimpering, she redoubled her efforts to get away.

Reaching a familiar door, she shoved it open, then slammed and locked it behind her. Virtually flying across the room, she snatched up a telephones' handset and began frantically dialling.

*ring ring*

“Come on, come on!”

*click* “Hello, Emiya Shirou.”

It took all Ilya's self control to avoid screaming down the phone. “Oni-chan, it's me, Ilya! I'm in really big trouble!!!”

What? Ilya, what's wrong?!”

“I don't know how long I have; I left Berserker holding him off but I don't think he'll be able to stop him! He's trying to get me to use for the Grail!”

What?!!! Who is?!

“You've got to stop him Oni-chan,” Ilya's voice was starting to crack. “He's...horrible. If he succeeds...”

Okay, calm down Ilya, where are you?

“My castle!”

We're on our way! Is it the other me?”

“No, it's-”

CRASH!!!

At that moment, a white, hexagon patterned weapon smashed through the door behind her, spraying wood chips across the room. As Ilya recoiled in fright, the handset spun out of her hands and, in a horrific twist of fate, banged into the lever on its cradle, disconnecting the call.

As Ilya snatched the handset back up, found it dead, and desperately began redialling, the weapon withdrew from the hole it had created, to be replaced by a cadaverous face, topped by styled white hair, bottomed by a styled white goatee, and divided in the middle by an insane, demonic grin.

“HEEEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!!!”

Shatteraxia
    The sequel to Shattered Heaven
    A Fate/stay night fanfic by tesculpture

Part 1:
    An indeterminate amount of time earlier...

“Strange,” Shirou said, glancing at a clock he had recently added to the dining room. “I would've thought Tohsaka would be here by now.”

He directed his gaze at Saber and Sakura, who, like him, were sitting at the dining room table, on the verge of having breakfast. “Did she say she was going to be late?”

The response was two shaking heads.

“I don't recall her saying anything like that.”

“Could it be she's...doing another of those...?” Sakura didn't need to finish. By this stage they were all familiar with the largely unsuccessful and frequently explosive Jewelry Magic experiments Rin had been conducting of late.

“I don't know; she said she wasn't going to do any more, and even if she did, I don't think it's the sort of thing she would try to squeeze in before school,” Shirou's brow furrowed. “I hope she's alri...”

But before he could continue, there was a knock at the door. Sakura left to answer it, and when she returned, Rin was next to her.

“Morning Tohsaka,” Shirou gave a relieved smile. “We were wondering if something had happened to you.”

“Morning,” Rin murmured back, rubbing her face and sweeping a stray tress with a single hand movement. “Nothing happened, I'm just running late. Where's Fujimura?”

“She had to leave early for some sort of teacher's meeting before school.”

“And miss one of Sakura's breakfasts? That's a first for her.”

“Oh, she got around that; she took most of the breakfast with her,” Saber commented a little ruefully. “But what about you, Rin? You look unwell.”

Sitting down, Rin commenced grumbling. “Ugh. It's that stupid Servant of mine; he still won't tell me where he went when I sent him away.”

“Ah...but I mean it Rin, you definitely look sick.”

“I know, and it's his fault! I thought he was joking when he said I didn't want to know, but now he's actually refusing to say what happened to him! In the end out of frustration I absorbed some mana from his system to see if I could find out something from that.”

Rin rubbed her face again. “The mana is...weird. It's behaving in ways it definitely shouldn't, and coping with it is putting my body under strain. God knows how he survived two days with it saturating his system...”

“Will you be okay, Nee-san?”

“Yes...eventually.” Rin's expression became sad. “He still doesn't know I've done this yet. I know I could just use a command seal to force him to tell me, but...”

“You feel you shouldn't have to?”

Rin nodded silently.

As Saber reached out a reassuring hand, Shirou frowned uncertainly. “I don't know if this explains anything Tohsaka, but...when I've encountered him since he came back, he always acts...wierd.”

Rin looked up. “What do you mean?”

“Normally he's...well, you know how we are normally. But now whenever he's seen me he reacts like he's seen a ghost or something.” Shirou's frowned deepened. “It's almost like...he's scared of me.”

