Page 64 of 158 FirstFirst ... 14545962636465666974114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3142

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post
    They turn on you so fast once you don't post the updates on BL...
    FWIW, I made up my mind on this after attempting to read his latest chapter on FFN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    IIRC Shirou was minding his own business, trying to take a bath, and out of no where Illya shows up flirting with him. Then Saber shows up and Illya plays innocent causing Saber to think Shirou was going to take advantage of Illya. It felt really forced.

This was just the beginning scene.
    Last edited by GhostDIGIT; April 11th, 2015 at 12:38 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It was actually so bad that I had to skim through it

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can't really say anything negative or overly positive about fanfics, as I take what I can get, but Chaos Theory has lost its pizzazz.

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    I enjoyed the Ilya stuff, personally. The rest of the chapter was just Caster Alter and Sakura though, and they both get a resounding 'meh.'
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's too simple and clear. It definitely can't be the right answer.
    It has to be something that makes no sense at all so we can say that Nasu is wrong.

They turn on you so fast once you don't post the updates on BL...
    Huh, I thought it was the other way around?

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    A negative vote to Chaos Theory.

It started well, that much is undeniable. But the longer the story goes on (and the longer Moczo takes to update between chapters), the more the flaws become apparent. Caster Alter is a large one; her EVIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL histrionics and antics quickly overstay their welcome, as well as her awkward yuri, and due to her status as Moczo's favorite character has survived many situations she shouldn't have. Another is Saber's partial blackening, a hackneyed plot development at best that is a pale representation of HF events and completely ejected me from the story as he unceremoniously disposed of Berserker. A third issue is Shirou's lack of agency. While HF had thematic reasons for delaying his development of fighting ability, those reasons have not been expressed in Chaos Theory, leaving him a glorified battery whose primary purpose is being the punchline to Rin and Saber's increasingly unfunny disdain.

Chaos Theory started well. However, its myriad flaws me ejected from the story entirely, and I cannot recommend the disappointing experience of seeing a good fic go bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost132435 View Post
    IIRC Shirou was minding his own business, trying to take a bath, and out of no where Illya shows up flirting with him. Then Saber shows up and Illya plays innocent causing Saber to think Shirou was going to take advantage of Illya. It felt really forced.

This was just the beginning scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    It was actually so bad that I had to skim through it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Actually he has always written Rin purely as comedy Rin.

I skimmed through the latest chapter because for the love of God I'm not reading more of Caster Alter without getting paid first. And a a a h it's so funnyyy... Saber is acting all stuck up and indignant about Ilya... a a a h...

Still I won't give it a-1 because I think it's excessive to forget the mostly good stuff written so far.

and also because we have obnoxiously elaborate rules for assigning a -1 and i cbb to effort-post about things that i dislike
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephirin View Post
    I enjoyed the Ilya stuff, personally. The rest of the chapter was just Caster Alter and Sakura though, and they both get a resounding 'meh.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Yeah the Ilya stuff is still alright, no denying that but it's honestly not enough.
    Did you all make sure to give your feedback in reviews to the story? Did you make sure of telling the Author about the flaws and giving some helpful suggestions, it would be beneficial to the story.
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

Blog Entries
    First scene with Illya was disappointingly generic, though amusing.
    Second scene with Illya was much better, imho.
    [edit]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_Fic_Reader View Post
    Did you all make sure to give your feedback in reviews to the story? Did you make sure of telling the Author about the flaws and giving some helpful suggestions, it would be beneficial to the story.
    Yup.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; April 11th, 2015 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    FWIW, I made up my mind on this after attempting to read his latest chapter on FFN.
    Yeah..... the Ilya factor is getting significantly more..... pronounced.

Also, the story really has slowed to a crawl.

It's not enough to make me go to a neutral or negative rec just yet, but it is enough to for me to say that one should exercise caution when reading past the Gilgamesh fight.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't signed into my FFN account in over a decade and have no intent to do so in the near future
    Last edited by Megas; April 11th, 2015 at 07:43 PM.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    I haven't signed into my FFN account in over a decade and have no intent to do so in the near future
    I know this feel. I cringed when I decided to start doing FSN fanfiction and had to go and cleanse most of my old stuff.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    First scene with Illya was disappointingly generic, though amusing.
    Second scene with Illya was much better, imho.
    I'll second these. The first IllyaxShirou scene had that love-it-or-leave-it Moczo-brand comedy. Littered with. The bonus of. Sentence fragments. All throughout. And topped with a healthy dose of Pseudo-Alter at the end. It wasn't irredeemable, but I sure think it could've been done better.

