Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Embrace tophats View Post
    functioning? yes

the problem is that the grail is not what was advertised (corruption or not). as far as i can tell, he was told the mechanics and why it was omnipotent. they never told him he needed to know the method. also, by kiritsugu's method, the grail would probably kill half of the people on earth and prevent the birth of those akasha decided would be evil, but i guess Angra decided to be a dick and prevent the grail from doing that
    It would have end up killing everyone on Earth becaus all humans are inherently evil.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

If you can't see the problem with having a goal and not being able to figure out how to accomplish it with world-shaping power, you need to reflect on it.
    two words: reality warping

also the movie "Absolutely Anything"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    It would have end up killing everyone on Earth becaus all humans are inherently evil.

inherently they are, but that does not mean any will act on that nature and commit evil. just search akasha for "evil people" in the book index and rip off those pages

Depending on which school of philosophy the Grail is a fan of.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Snow View Post
    Depending on which school of philosophy the Grail is a fan of.
    The Grail is a fan of nothing, that's the entire issue.

Kiritsugu thought the Grail would be a magical god that just needed an objective to be input into it and it would take care of the rest, but it's just a wish-granter, and to make a wish you need to know the end result you want. Something you don't know can't be included in your wish.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If it follows Nasu's definition of "what evil means in Fate" then evil is a thing some people are born as (Kotomine) but you can still do bad shit even if you're not inherently evil.

Blog Entries
    two words: reality warping
    This responds to nothing.

inherently they are, but that does not mean any will act on that nature and commit evil. just search akasha for "evil people" in the book index and rip off those pages
    I don't think you understand how the Grail, Akasha, or really just humans work.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Banned

I...what?

What does evil even have to do with anything?

"you know, i am sure the HG would be able to figure this thing out by running its algorythm and achieve your ideal result after some computations, but you see, i am called Angra Mayu for a reason and i only exist to kill all of humanity, so i am just going to use my admin previledges to make sure the algorythm only reaches the conclusion of "blind 100% efficacy rate genocide", ok babe?"

Blog Entries
    "you know, i am sure the HG would be able to figure this thing out by running its algorythm and achieve your ideal result after some computations, but you see, i am called Angra Mayu for a reason and i only exist to kill all of humanity, so i am just going to use my admin previledges to make sure the algorythm only reaches the conclusion of "blind 100% efficacy rate genocide", ok babe?"
    Are you just spouting random things unrelated to anything in actual canon by now?
    O piteous Wanderer.

Banned

I don't think you understand how the Grail, Akasha, or really just humans work.
    this was an analogy since the akashian records were originally a library in myth, unless i am mistaken. regardless, akasha is a filter of souls and pretty much everything and decides who has which origin and what soul type, so you can work from there

- - - Updated - - -

Are you just spouting random things unrelated to anything in actual canon by now?

feel free to state why something i said is not canon by quoting Nasu

Keep in mind that (I might be wrong here) AM is a product of human nature, and it is the way it is because of humanity.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    What the hell are you talking about? There is no way to judge 'evil' like that. Everybody had the potenyial to do evil, even if they're not born evil. You're just condeming all of humanity to death.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Blog Entries
    feel free to state why something i said is not canon by quoting Nasu
    Sure.

True "Evil" in the Nasuverse are people like Uryuu (source: zero material) and Kotomine who were born that way, while people like Shinji are false evils who came about through circumstances (source: interview). Though it would be possible to prevent the former if you had a way to stop specific souls from being born, that might not even prevent any evil act (as pre-Zero Kotomine shows, being born evil doesn't mean actively doing evil) and wouldn't stop other people from committing evil act by circumstances.
    Likewise you can't just "remove people that would commit evil acts through circumstances", because that would just change the circumstances. And what even is an evil act in this context? If it's anything opposed to "world peace", then it means you need to leave either one or very few humans who can get along perfectly; this is the scenario explained by Angra Mainyu in Zero.

Secondly, regardless of Angra Mainyu's presence, the Holy Grail can only do the will of the wisher. If the person committing the wish cannot imagine something, the Holy Grail cannot grant it. (Source: Zero)

That's right. This is your truth. The answer within Emiya Kiritsugu. In other words, the acts that should be carried out by the Holy Grail as a wishing machine.

"No!"

Kiritsugu shouted, with his hands stained by blood.

"I didn't wish for something like this! I wanted some other method... that's why I had no choice but to rely on a miracle..."

A method you yourself are not aware of could not possibly be included into your desire. You wished for the salvation of the world; therefore, it can only be realized by the means you are aware of.

"To hell with that! How is... this a miracle?!"

It is a miracle. What you had once aspired for, the deed that you were unable to achieve alone will finally be carried out on a scope unreachable by the hands of men. This is nothing if not a miracle.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If Zouken started off wanting to end people's suffering would this hypothetical grail consider him evil regardless due to committing evil acts at some point in his lifetime? What about Sakura?

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    If Zouken started off wanting to end people's suffering would this hypothetical grail consider him evil regardless due to committing evil acts at some point in his lifetime? What about Sakura?
    What about shirou? The person who wanted to be a hero of justice who ended up choosing one girl and causing the death of many by that choice. Or might live through his life killing people to save people. Would he consider 'good' or 'evil'?

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

What metric are you using here to determine that?
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

Quote Originally Posted by Elthanes View Post
    What metric are you using here to determine that?
    Avenger said humans = all the worlds evil in Hollow. Or at least it was heavily implied.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Blog Entries
    Avenger said humans = all the worlds evil in Hollow.
    Well yeah, the entire point of Avenger is that he takes in all the evils of the world so nobody else than him is evil regardless of what they do.

But that doesn't make everyone inherently evil, that just means everyone has the potential for evil. Nasu says only people like Kotomine are 'truly' evil.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Banned
    Sure.

True "Evil" in the Nasuverse are people like Uryuu (source: zero material) and Kotomine who were born that way, while people like Shinji are false evils who came about through circumstances (source: interview). Though it would be possible to prevent the former if you had a way to stop specific souls from being born, that might not even prevent any evil act (as pre-Zero Kotomine shows, being born evil doesn't mean actively doing evil) and wouldn't stop other people from committing evil act by circumstances.
    Likewise you can't just "remove people that would commit evil acts through circumstances", because that would just change the circumstances. And what even is an evil act in this context? If it's anything opposed to "world peace", then it means you need to leave either one or very few humans who can get along perfectly; this is the scenario explained by Angra Mainyu in Zero.

Secondly, regardless of Angra Mainyu's presence, the Holy Grail can only do the will of the wisher. If the person committing the wish cannot imagine something, the Holy Grail cannot grant it. (Source: Zero)

the only issue here is that you are taking the words of Angra Mayu who either probably just wants to mess with kiritsugu or is limited by a human mindset because it is using his wife as a shell. We don't know if the uncorrupted grail would need this logic or not or if the corrupted grail has any more limitations except for "it has to be a wish that ends in destruction"

the only issue here is that you are taking the words of Angra Mayu who either probably just wants to mess with kiritsugu or is limited by a human mindset because it is using his wife as a shell. We don't know if the uncorrupted grail would need this logic or not or if the corrupted grail has any more limitations except for "it has to be a wish that ends in destruction"
    I think any wish fulfilling device working perfectly would have been against the message of Zero and Fate in general

Blog Entries
    Why would Irisviel lie to Kiritsugu? You're pretty much grasping at straws.

In fact Angra Mainyu is actively encouraging Kiritsugu, not trying to demoralize him. There's no reason to think it's lying.
    O piteous Wanderer.