Favorite Wrestlers

1 The Undertaker
    2 Edge
    3 Rey Mysterio
    4 Kane
    5 Big Show

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    ......I have a new project then. Time to indy/puro/lucha this board up....

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    DO IT, KENTA
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Oh dear lord.... *facepalm*

Gundam, you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into

IBooBies

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Well, my dick just went Beast Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Evangelion 3.33, Your Boner Can (Not) Rise

Blog Entries
    I cant believe kenta-chan was not the one to start this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    When I first saw i I thought he did

IBooBies

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Well, my dick just went Beast Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Evangelion 3.33, Your Boner Can (Not) Rise

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, you guys would think that. But I didn't. So there. But now, it's time to post some kickass matches.

First up is Sangre Chicana vs MS-1. This is some old school lucha, but my god it's not what you expect. From the get go you get a brutal war of two guys who just hate each other. A shame old lucha is so much harder to find, because this is just fantastic, despite the video quality.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

This one's a great intro to Puro, that is Japanese Wrestling. Hard to believe it's 20 years old now. Here we have two teams of three. Jumbo Tsuruta, a longtime vet of All Japan and arguably the greatest wrestler ever, leads a team of Masanobu Fuchi and Akira Taue. Fuchi is the longest reigning Jr. Heavyweight champion in All Japan history, and has one of the longest reigns as champion this side of Lou Thesz. He's fairly brutal, and just a grumpy old man. His specialty is tieing people into knots and doing generally uncomfortable things. And last is Taue. He's a young Sumo who rapidly rose through the ranks in All Japan. He's the weak link on Tsuruta's team, but still shows huge potential and will do anything to win.

On the other side is the team of Toshiaki Kawada and Kenta Kobashi lead by Mitsuharu Misawa. Misawa is trying to dethrone Tsuruta as All Japan's Ace. One year prior, after taking his mask off as Tiger Mask II, Misawa pinned Tsuruta at the Nippon Budokan. It was by far the most important match Misawa had ever had. At this point he's moved on from being a high flying Jr. Heavyweight to a Heavyweight bruiser who can throw strikes with anybody. Kawada is a rival to Misawa dating all the way back to High Schoo(no really, AJPW is awesome like that) He hasn't had nearly the success of Misawa, but when it comes down to it he is more brutal than anybody else in the ring. Famous for his stiff kicks and jaw dropping suplexes, Kawada comes off as a stoic but when angered releases more emotion than anybody could imagine. And finally we have Kobashi. He's the youngest in the ring, and it shows. Kobashi debuted in 1988, and lost more than 60 matches in a row. However, with each match he seemed to come back stronger and fiercer. You can't keep Kobashi down, and if you try he'll just stand back up and kick your ass. Truly a fiery man, Kobashi relies on chops and a few very effective suplexes. He also has a moonsault that, if it can connect, will put most men down for the count.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Todays match is Go Shiozaki vs. Kazuchika Okada. In Japan there are 3 big promotions. All Japan(the smallest now) New Japan(the biggest) and NOAH(the one that's shrinking daily). Generally speaking, when you're at an event for one promotion, you cease liking the other promotions. Shiozaki is the Ace of NOAH. That means he is the BEST they have to offer. Okada is a young lion, which means he hasn't been wrestling long. Young lions are known for their black trunks, and the fact that they only ever beat each other...unless they're moving on. Is this the time for young Okada to move on to become a regular member of New Japan, or will he be stuck as a young lion forever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp534jfXlmU

And todays "Stan Hansen" moment is when he absolutely kills these nobodies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvII_AQoOXI

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I admit I really liked the old school WWF (Back when it was actually WWF) and Triple AAA Lucha. Ahh, I can remember some of the all-time greats that adorned my childhood and adolescence as I watched them on TV.

WWF

* Hulk Hogan - To me, one of the biggest wrestlers to ever grace the ring
    * Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake - One of the few guys who Hogan would call a real pal. Not bad as a wrestler
    * Jake 'The Snake' Roberts - Never trust a snake! One of the all-time best heels and someone you don't want to mess with.
    * Bret 'The Hitman' Hart - Took levels of badass as he got over with the fans and was quite skilled. Still one of the better wrestlers of his era.
    * Randy 'Macho Man' Savage - OOOOOOOOHHHHH YEAH! Also, he was one of the few wrestlers who was very faithful to their lifelong significant other (Miss Elizabeth).
    * Ravishing Rick Rude - Pretty handsome heel and a good fighter before moving on to the WWC
    * Ultimate Warrior - Who hasn't heard about this guy? He truly had the heart of a warrior and had his share of the most bloody battles in his career.
    * Papa Shango - Didn't see him much, but he was freaky as hell. It's a pity for him that many people consider him one of the worst wrestlers/gimmicks ever.
    * Shawn Michaels - A big-time hearthrob and wrestler. He really took off after that infamous break-up with Marty Jennety.
    * The Undertaker - Still fighting after all this time, and still the most intimidating and toughest wrestlers I've ever seen.
    * Andre the Giant - I still remember you, Andre. u_u
    * Ted 'Million Dollar Man' DiBiase - Loaded on money and talent; one of the best of the bad guys and notable for trying to buy off Hulk Hogan from his title at one time. And that laugh.... His former servant Virgil is also remembered a bit.
    * The Legion of Doom: One of the best wrestling duos in their day. Just try to beat them. BADASS.
    * Big Boss Man: Liked him when he used to go at it as a wrestling cop. Kinda lost track of him after a few years.
    * Mr. Perfect: Another big time heel, and a rather good looking one too! Also, he was immensely skilled and he's still remembered pretty well as one of the finest champions for the Intercontinental Title. This was back when that belt actually meant a lot because it certified you as a main eventer and all. Now it's just a lost trinket.

