Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Least favourite servant?

JP Friend Code
    nezha for spooking me and having a shitty character designer.

maybe fat caesar(well he's not that bad really)
    updated 2019/1/10

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    If you're using a Fate base, then Achilles had to use his fite me irl field to get him to stand still long enough to stand and fight.

While he was a mostly upstanding guy, he also came across as an incredibly petty person who only wanted to fight when he had the upper hand.
    To be fair, who the fuck would fight Achilles if he didn't make them? The guy who you literally can't even scratch unless you're god-born, the canonically fastest hero of humanity, the guy who, in Greek myth, comes in second only to Heracles himself.

But yeah, I'd like a far more fitting design for him- actual Greek war hero, not scruffy old dude.

There aren't many Servants I actually dislike, but I do dislike a bunch of designs & design choices:

Boudicca, holy shit the only way they could've made her more of a generic H-doujin game protagonist would be if they made her Brave Liz, but they didn't even have the balls to go that far and make it a joke or a reference.
    Parvati, Nezha. Meh art. I don't know what it is, but it just looks generic as fuck.

Shuten & Raikou, but only because Raita apparently doesn't know the purpose of a spine. If it weren't for those stupid stick-out-your-chest-and-arse poses they'd be amazing.

A lot of the early Servants. They were basically made as one-note jokes, and while some of them are handled better later on (Caesar talking people out of their Christmas presents is a great one, Blackbeard and his admiration for Drake in Okeanos), there are a whole lot of really colourless ones.

Beowulf. He shoud've been what GoW Kratos is. The full-bearded muscular monster of a man. The Jojo reference is half-arsed at best, and I really thought his NP was gonna be him ripping his opponent in half or breaking off his weapons inside the enemy. And why does he get blacker each ascension, it's weird.

Orion. I'm in Atalanta's boat here, I'm fairly sure Artemis isn't supposed to be some lovestruck bimbo, but then, the Greek gods always were a touch more Lovecraftian than the other pantheons. Shapeshifting's probably in all their repertoires.

Siegfried. The armour & hair are overdesigned, and make him look like he got rejected for the part of the Four Kings. Also why is the one bloke who doesn't need it the most armoured bloke in the series?

ROMA. What even is that design. The Y pose was a great design choice, though.

Jack. Kinda. It makes a certain amount of sense that she'd go with the prostitute lingerie, given her origins, but it's still an off-colour design choice.

Holmes. Not in his design, though the missing hat is a travesty. In his presentation- the dude was a druggie, a sociopath, probably had some kind of attention deficit disorder to boot, considering how often he was bored and high as a kite. He's more hungry for stimulation than Cu is for a fight, how does he fit into the Ruler class?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    :rareprism:
    Nero

- - - Updated - - -

wow useless forum can't even ruby icons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Holmes. Not in his design, though the missing hat is a travesty. In his presentation- the dude was a druggie, a sociopath, probably had some kind of attention deficit disorder to boot, considering how often he was bored and high as a kite. He's more hungry for stimulation than Cu is for a fight, how does he fit into the Ruler class?
    His single-minded, incorruptible desire to discern the truth and the correct outcome IIRC

Also he's still kind of an asshole who withholds info until it's most dramatic to reveal
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Most people who know a lot don't want to spoil the stuffs for the green master. Gilgamesh for example
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    To be fair, who the fuck would fight Achilles if he didn't make them? The guy who you literally can't even scratch unless you're god-born, the canonically fastest hero of humanity, the guy who, in Greek myth, comes in second only to Heracles himself.

But yeah, I'd like a far more fitting design for him- actual Greek war hero, not scruffy old dude.

There aren't many Servants I actually dislike, but I do dislike a bunch of designs & design choices:

Boudicca, holy shit the only way they could've made her more of a generic H-doujin game protagonist would be if they made her Brave Liz, but they didn't even have the balls to go that far and make it a joke or a reference.
    Parvati, Nezha. Meh art. I don't know what it is, but it just looks generic as fuck.

Shuten & Raikou, but only because Raita apparently doesn't know the purpose of a spine. If it weren't for those stupid stick-out-your-chest-and-arse poses they'd be amazing.

A lot of the early Servants. They were basically made as one-note jokes, and while some of them are handled better later on (Caesar talking people out of their Christmas presents is a great one, Blackbeard and his admiration for Drake in Okeanos), there are a whole lot of really colourless ones.

Beowulf. He shoud've been what GoW Kratos is. The full-bearded muscular monster of a man. The Jojo reference is half-arsed at best, and I really thought his NP was gonna be him ripping his opponent in half or breaking off his weapons inside the enemy. And why does he get blacker each ascension, it's weird.

Orion. I'm in Atalanta's boat here, I'm fairly sure Artemis isn't supposed to be some lovestruck bimbo, but then, the Greek gods always were a touch more Lovecraftian than the other pantheons. Shapeshifting's probably in all their repertoires.

Siegfried. The armour & hair are overdesigned, and make him look like he got rejected for the part of the Four Kings. Also why is the one bloke who doesn't need it the most armoured bloke in the series?

ROMA. What even is that design. The Y pose was a great design choice, though.