Sakura looked at Shirou in surprise. “You too Sempai? I've run into Archer-san a couple of times as well and he did the exact same thing. He recovered and was happy to talk afterward, but when I asked if I had upset him, he said it was nothing. At the time I didn't think it was important.”

Rin stared at the pair of them. “That's right! He does the same damn thing to me whenever he sees me, and won't say why!” She threw up her hands in frustration. “Argh, what is WRONG with him?!”

“I could try talking to Archer,” Saber spoke up. “I haven't met him since his return; perhaps he would be willing to talk to another Servant about whatever is troubling him.”

I'll be troubling him soon if he doesn't buck up,” Rin muttered, but nodded reluctantly all the same. “Anyway, let's eat. I'll feel better after that, and we'll need to get to school soon.”

“What could possibly be Archer's issue?” Shirou wondered to himself as he walked to school. Led by curiousity as well as concern about Rin, he was trying put aside his feelings of dislike for the Servant and empathise with him to see if he could figure out his problem.

So Archer wasn't telling the truth. Why?

He didn't want to.

Obviously. Why?

Most likely, telling Rin would, or Archer was worried would, hurt her more than withholding the information.

But what would hurt Rin more than being kept in the dark?

No idea. The only thing Shirou could think of that fitted that category was something digusting from the internet; not the sort of thing Archer wasted his time on.

If not that, what?

At that moment, Shirou reached an intersection, and looking to his left, saw Issei Ryudo further along the other street. Rin and Sakura had met some other girls some time ago and had shooed him away while they discussed something not for his ears, and so he made his way towards his friend, putting the issue of Archer aside.

As he drew closer, Shirou put on a standard friendly smile...that became slightly perplexed as he noticed what Issei was doing. He was standing on top of a public bench, apparently trying to see over a wall bordering the footpath. Since the road sloped up a hill and Issei was at its crest, Shirou had no way of telling what had grabbed his attention.

“Hey! Issei!” He called. “What are you doing?”

Issei suddenly turned, revealing a massive mischievious grin Shirou had never seen him use before. Shushing Shirou with a finger to his mouth, he quickly waved him over, and indicated to climb up as well.

“Huh?” Confused, Shirou did as he was asked. Surely Issei couldn't have some perverted side that liked to peek over walls he'd never noticed before?

Upon climbing up next to Issei however, Shirou found there wasn't really anything to look at, besides a view over the surrounding neighbourhood. He glanced at Issei for an explanation, and it was at this point that it registered in his head that there was something wrong with his friend's uniform. Instead of a light tan colour, it was a darker, somewhat unpleasant brown, as if the dye had come out of something else in the wash and afflicted it.

Issei meanwhile was once again staring at the view, still grinning in that strange manner, his face intense as if in anticipation of something. Noticing Shirou looking at him oddly, he nodded in a particular direction.

“Eh?” Shirou still couldn't see anything out of the ordinary; just Homurahara Gakuen Highschool, visible in the distance. “Issei, I don't understand what we're looking a-”

But before he could finish, there was a dull, distant BOOM, and suddenly the windows of one wing of the school's main building were consumed by massive gouts of flame!

“WHAT THE-?!!!” For a second Shirou could only stare in horror at the scene.

“MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”

Then a second, louder, much closer sound blasted his left ear, upsetting his balance and sending him tumbling to the ground.

Rolling over fantically, he looked up, and at last realized what the sound was.

“Issei?!”

The younger Ryudo was laughing his head off; loud mad cackling, to the point where doubling over and clutching his stomach was putting him in danger of falling off the bench himself.

“What- Issei, what's wrong with you?!” Shirou's thoughts were jumbled, unable to arrange themselves in a way that could explain what his senses were telling him. “What the Hell are you laughing for?! You...you...didn't...you can't have...done this?!”

Instead of answering, Issei suddenly jumped down from the bench and took off down the street back towards the intersection, cackling and whooping as he went.

“Hey! Get back here!” Struggling to his feet, Shirou sprinted after him. “What the Hell has got into you? ISSEI!!!”

