Page 131 of 440 FirstFirst ... 3181121126129130131132133136141181231 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 8782

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Wandering Cultivator Wan Dering'cul Tivator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Hey wandering cultivator, can you elaborate on your thoughts on wiracocha and what ideas you have for the Andean age of gods?

Are you open to taking servant ideas or doing lostbelt servants? I have a Mordred idea.
    I haven't read up much on Andean Gods yet, but 100% would include something about the massive Quipu libraries that used to exist (the massive loss of knowledge from the Conquistadors mass bonfires should contribute a massive load of Mystery to any pre-Colombian American Servant)...at least in my opinion

also it'll be a hot minute until I get my second submission for the Contest out, so once that is done I'm open to working on other sheets (of course I'm always open to discussing Servants here while I procrastinate~)
    Last edited by Wan Dering'cul Tivator; April 7th, 2022 at 07:34 PM.
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Autumn Tinder Kindling Fire
    Ash Enriching Earth

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    What are your thoughts on grand saber Heracles? Do you have any ideas related to Heracles?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    perhaps there is a common trend of themes around the beasts and grands. Like Beast VI seems to be a "Cityeater" we have a Grand that embodies a "city creator". We have the first of something as Beast II and the first Assassin.
    Considering that Beast I could very well be under the idea of "composite" a composite Grand like Hood may be possible.
    but thats just a showerthought
    Beast I, who cannot be defeated by servants, faces one who activates his self destruction,
    Beast II, who knows not death, faces one who grants her death;
    Beast IV, a beast, was meant to face the most famous beast hunter;
    Beast VI, who can swallow a city with her tide, faces against one who survived the biggest and oldest tide.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    perhaps there is a common trend of themes around the beasts and grands. Like Beast VI seems to be a "Cityeater" we have a Grand that embodies a "city creator". We have the first of something as Beast II and the first Assassin.
    Considering that Beast I could very well be under the idea of "composite" a composite Grand like Hood may be possible.
    but thats just a showerthought
    I think it's more due to Grands being chosen to counter specific Beasts. Having similar concepts or origins but different outcomes is a nice way to write contrasting characters.
    That said, I do think they might be specifically mirroring the... I don't even know what to call it. It's not their sin but their... category? Anyway, the things that define their number. Due to Fou and Koyan (nature, animals) measuring up against Merlin (Proto Monster of Gaia??) and Orion (hunter); Nero (cityeater, collapse of civilization) to Roma (civilization builder) or Noah (survivor of collapse); Tiamat (life) to Hassan (death); Goetia (immortality) to Solomon (mortality)...
    We don't really know the categories of Beasts other than IV so it's hard to be sure.

That said, I love the composite Grand Archer Robin Hood idea, since they did made Robin Hood a title worn by multiple people and then never cared to deal with the concept again.
    Last edited by pinetree; April 7th, 2022 at 09:32 PM.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 10:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    In my theory i tried to argue with the general concept that was introdiced earlier. The common foundation behind the seats. (Animal, nature) and (city eater) were the confirmed oned I saw. To me I would say (group) or whatever one should call is an aspect of I because no other Beast has his trait yet. Instead of (Life) for Tiamat it could be (Beginning) of something. The sin is apparently chosen from this foundation seen from IV being either comparison or treasurement.
    So I do not mean to talk about the thematic counters to specific beasts I mean the underlying concepts behind them.
    Weird to explain but thats nasuverse for you
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I headcanon it like:

I -> Rogue human creation -> Needs the creator to fix it -> Grand Caster created
    II -> Life -> Needs death -> Grand Assassin created
    III -> Has mental attacks that are instawin buttons against rational beings -> Needs to be countered by someone irrational -> Grand Berserker created
    IV -> Animal, nature -> Needs to be hunted -> Grand Archer created
    V -> ????? -> Needs a big fucking sword to the face -> Grand Saber created
    VI -> City eater -> Needs someone who can escape to safety -> Grand Rider created
    VII -> Texture deleter -> Needs someone who can use that pole that holds the texture in place -> Grand Lancer created

Blog Entries
    i especially love the 5th.

let me copy your headcanon. thank you.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

So I have an idea in my head that I wanted other people's opinions on. How well would a Julius Caesar avenger work I'm think he would be one considering how he died? But I'm think for it to proper work he would probably need to be an alter

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    The main issue I have with this is that as a theory goes it's pretty unverifiable in some aspects. In the case of Beasts I, II, V, VI, and VII we either have only seen one qualifying member of the group, or in V's case none at all. This also clashes with existing information in that Prototype Arthur is supposed to be seeking out and hunting Beast VI, not V (assuming excalibur is associated with those who hold grand Saber class).

Beyond such it relies on the assumption that each of the 7 Beasts is set or predetermined, this theory would imply Beast I was already predetermied to be Goetia even before it became the first beast and thus Grand Caster and by proxy the caster class was molded based on the idea of someone who can beat Goetia. As mentioned prior while each "class" of beast may share similar aspects (beast the IV being monsters, Beast VI being based on Biblical opponents and enemies of God, etc.) It's near impossible to verify that in the case of those like I, II, much less V, and as for VII I fail to see what good a pole that holds a texture in place is when specifcally there is no texture to begin with (I don't think something that holds X together works if there is no X to even begin with).

