Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Embrace tophats View Post
    now go read the 2 other comments meant for you afterwards
    Tanking a B rank NP is still impressive. Also pretty sure mana armor is inferior to having your whole body generating mana the whole time like demons and elementals are stated to be able to do.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Noble Phantasm

• Kavacha & Kundala: O Sun, Become Armor

The golden armor and earring given by Karna's mother, Kunti, who felt fear in becoming an unmarried mother and prayed to Surya to protect her son. A powerful defensive-type Noble Phantasm that emits the radiance of the sun. Because it's light itself taken shape, it is difficult to destroy even to the gods. It is integrated with Karna's body.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Tanking a B rank NP is still impressive. Also mana armor is inferior to having your whole body clad in mana, see Rider's pegasus.
    *Mama armour. as in, enchanted by the person that gave Merlin, the ultimate mage in england (or whatever garden of avalon called him) a hard time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Noble Phantasm

• Kavacha & Kundala: O Sun, Become Armor

The golden armor and earring given by Karna's mother, Kunti, who felt fear in becoming an unmarried mother and prayed to Surya to protect her son. A powerful defensive-type Noble Phantasm that emits the radiance of the sun. Because it's light itself taken shape, it is difficult to destroy even to the gods. It is integrated with Karna's body.
    which is why it is stabbed into his flesh. being "integrated" into his body doesn't mean it covers the entirety of it

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    *Mama armour. as in, enchanted by the person that gave Merlin, the ultimate mage in england (or whatever garden of avalon called him) a hard time

- - - Updated - - -

which is why it is stabbed into his flesh. being "integrated" into his body doesn't mean it covers the entirety of it
    AC isn't a thing except for when story says it's a thing. It's one of the Great Mysteries.

The armor's his skin, so if you make stakes inside of him, it doesn't matter. I don't get your point. Vlad didn't get past the armor by aiming somewhere the armor isn't, or he'd have done that. He made stakes inside Karna.

Golden Armor
    In Hindu mythology, the golden armor and earrings and the hero Karna had upon his body. Karna's mother, Kunti, feared being an unmarried mother and prayed for the armor and earrings from Surya in order to protect her son.
    A defense-type Noble Phantasm that emits the radiance of the sun itself. Since it is light itself given shape, even a god would have difficulty destroying it, and Indra put in the effort to render it unavailable to Karna.
    In the myth, Indra took the form of a Brahmin and visited Karna's castle. He approached Karna when he was taking his holy bath and said, "I wish to receive the things you carry."
    Karna had sworn not to refuse the request of a Brahmin made during this time. While aware of Indra's trap, he accepted this request and handed over the requested item, the armor that was his only proof of his lineage.
    While it was taken from him in the myth, as a Servant, Karna still possesses it. While it appears massive, it's an invincible armor that disregards physics and concepts to curtail antagonistic interference.
    As long as he wears it, the damage Karna takes is reduced to one-tenth.

Check out the last part, I like that one the most
    Last edited by Zurvan; February 21st, 2016 at 07:04 PM.

Banned
    one tenth of getting stabbed in the skull is still bound to hurt

Pretty sure it's not meant to be any different than Saber's, Gawain's or any other knight's generic armor. It's not even a low ranking NP.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

one tenth of getting stabbed in the skull is still bound to hurt
    Very true, which is probably one of the reasons he would block or avoid such hits. That doesn't mean its a weakspot in the armour.
    Then again, are you arguing that a headshot is a critical hit? Because in that case, I misunderstood
    Last edited by Zurvan; February 21st, 2016 at 07:13 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I don't know, as much as I think Dio is an awesome villain, I might give this fight to Achilles. For one thing, it IS possible to strike Dio before he can activate the time stop, and Jotaro nearly killed him twice exactly by punching him really hard, before actually killing him by, once again, punching really hard; plus, both times Dio got seriously wounded, he actually needed to drain someone's blood to recover, something which might not be available for this fight.

Then again, apparently vampirisation bypasses Achilles' invulnerability, so Dio could just drain his blood? Either that, or, assuming he can recognise he's fighting Achilles, go straight for the heel.

since when can Dio fly?
    He does it when chasing Joseph, and later when fighting Jotaro. Considering Stands are basically a form of telekinesis, I don't think it's far-fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Never actually stated, as far as I'm aware.
    Not explicitly, but I think it's a probable assumption, considering alternate Diego's time freeze doesn't last as long as Dio's (at least after Dio's drained Joseph's blood), and also that his Stand doesn't seem to be as physically powerful.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    AC isn't a thing except for when story says it's a thing. It's one of the Great Mysteries.

The armor's his skin, so if you make stakes inside of him, it doesn't matter. I don't get your point. Vlad didn't get past the armor by aiming somewhere the armor isn't, or he'd have done that. He made stakes inside Karna.
    he tried it, which is what i have been saying. it is just that the guy he is fighting just happens to be a fighting god. the stakes inside him worked just as well, so he went with that.

just one of the instances where he aims for it:

As Lancer of Black thrusted his spear at the crown of his head,Lancer of Red splendidly diverted it away with a sweep of his own spear as if he couldn’t even feel the damage from the stakes stabbing into him

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Someone said that DIO can just regenerate from any wounds and he'd be fine, but did you forget how long it takes when he gets blown up. There's way more than enough time to finish him if you can actually incapacitate him.