I'll add more as I remember them, and the Triple AAA wrestlers will also come next.
    Last edited by Chaos Greyblood; August 10th, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    My thoughts on those guys, because I can't help but comment on everything.

* Hulk Hogan - Huge name 10 years ago. Now he's a sad shell of his old self
    * Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake - Ed Leslie is god damned hilarious. Especially because of how far he got with such little talent.
    * Jake 'The Snake' Roberts - I really wish Jake was sober. Damn good.
    * Bret 'The Hitman' Hart - A bit of an ego, but not bad. Also, he was never in a tag team with HBK. ;_; at remembering Owen.
    * Randy 'Macho Man' Savage - OOOOOOOOHHHHH YEAH indeed. Love me some Savage. DIG IT!
    * Ravishing Rick Rude - *sprays cologne*
    * Ultimate Warrior - To quote him, "Queerin don't make the world go round." Crazy bastard.
    * Papa Shango - Hilariously cheesy, but I know a few people who were terrified of him as kids....can't blame 'em.
    * Shawn Michaels - One more match Shawn....please?
    * The Undertaker - Big SOB should be dead by now(PUNS EVERYWHERE!) but damn can he still go.
    * Andre the Giant - Anybody want a peanut?
    * Ted 'Million Dollar Man' DiBiase - Gotta love the gimmick. Too bad his son sucks.
    * The Legion of Doom: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH WHAT A RUSH!
    * Big Boss Man: He was in some terrible shit, and everything outside his AJPW run is horrendous, but he was kinda fun too.
    * Mr. Perfect: We miss you Curt, too bad you did so much fucking coke.

Blog Entries
    It's all good, man. It's a good idea to shoot thoughts here there and everywhere. More wrestlers!

* I.R.S.: Not a bad wrestler and he did make a great team with DiBiase. Didn't see him that much, but he was tough as nails.
    * 'Hacksaw' Jim Dugan: Not bad, but things change with time. I liked his wooden beam he carried, though.
    * Sergeant Slaughter: Big bad mofo with a badass moustache to go with him. Big as life.
    * Earthquake: A whale of a heel whose large build is something you don't want to be squashed under.
    * Tugboat: Started as a face, but then became Tsunami and had a nice tag team-up with Earthquake.
    * Sid Justice: Remembered best for betraying the Hulkster... and just as well when he got what came to him.
    * The Bushwhackers: Good duo, though oddly enough I don't remember that much about them.

Now for the Triple AAA...

* El Hijo del Santo: One of the biggest legends ever. Truly worthy of his father's mantle despite making his turn as a face (His father started out as a heel, actually)
    * Fuerza Guerrera: Tough as nails SOB. Always hard to bring down and a serious mofo.
    * Sangre Chicana: Another guy who's feisty as all hell and knew how to bring it.
    * El Pirata Morgan: Remembered well for being a rumble-and-tumble heel as well as the gimmick he always had.
    * Emilio Charles: Another big-time heel, one of my most memorable wrestlers in my generation.
    * El Perro Aguayo: He had plenty of heart and combat know-how. One of my favorite Faces.
    * El Rayo de Jalisco: Masked luchador who had plenty of grit.
    * Atlantis: One of the better wrestlers I've seen. Good agility and plenty of determination.
    * Octagón: Another one of my all-time favorites. Guy never goes down when he oughta, but also had some of the most difficult fights in his career.
    * Lismark: 'The Blue Genie' as they called him, he had some pretty good techniques.
    * Mascara Sagrada: Another legend that brought his A-game when it counts.
    * Pierroth: His villainy and super-tough style of fighting was as memorable as the mask he wore.
    * Cien Caras: Aptly name because he could drop you and his alliance with you at the drop of a hat. Another legendary heel.
    * Super Muñeco: Pretty fun to see him fight; you're not gonna laugh at him once he's done with you.
    * Ponzoña: Bad dude with a cool mask. Another deadly heel in the long lineup of AAA.
    * Psicosis: His mask made him look like some kind of demonic satyr you'd see in heavy metal covers. Dangerous masked heel if I say so myself.
    * MS-1: Great partner to Satánico. Never turn your back on him.
    * Satánico: Ditto; he lasted longer though.
    * Super Porky 'El Brazo de Oro': A long-time fan favorite and big time underdog. His determination and heart won him many a tough match.
    * Dragón Volador: I think that was his name; not a bad luchador and he really knew how to fly from the turnbuckles.
    * Blue Demon: Another all-time legend. His legacy still lives on through his son.
    * Capitán Tinieblas: Dark is Not Evil describes him best; also a pretty good wrestler and his son Tinieblas II is still fighting.

If I remember more, I'll add them here.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    You know who you need to watch? Commando Negro. He is, by far, the best wrestler in Mexico, IMO. There are only 2 guys I can think of who can give him a run for his money. Bryan Danielson(Daniel Bryan to the WWE fans) and Chris Hero. God that would be a great 3 way match.

Blog Entries
    I'd need to be wary as to when I can watch Lucha again. It's been a looooooooong while. I also remember some of the other WWF wrestlers in the edgy mid-90s. I'll let you read my opinions later.

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    OK!

Also need to figure out what match goes up tomorrow.....maybe the Negro vs. Freelance match....

Blog Entries
    Oh, and by chance, have you read Kinnikuman?

Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    I've read a little(very little) but I've been meaning to. (Funny enough, apparently a lot of wrestlers like Manga. For example, Samoa Joe(of TNA and ROH fame) uses a muscle buster as an homage to Kinnikuman, Jushin Lyger(of WCW and NJPW fame) and John Cena(WWE's top guy since Austin left) are both huge fans of Fist of the North Star, and Lyger even made a move thanks to the comic(the Shooting Star Press))