Paying him no heed, Issei reached the intersection, slid to a stop and disapeared round the corner. Driving his legs to carry him faster, Shirou shot down the hill, banked hard round the corner-

-and nearly ran headlong into Rin and Sakura as they came the opposite way.

“WHOA! Shirou, what are you doing?” Rin cried out in annoyance, jumping backward to escape the collision.

“Where is he?!” Shirou yelled, searching with his eyes along the road behind them.

“Where is who?”

“Issei! He just ran round this corner! Where did he go?”

“Eh? When?”

“Just now!!!”

“Shirou, nobody has run around this corner just now except you!”

“No, he was just here! I saw him skid to a stop and take off in this direction! You must have passed him!”

“Shirou, I'm telling you we haven't seen Issei. We have been the only ones on this street until you appeared.”

Shirou stared at them in disbelief. Sakura meanwhile had noticed the upset look on his face. “Sempai, is there something wrong?”

“I...I don't...” Shirou began to look around himself, struggling to put thoughts into words. “I don't know what got into him. He was standing up there, looking at the school, and...it...caught fire!”

“The school's on fire?!”

“Yes! Issei was watching it as if he knew it was going to happen...as if he was pleased!

“?!”

As he spoke, Shirou lead the way back up the hill to the bench.

As they climbed, Sakura looked up at the sky. “But shouldn't there be smoke?”

Shirou glanced up, then realized she was right. When the flames had initially spewed out of the windows, they had created a big black cloud that had rapidly ascended into the sky, to the point where it could be seen over the wall. Now however, it was completely gone.

Reaching the bench, Shirou scrambled up it, and once again looked over the wall. “He was standing up here and...”

Once again Shirou broke off as he saw what was visible over the wall. Pulling themselves up next him, Rin and Sakura also looked.

“I'm sorry, which part of the school did you say was on fire?”

There was Homurahara Gakuen in the distance, open for class, bustling with students, definitely not on fire and showing no signs of having ever been on fire.

“But...I saw it! The entire wing of the school...and Issei...”

“Oh yes, I see Ryudo-Sempai!” Sakura exclaimed. She pointed at a tiny figure visible standing at the school gates, dressed in a correctly coloured uniform, apparently welcoming a group of students as they passed through.

“But...” Shirou couldn't make sense of anything. Disregarding the fact that Issei had been running away from the direction of the school when he had last seen him, there was no way he could have got all the way from here to the school in the time that had elapsed...

Turning, he found Rin staring at him with one eyebrow raised.

“Er...uh...oh, never mind;” Suddenly feeling exhausted, Shirou climbed down. “My mind must be playing tricks on me or something.”

Joining him on terra firma, Rin and Sakura followed him back down the road, continuing to study him with concern.

“Pretty weird trick...”

My contributions to the fanfiction melting pot:
    (not so) Shallow Shirou
    Shattered Heaven
    Shatteraxia - currently up to Part 18

The perils of being distracted by your coworker at the critical moment

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow, Pyromaniac Issei is funny!

夜魔 Nightmare
    Hi Tesculpture

Apparently the villains of this story is Archer and Issei of alternate reality. But this story takes place during or after the events of Fate/hollow ataraxia and more, the other villains are also Gilgamesh and Zouken?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    This is so awesome! This is so awesome, there being the sequel to Shattered Heaven that's been pegged for and years in the making.

Just one pet peeve. It's "Onii-chan", not "Oni-chan". An Oni is a demon, and an Onii is an honorific/nickname which is literally translated as "big brother" given to older young-looking men. You wouldn't call an older-sister figure "One-chan" because it's "Onee-chan."

Still, worth the wait, I'd say.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    "Here's Johnny!"

As amazing as Mirror Gil was, I wanna know what sort of a physcopath that Mirror Archer is.

Plus Pyro Issei!