The second scene felt like more of an emotional payoff for what had been building up over chapters, which made it stand out and up above even more in an otherwise lackluster chapter. Considering that those developments are what I originally came/stayed for and they delivered, I'm still okay with it.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't believe Mozco can save this mess even if he tried, especially considering how much he likes Caster Alter.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Actually I'll accept Christemo because otherwise I wouldn't be able to latch onto Rafflesiac's review as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Because everything he says is 100% true and CT has been sucking quite a bit for the last few chapters.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually no that'd make me a hypocrite.

Caster is a plot tumor that needs to die already, with crappy forced yuri, the whole Saber situation is really really damn cliche, Shirou is both useless and a unfunny buttmonkey to the whole Ilya situation, Rin is completely lacking her other qualities, the story feels increasingly padded out and it keeps piling up shit to the point just resolving the plot feels like it'd break SoD.

- - - Updated - - -

It's got the same problem as the nanoha fic where his pet characters get shoved front and center no matter how grating they are and it keeps piling increasingly ridiculous AND THINGS GOT WORSE developments to the point you stop caring because things got so ridiculous any possible dramatic tension is now gone.

Blog Entries
    I don't even remember/see now where the negative needs a review thing is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Hell, if they're there they managed to beat a system almost specifically designed to give any story a positive score (+1s are easier than -1s, you can't add something to the list if you're not recommending it, etc). They deserve to be there.
    This was the easiest allusion to it I could be bothered to find, since searching all of Kyte's posts requires me to care more than I do. Esepcially when the forum software won't recognise a search for "-1".

Oh, sod it, that's a lie. I can always be bothered to spend excessive time on minor things of very little discernable value.
    Just to avoid problems, I think I'll ask for elaboration on the disrecs. Y'know, so people can see why others think is bad.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Wow. So I guess no one likes Chaos Theory now....

.....it's just like Path of the King, why do they have to go bad in he middle! ;_;

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Quote Originally Posted by Renko View Post

.....it's just like Path of the King, why do they have to go bad in he middle! ;_;
    I wouldn't say nobody likes it, and to our knowledge Moczo doesn't have plans that are anywhere near as crazy as Neoalfa's.

The recent chapters, especially since Sakura's yuri with Caster Alter started, have been less quality than the previous chapters, thus we have criticism.

Like Bloble said, the previous chapters are good enough to hold up my recommendation, but I really hope he can turn the story around somewhere soon.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    why do they have to go bad in he middle! ;_;
    Because the beginning and the end are straightforward and the middle is where the plot is at risk of stalling out due to basic story structure dictating that it's the time at which the greatest amount of characters are in play.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Oh, god not this again.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost132435 View Post
    Oh, god not this again.
    What do you mean "this" again?

And as to my stance on any fanfic, wait until the end comes out - whether its good should probably depend on if the "bad" parts of the story make sense when take in as part of a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    IDEA:
    Alternate-UBW end, Kotomine wins, Shirou dies with Gilgamesh.
    Rin and Saber have hot lesbian sex as the world burns down around them.
    "I've never been with a woman, Rin."
    "Neither have I."
    "I've never been with a man either."
    "Well, just think. What would Emiya do?"
    "What do you-"
    "Exactly!"

------
    This is the way the world ends
    ------
    "So, what do you say? Don't want to die a virgin, right?"
    "But Rin, you are not-"
    "Just shut up and fuck me!"

------
    Not with a whimper but an "OHGODOOOOOHHRIGHTTHER-"
    ------

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It's got the same problem as the nanoha fic where his pet characters get shoved front and center no matter how grating they are and it keeps piling increasingly ridiculous AND THINGS GOT WORSE developments to the point you stop caring because things got so ridiculous any possible dramatic tension is now gone.
    This is probably Moczo's biggest issue with his long-length fics. It's what made me drop Infinity.