Beyond such not all beasts in the same class behave the same. Looking at Beast IV "Fou" had a nature of comparison and it's unclear who would have opposed him and his abilites seem to be growing strong enough to match his foe or growing stronger based on how many humans there are (something to that effect), "Tamamo Vitch" had a nature of Treasuring and could control beasts and create a reality marble where humans couldn't exist or survive (I think, I'm not that clear on Tunguska). Although we never see her Taigong Wang mentions Daji, seems to think the new Beast IV is Daji, and thus implies that she may qualify as Beast IV. Her nature is collapse, and no idea on what her powers are.

Another issue is that if this theory was correct then Taigong Wang, someone who hunted and sought to beat Daji should at minimum qualify for Grand Archer. But he doesn't, taking his word at face value he qualifies for Grand Caster and Grand Rider, meaning that clearly not all Grand Riders counter all Beast IV (or maybe Daji counts as Beast VI? who knows.) Even then where would Merlin fit in does Morgan, Uther, or Artoria count as possible Beast I canidates, as they are the only things I can think of people or things he "created" that he could maybe try to fix.

Pretty well in theory.

Avengers come in two flavors

"Those born from hatred speak of love... and they would show compassion after experiencing cruelty." and "Those born from love speak of hatred. Those who experienced happiness meet their end through betrayal."

I'm pretty sure Julius Caesar who was symbolically betrayed by the Roman people who forced his hand to split with his wife and son due to the rumors about Cleopatra seducing him, or his betrayal and murder would count as making him qualify for being an Avenger.
    I was more going based off the event of his death with the Roman people betraying him. But the other could work as well I really like the idea of this. I'm probably going to work on it later. I have some time. I think it could be really cool contrast to how we see him as a saber

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Hey Fortuna, quick q, how's your Grand Saber Heracles, Grand Rider Maui, and Grand Lancer Viracocha coming along? How's their personality? Skills? NPs?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The main issue I have with this is that as a theory goes it's pretty unverifiable in some aspects. In the case of Beasts I, II, V, VI, and VII we either have only seen one qualifying member of the group, or in V's case none at all.
    Sorry, I'm really not seeing what's the problem here. Being unverifiable is the whole reason why the post exists. I wouldn't be filling the blanks with my own ideas if there were no blanks to be filled.

this theory would imply Beast I was already predetermied to be Goetia even before it became the first beast and thus Grand Caster and by proxy the caster class was molded based on the idea of someone who can beat Goetia.
    Not at all. I even worded it as "Rogue human creation" instead of "rogue magecraft" to open room for science-based Beast Is, inspired by Sutaa's iconic Beast I atom bombs sheet.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 10:07 PM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So this is just one Idea I'm toying with based on extrapoling information from Typemoon (Butterfly magecraft), other materials (Nioh 2, Kuon, Sekiro, etc.), and tradtional folklore (Golden Silkworm Princess).
    You...I like you.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Poor jishara. Having their question ignored.

Blog Entries
    I was working on a Servant for the submission and just realized that setting up their build would make a lot more sense if they were a half-fairy half-human. So far the only example of that I could find in Nasu-verse was Melusine/Fairy Knight Lancelot. While I was reading up on her lore it didn't seem like their were any requirements for a hybrid being born other than powerful parents (and one being human and one being fairy). Do you guys know if I am missing anything (like it requires an eclipse; the blood of a god; or for the mother to say Jugemu Jugemu Gokō-no surikire Kaijarisuigyo-no Suigyōmatsu Unraimatsu Fūraimatsu Kuunerutokoro-ni Sumutokoro Yaburakōji-no burakōji Paipopaipo Paipo-no-shūringan Shūringan-no Gūrindai Gūrindai-no Ponpokopī-no Ponpokonā-no Chōkyūmei-no Chōsuke's name in one breath)?
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Melusine isn't half-human and even her being half-faerie is debatable. She's a pure-blooded dragon more than anything else.

Morgan, on the other hand, is both human and faerie. She also calls herself a witch, while Beryl's mother, a confirmed witch with a human son, calls herself a faerie. So I think it's somewhat safe to assume that the witch species are the half-human half-fae you're looking for. Does your character make sense as a witch? (Or a witch's son in case he's a man)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Melusine isn't half-human and even her being half-faerie is debatable. She's a pure-blooded dragon more than anything else.

Morgan, on the other hand, is both human and faerie. She also calls herself a witch, while Beryl's mother, a confirmed witch with a human son, calls herself a faerie. So I think it's somewhat safe to assume that the witch species are the half-human half-fae you're looking for. Does your character make sense as a witch? (Or a witch's son in case he's a man)
    okay my bad then, it was just that the wiki said:
    Her name as a fairy is Melusine. A fairy transmitted in France, also called Melisande. The heroine from a story about a "human–animal marriage", which often became a theme of folklores since ancient times. A half-human, half-fairy beauty possessing the lower body of a snake and dragon wings. A fairy born from a human father and a fairy mother.
    about Melusine and had no other results for half-fairy, but I'll check out Morgan and Beryl now.
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan Dering'cul Tivator View Post
    okay my bad then, it was just that the wiki said:
    That’s because the wiki is explaining the IRL legend of Melusine in that paragraph, of whom FK Melusine shares the name but is almost certainly not the same fairy that Richard is descended from.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)