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Heroes

Shirou, Saber, Rin, Archer, Sakura, Rider, Illya, Berserker, Caster, Souichirou, Assassin, Bazett, Lancer, Caren, Issei, Taiga, Ayako

Villains

Mirror Archer, Mirror Issei, Mirror Bazett, Mirror Ayako, Mirror Taiga, Zouken, True Assassin, Gilgamesh

- The story takes place after the events of Fate / hollow ataraxia;
    - Because of experiments of Rin, that ended up doing Archer stopped going that alternate reality, it is likely that it is also a cause of Mirror Archer, Mirror Issei, Mirror Bazett, Mirror Ayako and Mirror Taiga coming also to normal reality;
    - Matou Zouken possibly may have made ​​a aliance with these new villains when he felt their presence and are working together;
    - I think the reason why Mirror Ayako, Mirror Bazett and Mirror Taiga will be in this fanfic is why Archer did not find any of them while he was in that alternate reality;
    - Illya and Caster are essential to the plans of Mirror Archer and Zouken to bring back the Holy Grail (Illya being the vessel and Caster for his knowledge of System of the Holy Grail War, including how to bring him back by force);
    - Gilgamesh will also join the villains, especially with the Mirror Archer, since that he resembles Kirei Kotomine of normal reality in some things;
    - Gilgamesh will betray Caren this story;
    - Archer will start to open up more with Shirou and the others from this point;
    - The final fight will possibly occur within the cave of the Great Grail;
    - Mirror Caren will not appear this fanfic, because the characters in the alternate reality that were brought to normal reality, while it was occurring at the Holy Grail War alternate reality;
    - Mirror Avenger, if it appears, he will be within the body of Archer, after the Holy Grail of alternative reality was destroyed, which would explain why is Archer is acting weird;

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If this is a HA-like story, then would Zouken even be alive?

Also, where are you getting this from?

夜魔 Nightmare
    I suppose it after the events of Fate/hollow ataraxia for several reasons:

- The Servants are alive after the events of Fate / hollow ataraxia (except Avenger);
    - Matou Zouken was not killed in this reality, but now is afraid of Sakura, I believe that after of allying himself with his "new friends", it will start to reveal himself in this story;
    - Kotomine Kirei is dead;
    - By checking the history, I believe that pass after Fate/hollow ataraxia, take a close look to the names of two fanifcs;

Shattered Heaven - relates to Fate/stay night (Fate/route)
    Shatteraxia - refers to Fate/hollow ataraxia

It only remains to ask to Tesculpture to confirm.
    Last edited by omegasonic1005; August 9th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It does seem like it's in a HA-like reality (Sakura calling Rin "Nee-san" implies something like that), yes, but I'm not sure where you got the rest from....

In particular, Zouken hasn't even been mentioned yet.
    Last edited by Mike1984; August 9th, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Characters that Archer see in Alternative Reality, of fanfic "Shattered Heaven":

Mirror Shirou
    Mirror Saber
    Mirror Rin
    Mirror Illya
    Mirror Kotomine
    Mirror Lancer
    Mirror Caster
    Mirror Sakura
    Mirror Zouken
    Mirror Assassin
    Mirror Souichirou
    Mirror Berserker
    Mirror Avenger (Holy Grail)

Characters that Archer not see in Alternative Reality, of fanfic "Shattered Heaven":

Mirror Shinji (Dead in beginning of fanfic "Shattered Heaven")
    Mirror Taiga
    Mirror Bazett
    Mirror Ayako
    Mirror Issei
    Mirror Archer

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Plus Pyro Issei!
    This brings to my mind an entirely different scenario:

"Sure Issei, I can fix this heater for you! Just give me a few minutes."

"Mmmph mmph, huh mmm mmph!"

A post-HA-like scenario was pretty much what I was shooting for when I wrote SH. Truth be told, I mainly called this 'Shatteraxia' because I thought the play on words was amusing.
    (not so) Shallow Shirou
    Shattered Heaven

夜魔 Nightmare
    So Tesculpture, I wrote some posts wondering how would the events of his new fanfic, what do you think, I'm sure in some of these deductions?

