Page 220 of 302 FirstFirst ... 120170210215218219220221222225230270 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Those are the same guys that for some reason start talking like orks later right? Damn that was stupid.
    haha really?

God, that is hilarious.

EDIT:
    • Fanon: More than a few reviewers of the work on This Very Wiki have commented on it almost replacing the theoretically "correct" version of events, in their minds.

oh tvtropes, never change
    Last edited by Guy; February 7th, 2014 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

Blog Entries
    Are we still talking about the fic, or regular NGE?
    Shinji in the original only started getting really bad in the end stretch, and by that point Gendo didn't care if he collapsed as long as the last Angel died first.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    haha really?

God, that is hilarious.
    Like I said, been a while.

But I can't think of where I could have gotten that idea if it didn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

oh tvtropes, never change
    And people wonder why their community is mocked.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Even if I conceded for Shinji (and I'm not), there's no excuse whatsoever for Asuka, who was done for from the getup.
    Asuka had a really high synch rate.

Can't compromise that.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Angels died in 100% of their attacks on Central Dogma.

Job well done, everybody grab a beer.

(I guess we could also stop the derail. Let's do that.)
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Flawless management, and inspired tactical direction, so Misato gets two beers.
    "What is the difference between two or twenty?" - Misato
    Shirou looks at a butter knife and his brain thinks "yupp, that's a weapon, off to my RM you go."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    (I guess we could also stop the derail. Let's do that.)

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up on that fic Siriel, I will be sure to avoid it.

And to steer things back on track...a +1 for Chaos Theory (if I haven't already given one). I may disagree with Moczo's characterization practices at times, but I am quite enjoying the clusterfuck.

There are other recs I want to do, but I want to catch up to the stories before I do them.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    +1 Remember.

From what I've heard, the "Archer in the 4th war" premise is supposedly common, but this (and Want and Need ) is one of the few enjoyable ones. It does have a few flaws (mostly brought up in Seika's review), but it's still enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    What is EMIYA's objective here? Is it his usual cosmic suicide? Then he should go and use his Independent Action skill to locate pre-Shirou and kill him.
    Technically, if the Fuyuki fire never happens, Emiya Shirou will never exist, so it kind of counts as his suicide.

Blog Entries
    You are talking about the guy who saves kittens on his free time, you seriously think that he would not try to stop the fire?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You are talking about the guy who saves kittens on his free time, you seriously think that he would not try to stop the fire?
    Does anyone have a video or translation or anything of that part? I keep hearing about it.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Did you read the part about Sakura yet?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    These are the kinds of people watching Madoka and calling every character stupid, irrational and overly emotional.

When they are all 14 year old girls.
    My problem with Madoka is it's kind of a reverse SpaceBattles: it's not that they mess up, it's that they all mess up so perfectly as to derail the plot to the worst possible outcome. It's like they are hyper competent, except at fucking up. Kind of like Gil and how he acts at the end of UBW. At that point you think, "Well, the author just needed things to go this way to make his plot go where it went" rather than it feeling organic. You can't just handwave every single little thing with "lol they're 14" anymore than "lol Shirou's dense" and "lol Gil's careless."
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    The author derailed this accurate portrayal of girls in the Madoka Universe to serve the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    I think that it would be pretty nice if the author had his protagonist do something that isn't """sarcasm""" or lolpownage.
    Now, I agree with you.

I was mostly just nitpicking :P.

Zouken too. He humiliates Kariya, ignores Shinji and puts poison in Sakura's food.
    Guy's a joker.
    Don't remind me of Zouken the punnisher. I really pitied that Sakura and that Shinji. I mean, I usually pity Sakura, but that Sakura had it worse. It was a Zouken that was constantly making bad jokes and puns instead of just worm raping her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rgal View Post
    Or at least it seems easy for author. Not so for reader. Especially when author makes his characters swear by Root or something.
    (Speaking about which, -1 to In Flight. Am I in the correct thread?)
    Ayup, you are. This is just the classic "Beast's Lair derailing". It even includes some Sakura, so it is a true clasic derailing!

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I hear a lot about that fic, what sucked about it?
    In my case, it rubbed me the wrong way. I couldn't even finish the first chapter. I found it too stupid, and the worst is that I can't really point the reasons why I did.

You forgot that before Shinji had the powers he was able to intimidate bullies with Warhammer.

Because if they call you a nerd the best way to defend yourself is proving them right.
    Then again... This is exactly when I droped the fic. But even before that, it rubbed me the wrong way.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe not everything in general, but you can handwave all of Gil's fuckups with "lol carelessness" because it's the only reason why he would ever lose.
    That's not true. You can handwave all of Gil's fuckups because that is a core part of his character. If you removed Gil's pretentious broadsword-stuck-up-his-ass arrogance then you'd have... Ko-Gil who is literally a different character in personality. It makes complete sense and is in-character for Gil to underestimate people he considers unworthy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Does anyone have a video or translation or anything of that part? I keep hearing about it.
    IIRC someone had said it's from F/HA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

Blog Entries
    Darn, seems like we spent the whole day doing it.
    Pretty much haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Then again... This is exactly when I droped the fic. But even before that, it rubbed me the wrong way.
    Me too.

Blog Entries
    If the fic ends with Shinji being a schizophrenic in his bed, I'll read all of it.