Jack. Kinda. It makes a certain amount of sense that she'd go with the prostitute lingerie, given her origins, but it's still an off-colour design choice.

Didnt tought about Holmes hat. He certnaly would look better with it, and a coat

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Eddyak basically just covered all the bases.

Except for Artemis. Her personality's wrong, which is correct of him to say, but apparently, she actually isn't supposed to look like a prepubescent girl. That threw me for a loop...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, right, I hate Carmilla for being self-gratifying in her lack of self awareness, and Shuten for how she's basically legit pedophile bait.

Let's cut poor ol' Boudicca some slack. She at least looks pretty good once she hits her third ascension. Hell, I ascended her immediately after pulling her just to make her put some goddamn clothes on...

I agree that Raikou needs significant reductions. I feel as though the boobs were intended to make her look motherly, but her 'motherly face' makes me think of a stripper.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    His single-minded, incorruptible desire to discern the truth and the correct outcome IIRC

Also he's still kind of an asshole who withholds info until it's most dramatic to reveal
    He was a Caster, but upon joining Chaldea he was changed to Ruler (by the world iirc, maybe wrong) to remind him that he is the mediator (Ruler) of the truth, that he shouldn't spoil shit for readers, that he is the ultimate dicktease for the writers to abuse any time they feel like, that he better shutup with all the lores until Nasu gives the OK sign.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Eddyak basically just covered all the bases.

Except for Artemis. Her personality's wrong, which is correct of him to say, but apparently, she actually isn't supposed to look like a prepubescent girl. That threw me for a loop...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, right, I hate Carmilla for being self-gratifying in her lack of self awareness, and Shuten for how she's basically legit pedophile bait.

Let's cut poor ol' Boudicca some slack. She at least looks pretty good once she hits her third ascension. Hell, I ascended her immediately after pulling her just to make her put some goddamn clothes on...

I agree that Raikou needs significant reductions. I feel as though the boobs were intended to make her look motherly, but her 'motherly face' makes me think of a stripper.
    Raikou scares me

Boudica is best nee-san
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Jack.

Holmes is an irregular Ruler chosen by the planet (apparently) instead of the grails. He decides what truths can and can't be revealed. In that sense he would be very impartial given the current event had him willing to let people die for the sake of keeping a mystery on course. Honestly he's been a great presence in the story.

US Friend Code
    I quite like Jack's backstory and powerset, but it's a shame about her design.

I can't really think of any Servants I outright don't like. There are ones I find boring like Medea and Boudica, and I think Nero's obnoxious, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate them. I guess Jalter? Part of it is I just don't like tsunderes, and part of it is that admittedly irrational "too many people are loud about liking this thing so I don't like it" feeling.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If we're talking character designs, I really hate Scheherazade. Like everything they messed up with with Boudica, only without the excuse of the game still being pretty new. And it pisses me off even more because I love 1001 Nights.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Oh yeah if we want to go into designs there's plenty to list. Scheherazade definitely at the top.

Jack is an interesting concept ( if its about the serial killers , i take her over Gilles any day).if she was always with her GO cloaked look it would be near perfect

Also, it was not my intention but the thread is mostly about designs now, lol. But i will not complain, visuals are a very legit reason to not like something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I quite like Jack's backstory and powerset, but it's a shame about her design.

I can't really think of any Servants I outright don't like. There are ones I find boring like Medea and Boudica, and I think Nero's obnoxious, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate them. I guess Jalter? Part of it is I just don't like tsunderes, and part of it is that admittedly irrational "too many people are loud about liking this thing so I don't like it" feeling.
    Agree about this . I dont "hate" Jalter but i dont see the hype about her. Im a vanilla jeanne guy like you

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Jack is an interesting concept ( if its about the serial killers , i take her over Gilles any day).if she was always with her GO cloaked look it would be near perfect

Also, it was not my intention but the thread is mostly about designs now, lol. But i will not complain, visuals are a very legit reason to not like something
    I can't think of any Servants who I hate on concept alone. At worst they aren't fleshed out enough or have stupid designs.

EMIYA for everything that he is.

And Nero and everything about her. They're both at the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Liz and Astolfo too. Astolfo for being a trap and annoying, and Liz for being annoying.

And their voices make them doubly annoying.

unpopular opinion, Takao ( boudica, parvati and Nezha guy) style does not bother me. I kinda like it, talking about the faces, mostly, i agree that Boudica could use a different clothing

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I'm curious, do you dislike EMIYA as a character or for what he represents thematically (the dark side to Shirou's hero of justice ideal)?

And Nero and everything about her. They're both at the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Liz and Astolfo too. Astolfo for being a trap and annoying, and Liz for being annoying.

And their voices make them doubly annoying.

could you expand on EMIYA?

And Astolfo is other one that i dont "hate" but also dont share the hype

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'm curious, do you dislike EMIYA as a character or for what he represents thematically (the dark side to Shirou's hero of justice ideal)?
    Both.

Plus the Counter Guardian thing. And the Unlimited Blade Works thing, and no, it's not because of wank and fanfics. I just don't like it.

Both.

Plus the Counter Guardian thing. And the Unlimited Blade Works thing, and no, it's not because of wank and fanfics. I just don't like it.
    could you expand more? XD