夜属 Nightkin
    Maybe. Then again, maybe not. You'll have to wait and see!
    (not so) Shallow Shirou
    Shattered Heaven

夜魔 Nightmare
    Hi Tescupture

What if you do a fanfic where Ciel and Shiki Nanaya of MBAACC was sent to the same alternate reality where the cast of Tsukihime also have the alternative personalities, making those two think about his own lifes as tries to survive in this dark world. Mirror Arcueid will already be dead this reality. The events of this alternate reality take place on the same story of Tsukihime - Arcueid Route.

Oh why hello there, I didn't expect to see you here.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

夜属 Nightkin
    All work and no play makes Tesculpture slow to update.

Wow, two The Shining references? I've never even seen that movie.

Anyway, this next bit won't make sense if you haven't read Shattered Heaven, so be warned.

Part 2:
    Shirou was singing.

“…And believe me, I am still alive…”

He was singing and posing like an opera singer, raising his hands to emphasize his voice. A blinding light behind him sillouetted his body, making it impossible to make out his features in the otherwise complete darkness.

“…I'm doing science and I'm still alive…”

“Shut up.”

Ignoring the command, he continued to sing, turning slowly around as he did so. “…I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive…”

“SHUT UP.”

Having completed the turn, he lowered his hands to his hips and leaned forward. “…While you are dying, I’ll be still alive…”

“SHUT UP!”

Shirou kept leaning closer, his face ceasing to be sillouetted by the light, his glinting teeth laid bare by a leering evil smile. “…And when you are dead, I’ll be still alive…”

“SHUT UP!!!”

With a violent jerk Archer awoke, toppling forward as his reaction launched him away from the wall he had fallen asleep against.

It took a minute of breathing hard, looking around and cursing repeatedly to confirm and reassure himself of his current situation. He was currently at the top of the Fuyuki Central Building, having nodded off leaning against the rooftop access.

At last recovering some composure, Archer moved to the edge of the roof, leaning on it and staring out at the view.

There was no need to worry about Mirror Shirou, he told himself. He hadn’t just defeated him, he had defeated him in the most final way possible. It was just an unpleasant dream, born of an unpleasant experience.

It had been a week or so since Rin had succeeded in recalling him from the mirror reality. That had been the end of Archer’s dealings with that temporal aberration from the norm…at least, he had wanted it to be. But the truth of the matter was the experience was still haunting him now.

While his time there had only amounted to two days and three nights, in that short space of time his instincts had been completely overwritten. Now he often found himself forgetting he was back in his home reality, and reacting to seeing Rin and Shirou as if they were their evil counterparts.

And then there was him.

Archer…

I…

As desperate as Archer had been to escape that awkward moment, spontaneously disappearing with no explanation seemed more than a bit cruel. Would Mirror Gil have the strength to carry on his life without his mentor, a proper goodbye, or even clarification on his chances? Archer desperately hoped that was the case.

At the moment, however, that relationship was the least of his worries – his one with Rin was also under strain. She hadn’t taken his hint that where he’d gone was something she would be better off not knowing, instead feeling deeply betrayed by his decision not to tell her.

It wasn’t like Archer was unaware of Rin’s hurt feelings; he very much wanted to make up for them, but he couldn’t see a way forward. He couldn’t lie about it; Rin knew his signs and would undoubtedly spot any fabrication he made. Distracting her with some other action or gesture wouldn’t work either; unless he gave her what she was asking for, the rift between them would remain.

He could tell her the truth, but how did one explain something like this? “By the way, there is a version of you out there who is completely evil to the core,” wasn’t going to cut it. When he had encountered the evil version of himself (technically the younger, past version of himself, but himself nonetheless) he had experienced a sudden feeling of horror unlike anything he had felt before. He had eventually grown used to it, like everything in the mirror reality, but while it had persisted, it had been almost paralyzing in its strength. He didn’t know if it was seeing one’s evil twin in the flesh or just knowing they existed, but one way or another, he had no desire to inflict the same trauma on his Master.

And so he was stuck. He could either hurt her by withholding the truth, or hurt her by divulging it.

What a brilliant choice.

Having found no epiphany in the view, Archer pushed away from the rail and began making his way to ground level.

He had crossed the bridge over the river and was making his way back towards the Tohsaka Residence when it happened.