The hard part is actually doing it.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Pretty sure it's not meant to be any different than Saber's, Gawain's or any other knight's generic armor. It's not even a low ranking NP.
    Isn't Saber's armour actually different from the other ones exactly because it's created by Prana Burst?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Back up is stated to be based on the opponent. Not all opponents are equally strong just because they are of the same type. I don't know where you got the idea she'll get the same amount of back up regardless of the Servant she is fighting.
    She wouldn't get any backup, her base stats at 30% are above Servants.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Banned
    Very, which is probably one of the reasons he would block or avoid such hits. That doesn't mean its a weakspot in the armour.
    Then again, are you arguing that a headshot is a critical hit? Because in that case, I misunderstood
    the other parts of his body can endure Siegfried's blows. if getting hit in the head kills him, then it is most definetly a weakness.

Even when he fights Siegfried, it is stated that a moment's distraction will lead to him losing his head or siegfried losing his heart (not sure how he would do that honestly, maybe just click the "strong attack" button since spamming the "quick attack button" has already drawn blood?)
    Last edited by Embrace tophats; February 21st, 2016 at 07:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I don't know, as much as I think Dio is an awesome villain, I might give this fight to Achilles. For one thing, it IS possible to strike Dio before he can activate the time stop, and Jotaro nearly killed him twice exactly by punching him really hard, before actually killing him by, once again, punching really hard; plus, both times Dio got seriously wounded, he actually needed to drain someone's blood to recover, something which might not be available for this fight.
    Jotaro did that with his own FTL spirit punchman, while Achilles isn't FTL.

And with the exception of the final strike (in which DIO's leg was already wounded) the only times Jotaro landed a punch on him were by taking him by surprise, which Achilles can't do because he can't move in stopped time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Someone said that DIO can just regenerate from any wounds and he'd be fine, but did you forget how long it takes when he gets blown up. There's way more than enough time to finish him if you can actually incapacitate him.

The hard part is actually doing it.
    Exploding him and stabbing him with a spear are slightly different levels of damage.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    90% damage reduction doesn't mean aiming for the head is any worse a idea. We know one weakness of the armor is that it doesn't stop internal damage, but nothing says that the his head is vulnerable. Just an obvious place anyone should be cautious about.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Not explicitly, but I think it's a probable assumption, considering alternate Diego's time freeze doesn't last as long as Dio's (at least after Dio's drained Joseph's blood), and also that his Stand doesn't seem to be as physically powerful.
    In-universe, DIO's ability to move in frozen time is attributed to his 'right' to rule time and is confidence and habit based, which is why it gets better as he gets closer to winning.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    90% damage reduction doesn't mean aiming for the head is any worse a idea. We know one weakness of the armor is that it doesn't stop internal damage, but nothing says that the his head is vulnerable. Just an obvious place anyone should be cautious about.
    VS siegfried fight: "if karna gets distracted for a moment, he will lose his head"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Jotaro did that with his own FTL spirit punchman, while Achilles isn't FTL.

And with the exception of the final strike (in which DIO's leg was already wounded) the only times Jotaro landed a punch on him were by taking him by surprise, which Achilles can't do because he can't move in stopped time.

- - - Updated - - -

Exploding him and stabbing him with a spear are slightly different levels of damage.
    "if berserker even scratches me, the top half my body will paint the forrest". pretty sure getting hit full on by the 2nd greatest greek badass would do something along the same lines

the other parts of his body can endure Siegfried's blows. if getting hit in the head kills him, then it is most definetly a weakness.

Even when he fights Siegfried, it is stated that a moment's distraction will lead to him losing his head or siegfried losing his heart (not sure how he would do that honestly, maybe just click the "strong attack" button since spamming the "quick attack button" has already drawn blood?)
    Honestly Tops, losing your bloody head is usually with servants insta kill, and one tenth of insta kill is still, you guessed it, insta kill. All I'm trying to say is that damage to his head will be reduced to a tenth its original value. But your head is more important to defend than your pinky toe, so even a fighting god will protect his head. I mean if you cut of Karna's limbs he's gonna lose the battle, that doesn't mean his limbs are weaknesses in his armour.

Banned
    one extra thing, that i just read by accident:

hough, even when faced with an enemy with a Noble Phantasm of that level, Lancer of Red was still easily a match for a thousand of them. Without paying any care to the stakes that stabbed countless times all over his body from his feet to his right shoulder to his left flank to his elbow, neither his movements nor his strength changed at all.
    but not his head for some reason

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly Tops, losing your bloody head is usually with servants insta kill, and one tenth of insta kill is still, you guessed it, insta kill. All I'm trying to say is that damage to his head will be reduced to a tenth its original value. But your head is more important to defend than your pinky toe, so even a fighting god will protect his head. I mean if you cut of Karna's limbs he's gonna lose the battle, that doesn't mean his limbs are weaknesses in his armour.
    oh, i'm sure Christemo will still find a way to prove you wrong

- - - Updated - - -

ok, good night. i'm sleepy now