View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Another success

by , January 25th, 2014 at 10:20 AM (Space Captain Katsura's Academic Blog (and more!))
    I just received e-mail that my second essay got A grade too, and I finished cinematography course with highest grade. I'll delay publishing here my earlier essay which also got highest grade until I get the second essay back.

The second essay is about comparing Monty Python and the Holy Grail with Life of Brian.

I'll likely call Blog entries and/or threads devoted to my essays Unlimited Essay Works since I really like writing essays and I could go on and on if I had ...
  2. My essay was received well.

by , January 21st, 2014 at 03:37 PM (Space Captain Katsura's Academic Blog (and more!))
    I got back my essay on comparisons between 2001: Space Odyssey and 2010: The Year We Make Contact from Professor Andrew Tomlinson whose course on cinematography I attend. I got flat A, and Professor praised my essay a lot, to put it mildly. He liked that I approached the topic as a movie critic rather than from the perspective of movie theory, and noticed things that were genuinely new to him. Needless to say, it is cool to surprise positively guy who is Ph.D in the field of cinematography and is ...
  3. The Suicide of Julius Caesar

After doing quite a lot of reading, I've come to the conclusion that the assassination of Julius Caesar may have, in fact, been a strategic suicide on Caesar's part, a reversal of the plot of Cassius Longinus and Junius Brutus. I believe that Caesar intended this suicide after some contemplation as a pragmatic method of creating an empire or ensuring lasting political power in Rome.

I'll write up a full pseudo-essay later on, possibly tomorrow.
    Categories
    Uncategorized