View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Decided to go through with learning Japanese.

I have been waiting to find useful vocabulary resources before diving in headfirst. But it's become clear that I'm just procrastinating.

I think learning the grammar should give me enough of a foothold for my chosen method of learning that I can just look up everything else.

The plan is to finish with katakana, basic grammar, and radicals. Then proceed with brute-force reading until I remember the rest. This should make it a little bit less boring than just grinding anki ...
  2. Self-Teaching Japanese

The Japanese-only release of Remake has got me thinking about learning Japanese again. I have already built up a range of online and offline resources to to help me with this.

I have a few minor advantages going into this:
    - I have already taught myself hiragana to the extent that I can read anything written in it at a moderate pace, and have made good progress with katakana.
    - I am already familiar with some linguistic terminology and the IPA because of my conlanging hobby. ...
  3. Tsukihime gba rom!

Some days ago i found and posted here gba roms of Tsukihime and Kagetsu Tohya, however only Kagetsu worked without problems on gba emulators.
    But, today i found a gba rom of Tsukihime that works pretty well in gba emulators! Imagine if someone puts the translation in the Tsukihime rom before the remake comes out hahaha that would be funny
    here's the link: ******************file/fdEw1bhS#xLr465...lS52dfwx3ymorc
  4. Nihongo Adventures Continue

Learning katakana slowly but surely. Able to at least introduce myself as an international/college student. Had temaki sushi this past weekend at a party. Nothing really spectacular as far as moonrunes and moonspeech go.