Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Vampire Rin is better at gem creation because she inherently sparkles, amirite?
    And has more blood to charge them. Not all hers, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Vampire Rin is better at gem creation because she inherently sparkles, amirite?
    Get out.

-.-
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    During middle school, Shirou suffers from chuunibyou syndrome, and goes around trying to help people and beat bad guys while pretending to be an actual superhero.

Wacky hijinks and bro!Shinji ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Sorry, saw this, couldn't get it out of my head, and now I need help with how to make it work...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpy View Post
    Fourth Holy Grail War, Kotomine Kirei summons Servant Assassin, aka Tohsaka Rin.

What would make her follow the path of the Assassin in the first place? Travelling with Shirou? Becoming an Enforcer then offering herself to Alaya?

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Trying to find a way to kill Zouken without harming Sakura?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It looks like her 4th War self rather than an older Servant Rin.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I have no idea how that would even start to work, especially when Rin heads to London without knowing what's really going on two routes out of three. Furthermore, that would be a Caster Path not an Assassin's.

...scratch that, I have some ideas, but they end badly...very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    It looks like her 4th War self rather than an older Servant Rin.
    Accident with the Kaleidoscope as she was learning it warped her soul badly and had it simultaneously drawing on the power of a Vampiric Alternate Rin. This Rin however, was an eternal child. The accident left not vampiric Rin unable to use the Kaleidoscope, but gave her the power of loli vamp, however, the more of that power she used, the younger she would get, and the longer it took for her body to revert to her original age.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qsurf View Post
    I have no idea how that would even start to work, especially when Rin heads to London without knowing what's really going on two routes out of three.
    That doesn't mean she can't find out later.

Furthermore, that would be a Caster Path not an Assassin's.
    Why? Assassins kill people, Zouken needs to be killed....

...scratch that, I have some ideas, but they end badly...very badly.
    I see....

That doesn't mean she can't find out later.
    True...but how would she find out? If I remember correctly, only two people know how the Matou Magecraft works, one is Sakura, the other Zouken.

Why? Assassins kill people, Zouken needs to be killed....
    Again, true, but your condition:
    Means that she'll need to counter the worms...magecraft times, meaning Caster path.

I see....
    *shrugs*

Sorry, but it just may be that if I figure a solid reason for Rin to find out and work out how she'll get involved, then that means she will fuck it up. Not enough experience, not enough power, no Servant / Servant suited to what needs to be done. Nothing I can think of will lead to a happy ending.

However, this would probably have Tohsaka BSOD'ing over her failure before she decides to work on her mysteries so that it something like that would never happen again. At some point, this might get her noticed by Enforcers...or they needed someone who knew their next target...scratch this sentence, way too many assumptions and stretching. =/

But basically, yeah, doesn't end well. Sakura's death is prolly the best ending of them all.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qsurf View Post
    True...but how would she find out? If I remember correctly, only two people know how the Matou Magecraft works, one is Sakura, the other Zouken.
    Well, I think Shinji does, actually, at least to some extent.

Also, she can still discover Sakura's situation, and I would imagine she would do her research before any rescue attempt.

Means that she'll need to counter the worms...magecraft times, meaning Caster path.
    I'm pretty sure that any implementation of Assassin Rin is going to use magecraft, because that's what she's good at.

*shrugs*

Sorry, but it just may be that if I figure a solid reason for Rin to find out and work out how she'll get involved, then that means she will fuck it up. Not enough experience, not enough power, no Servant / Servant suited to what needs to be done. Nothing I can think of will lead to a happy ending.

However, this would probably have Tohsaka BSOD'ing over her failure before she decides to work on her mysteries so that it something like that would never happen again. At some point, this might get her noticed by Enforcers...or they needed someone who knew their next target...scratch this sentence, way too many assumptions and stretching. =/

But basically, yeah, doesn't end well. Sakura's death is prolly the best ending of them all.
    I see....

Yeah, that sucks, really. At least she'd be trying to save her sister in the fourth war, though....

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Well, I think Shinji does, actually, at least to some extent.

Also, she can still discover Sakura's situation, and I would imagine she would do her research before any rescue attempt.
    Actually there is one other person who probably had a very good idea about what's happening to Sakura, one who happens to have a strong connection to Rin. Kotomine Kirei. From his interactions with Zouken and Kariya in the fourth war, being present when Sakura was given to the Matou, and how quickly he figured out the root of Sakura's condition when the most likely culprit was the poison she was doused in during Heaven's Feel; it seems very likely that Kotomine knew full well what was happening to his old master's youngest daughter.

In a scenario where Kotomine survives the war, or Sakura takes an active role without Zouken going for operation dark grail, or something happens to spark Rin's curiosity about her estranged sister, I could see him dropping hints in order to craft a grand tragedy starring his favorite plaything.
    Last edited by Kelnish; October 19th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.