There was no warning of any kind; one second Archer was walking along, minding his own business; the next second his stomach had leapt up into his ribcage, done three consecutive backflips and collapsed into a black hole.

“OOOLP?!!!” Just managing to halt the tide of vomit that shot up his throat, Archer stopped in his tracks, his face screwing up in nausea and confusion.

Then, as he registered the sickly sweet feeling flowing through his body that had prompted the reaction, his eyes went wide with horror.

It was the mirror reality's abnormal mana, flowing into him from his contract with Mirror Sakura.

A link that could only exist while he was in the mirror reality.

For a moment Archer was rooted to the spot, his mind reeling at the implications of the sudden sensation.

Then his head was frantically spinning in every direction, desperately looking for something, anything, that would disprove what he knew nonetheless was true.

But there was nothing. He couldn't see any major landmarks in the street he was in; scrutinizing the buildings he could see just caused his mind to play tricks on him, unable to tell if anything was as it should be or not.

Driven to distraction by anxiety, he suddenly took off at a sprint, weaving wildly through the nonplussed pedestrians, going as fast as he could without looking abnormal.

Please let it be normal. Please let this be my imagination running away with me...

Reaching the Tohsaka Residence, he tore upstairs, nearly breaking a door down in his efforts to get it open. He needed something, something certain to be a particular way in his world; something that would tell him he hadn't gone back...

But it was no good and he knew it. That feeling wasn't a lie; the situation was obvi-

The sweaters were red.

Lurching to a stop, Archer stared at the contents of Rin's closet, which he had just yanked open. Inside, red sweaters, neatly folded, sat in stacks, each waiting for their turn to grace their owner's slender frame.

Red sweaters.

Not blue, like Mirror Rin's.

He racing thoughts brought to a standstill by this revelation, Archer registered the sickly feeling in his stomach begin to fade.

But had it ever been there? The mirror mana hadn't quite cleared from his system since his return; mayber his body had started running on a concentration of it that still remained?

Noticing his sweaty, shell-shocked appearance in a mirror, Archer straightened himself up and decided he needed another walk.

Taking a route through the shopping district, he made his way towards the river, moving through the pedestrians at a more sedate pace.

Of course, it was obviously just a flash back; just like the trouble he was having with Rin and the others. Also an indication that keeping what he knew to himself much longer wasn't going to work. Letting the idea he had somehow stepped back into a completely different universe get away with him had been foolish.

Ludicrous.

Stupid.

Beyond the realm of sanity.

This last attempt at self-assertion however rung empty and meaningless in Archer's head, for at that moment, he caught sight of the Fuyuki Bridge.

It was green.

Archer closed his eyes and shook his head.

It was still green.

This wasn't a flashback. He was definitely seeing the lime green mirror reality bridge. And now that he was concentrating again, he could feel the sickly mana supply too.

Oh God no...

But a second ago...

Spinning on his heel, Archer went rushing back to the Tohsaka Residence a second time...

...and once again, found a closet of red sweaters.

Hang on a second...

This time, it was away from the house he ran, sprinting back to where he had seen the bridge.

It was green.

It couldn't be...

Cue rapid transit to Tohsaka Residence...

...and red sweaters.

What the fuck?!

Having an idea, he began retracing his steps through town, and sure enough Archer found there was specific point where his mana supply changed. There was no warning, no gradual change, no sound; it simply snapped from Rin's to Mirror Sakura's.

Further experimentation however revealed it wasn't so much a fixed point as a random occurrence as he travelled. Sometimes he jumped back and forth twice as he redid the route, sometimes nothing happened at all. Sometimes he'd be almost at his destination; other times he'd be halfway there. There was no telling when it would happen; the only way he could stop it for sure was by standing still.

But what did this mean? Had Rin's attempt to bring him back failed? Was he stuck somehow between the two worlds? What if he got stuck in the wrong reality again? If he vanished in front of Rin, it would probably be the final nail in the coffin for the trust between them.

“GRRR...Why is this HAPPENING again?!” He growled, taking his frustration out on a nearby wall.

