Page 41 of 148 FirstFirst ... 31363940414243465191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Blog Entries
    Does it still count as introducing yourself when you're a slowpoke and finally get around to doing it 40 posts in?

Long-time T-M fan who likes watching and lurking, but got ensnared by wanting to post silly Servant ideas after reading about lots of neat ones in stories and RPs here, and hasn't yet contributed much else of merit to mention. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseLogic View Post
    Not so long time lurker (I've lurked... a few months, maybe?) who finally decided to register. I've never been part of a forum community before, so this is a new thing for little old me. Battle Moon Wars introduced me to Type Moon, Fate Extra renewed my interest so I could learn more, Carnival Phantasm hooked me, line and sinker. So ah... hi everybody!!!
    /Hello!~

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    Does it still count as introducing yourself when you're a slowpoke and finally get around to doing it 40 posts in?

Long-time T-M fan who likes watching and lurking, but got ensnared by wanting to post silly Servant ideas after reading about lots of neat ones in stories and RPs here, and hasn't yet contributed much else of merit to mention. ^^;
    /Hello!~
    Trapped within my fierce desire, resistance is futile. Screaming for your life, nowhere to hide,
    Tonight we cross the line, your innocence is mine!

Welcome Everyone~

There's nothing wrong with killing someone, even if you like them.

Sniggles!

Had an account during the age of Proboards, floated around for a bit then left. Now I'm back.

I am Nobody's Place. Hello all.
    Miles and miles distant though the grey line be,
    And though thy soul sail leagues and leagues beyond,
    Still, leagues beyond those leagues, there is more sea.~

Blog Entries
    Welcome back!
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Place View Post
    Sniggles!

Had an account during the age of Proboards, floated around for a bit then left. Now I'm back.

I am Nobody's Place. Hello all.
    /Hello!~
    Trapped within my fierce desire, resistance is futile. Screaming for your life, nowhere to hide,

Yello everybody! I've been lurking for a couple of months now, and I've decided to sign up in case I feel the need to say something. I first got introduced to Type-Moon by wasting my life on TvTropes and reading some fanfiction.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffee View Post
    Yello everybody! I've been lurking for a couple of months now, and I've decided to sign up in case I feel the need to say something. I first got introduced to Type-Moon by wasting my life on TvTropes and reading some fanfiction.
    Welcome to the Jungle, comrade.

Blog Entries
    We've got fun and games.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    We've got fun and games.
    At first I read that as "fun and dames". XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, we do!

Quote Originally Posted by Toffee View Post
    /Hello!~

Blog Entries
    Hey look, another troper. Welcome!
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Hello, I'm me. Just posting here in an effort to stop being a lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDemio View Post
    Hello, I'm me. Just posting here in an effort to stop being a lurker.
    /Hello!~

hay, from what i've read here i'm going to assume this is the introduction post since there's no dedicated board and some forums i have been on have a dedicated post for introductions...and i need to make one because......not sure, it's a habit, probably a bad one, anyways, here i go (hope the character limit doesn't kill me......or any members who hate long reading)

I'm Troy "Memor-X" Memor, i normally go by the name Memor-X everywhere but some places dislike - or whatever so sometimes i'm Memor, Troy Memor, whatever, ofcause Troy "Memor-X" Memor isn't my real name but it's close to a normal name people can use without me revealing who i am

i am an Otaku Gamer....is Australia....yep, i get the shite end of the gaming stick despite the fact we should be paying $70 for game and not $100+, still, i was happy to pay $140 for Final Fantasy XIII-2 crystal Edition and i get alot of my PS3 games from the UK where i can get them for $30 brand new still in their wrapping and any codes with them is unused (i would know, got one with a PSN code and one with a Square Enix Members code and both worked), anyway, i mainly like RPGs, JRPGs mostly because they have great stories unlike WRPGs but WRPGs like Mass Effect, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout are good.....but the last 2 have mechanics that pick them up, Mass Effect has a kick ass story, i also have a bit of a problem of being over immursed in game so i end up feeling what the character feels....sometimes pain from combat but mostly emotional stuff, reason why i also cry in Final Fantasy VII with Aerith dies

in terms of anime, not really fussed but if there is very gorey insanity inducing violence there has to be a reason, Elfen Lied, the scene where Lucy kills those kids, i normally would not approve seeing her puppy get beaten to death like that but it's there for a reason as it was the trigger that turned Lucy into who she is but there's this anime someone at University showed me, subbed only, showing these kids just killing each other for god nows why, don't know the name but there's a scene where a girl is using this torture machine that rips her nails out and she's using it on herself and another where another girl gets a knife, puts the butt of it againt the wall and then slams the side of her head into it repeatedly...something like that has no sense and i would never watch it normally.

I rather Dubbed anime over Subbed but some anime i would watch subbed but only if they aren't heavy on storyline, like Panty and Stocking with Gaterbelt (because apart from 4 episodes...maybe 6, there is no plot), i download anime but for good reason, if i'm going to pay $100 for the entire series it better be good, so i download anime and if i like it, i will buy it, even going over what i need, i had Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 for over a year downloaded and when i had the money i went and brought all 4 limited edition boxes with the manga, there is some anime i won't download cause i know they'll be good, so far that stands at Black Cat, Speed Grapher, Trinity Blood and Ergo Proxy......at least that's what i got planned to buy when i get more money.