Okay, don't panic. It's a massive city we're in; as long as you stay away from the church and that flat Mirror Gil lived in, the chances of encountering them are minimal. The others meanwhile are at school, so you have a few hours to fix this.

At least he hadn't been spotted appearing out of thin air by anyone; that would have been awkward. So far all the transitions had occurred while Archer was relatively alone, though whether that was just a coincidence, he wasn't sure.
    With few other options, he once again began heading for home. At present, he was in the mirror reality; he'd just have to hope he transitioned back before he got to the house.

Up ahead, he spied a large crowd of people semi-organised into a queue in front of what appeared to be an icecream parlour. The street was a narrow, pesdestrian-only affair, the queue blocking its entire width. Hoping he didn't change realities just as he was passing it, he quickened his pace and prepared to excuse his way through.

Before he could reach it however, a figure elbowed his way out of the throng.

“What the...?!” Archer froze in place, wide eyed.

“Archer?” Mirror Kotomine stared back, then broke into a smile and made his way over. “Archer! You're finally back as well! It's great to see you!”

Archer tried and failed miserably to give an amiable response. “What...what are you doing here?!”

“Well...getting icecream of course,” Mirror Kotomine said explanatorily, indicating the sundae in his hand. “I can't stand spicy food at all-”

“That's not what I mean! I...I saw you... We all saw you...”

Finally twigging what Archer was getting at, Mirror Kotomine ushered him further from the crowd. “I suppose the same reason as you!”

“It can't be! I was reca......I mean, yes, most likely, but why? How can you – and I – be alive?”

The response was a shrug. “Your guess is as good as mine. Last thing I remember is Shirou grinning while he stabbed me in the chest. Next thing I know, I've woken up in the church, Gilgamesh and Miss Matou are staring at me like they've seen a ghost, and the War has been over for four months!”

“Well no wonder!”

Suddenly Mirror Kotomine smiled and held out a hand. “Listen; they told me what happened. I don't think I said this before......thanks.”

“...Don't mention it.” Archer returned the handshake but the smile he put on was hollow. This one encounter had pretty much torn it for solving his problem without being discovered in this world. Now, unless he somehow convinced Mirror Kotomine to keep it a secret, it was only a matter of time before everyone knew he was here.

Everyone.

EVERYONE.

An alarm went off in Archer's head. “Wait a second. When you said I was back 'as well', what exactly did you mean?”

“Ah...” Mirror Kotomine put on a more serious look. He began to speak, but paused as a tall, gaunt man in a white trench coat moved past, pulled along by the multitude of white dogs on leashes.

“...You and I aren't the only ones who have been ressurected. Virtually everyone who took part in the Holy Grail War is back; Assassin and his Master, Caster, Berserker, Rider, Lancer, and, unfortunately, Saber and Rin.”

Archer stared in horror. “They're all...?”

“Yep.”

The next words he was barely able to whisper. “And Shirou?”

This time however he got a shake of the head. “No, actually; Shirou seems to be the only one who hasn't been ressurected,” Mirror Kotomine gave him a grim smile. “I guess there is some justice in the world after all, eh?”

Archer nodded with a relieved sigh, and this time it was heartfelt. His nightmare hadn't come to pass.

But Mirror Kotomine still wasn't finished. “That said, I'm afraid another part of my past has come back to haunt me.”

“Eh?” Not understanding, Archer raised an eyebrow.

“A girl...named Caren Ortensia.”
    (not so) Shallow Shirou
    Shattered Heaven

夜魔 Nightmare
    From what I could understand, somehow Fuyuki Bridge now has access to the Mirror Reality and vice versa. This means that the characters of normal reality and the alternate reality will finally end up finding?

Blog Entries
    Yay this updated!

So, it looks like the two realities are starting to blend. I blame Rin.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    So, it looks like the two realities are starting to blend. I blame Rin.
    Given that Rin is about 99% certain to be at fault here, I think that's fair....

夜魔 Nightmare
    Is true. It's all the fault of Rin and now, Archer, Shirou, Saber and all others will end up paying very high in this story.