I'm also a programmer and up and coming Game Developer/Designer, my group is The Mema Hunters.....not big now but we're working on our first game, but it's only me and a friend but that's fine for now with our first game Nexis Core: Chain of Shadows. we have a pre-demo released to download on our website and a stable version patch for it and currently we're working on the patch that will make the pre-demo work for a Steam-like program we've built (and by Steam-like i mean that the program was supposed to combine a PS3's look with a 360's achievement system but the idea grew overtime), after that we plan to rebuild the game from scratch with improved cutscenes and better system (since some of the systems are badly coded and there's a better version of the engine we're using now being developed now and it has a feature i wanted in Nexis Core but the code required a SDK which has a habit of bugging up the battle system because the SDK is stupid)

anyway, how i came to this place.....well i got Fate/Stay Night from a friend at university and i loved it, first Visual Novel i ever played and very immersive, when i completed Fate i wanted to know what happened to Sabre so i went onto Wikipedia and learned about Fate/Hollow (and all the rest), i went onto Visual Novel Database and got lead to the VN Translations....wiki...thing (sorry i can't see it as a Wiki, it's more like a Dev Blog but instead of using a Blog Host or Blog Software like Wordpress the webmaster's used MediaWiki....nifty use for it but i wouldn't really agree with the choice but that's my opinion). i really want to play Fate/Hollow in English cause i'm not too good with Japanese since i never continued to study it after Year 8 in High School (because i didn't know it went for the full year and listed it wrong on my subject selection form and Year 10 needed year 9 as a pre-requisite) and that both VN Translations and Wikipedia says it's months after Fate/Stay yet it's the 5th Holy Grail War which is what Fate/Stay was in anyway and the apart of it being after Fate/Stay has to be right as Avenger is in it and if it was an alternate story to Fate/Stay, Avanger could only be born so quickly if Sabre and Berserker died earlier and then was used to slaughter every Servent within days since Bazzet has Avenger in the 5th day....anyways, i want to know what happens

yeh, sorry it's long but it's a habit, a bad one like a monkey on my back, problem is that this is real and there's no monkey on my back....it's on my head, anyway, that's me.....hi
    <MHO BANNER COMING SOON>
    Rin: O unholy one, transcended down from the darkness of Whako-Pulse
    Sabre: hollow being, walking upon mortal ground filling gluttony's sin
    Sakura: tainted soul, you face penitence from the holy virgins
    Rin: Repent! *Crystal arm forms* Crystal Magic Crest, MARAIN!
    Sabre: Repent! *Sword forms* Reborn Holy Sword, EXCALIBUR!
    Sakura: Repent! *Black Dress forms* Corrupted Avenger's Gown, DAE'ANGRU!
    Rin, Sabre and Sakura: in the name of the 13th, Aura, Death to the Hallowed Queen

daily dose of despair <3 Ruu-tan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Um, hello everyone. I am assuming this is the introductory thread since I just can't find the usual board for this sort of thing. Ah, so..Pleased to meet everyone, I'm called Ruu-tan. It's a nickname from my close friends IRL, and I do like the sound of it. I'm a high school student in her final year who enjoys drawing, reading and browsing the net among all things.I was introduced to TYPE-MOON franchise through the Fate anime, although I tend to shelf the memory away except for some favorite scenes. From there on, I started researching into the world of Fate, and to an extent TYPE-MOON. Sadly, my poor internet connection means I will never be able to download the VN unless I wished to invoke my parents' wrath upon me. Eh, anyway I happened to come across Beast's Lair while checking out TV Tropes' Fanfic Recommendations. I swear that place is the gateway to many boards... Anyway, I hope to enjoy my stay here. Pleased to meet everyone! (^ ^)/

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Err, Hey everyone. I'm not really a newbie here since I've been lurking and then posting since September 2010 (OMG its been a year @__@) but I guess I'll introduce myself since I just found this thread.

As usual, I came upon the visual novel via TVTropes, although it was somewhat delayed. I liked F/SN simply due to its modern artstyle. Its nothing like the crowded or stuffed full drawing styles like Death Note, or Van Hellsing. (I know they're not bad animes but they're not my type). Full Metal Panic and the VN Princess Waltz also have a similar simplistic style as well if you couldn't tell.

Currently I'm writing two fics in the FF section of BL while occasionally doing drive-bys of other threads. IRL I'm a recent Comp. Eng. graduate who enjoys writing (odd aint it?).

@ Memor-X: Good luck with your game design ^_^
    @ Ruu-Tan: Pst, its called Torrenting. You can torrent bit by bit so your parents dont know :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruu-tan View Post
    PENGUIN DRUM
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

daily dose of despair <3 Ruu-tan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeeeees~!
    (I just can't pass up such a moe pose~! x3)