Page 5370 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 43704870527053205360536553685369537053715372537553805420547058706370 ... LastLast
Results 107,381 to 107,400 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrace tophats View Post
    see? someone was wrong. they must have based their entire answer on wiki info and never read any source materials themselves
    Now you're just being facetious.

And it still has no bearing on that you are basing your speculation on the routinely bad information found on the english wiki.
    Last edited by Trubo; February 16th, 2016 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Now you're just being facetious.

And it still has no bearing on that you are basing your speculation on the routinely bad information found on the english wiki.
    what speculation?

Tell me are the mods on the wiki stoping people from fixing the wiki or are people just not fixing it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    Tell me are the mods on the wiki stoping people from fixing the wiki or are people just not fixing it.
    The former mostly.

what speculation?
    Stuff like this

so, what if she dies and one milisecond later the throne gets destroyed, does that means she got recorded legitimately at some point and can be summoned whenever? we already know the world is going to end eventually and people from the future can be summoned after all
    Last edited by Trubo; February 16th, 2016 at 03:22 PM.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

Stuff like this
    great, now please mention something that i did not base off the content of the GO lore thread

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    1- BS

2- BS. no more often than most members here
    Hahaha

Sorry, I neglected to mention the times where you say things based on apparently not reading anything at all.

None of the facts/assertions in that speculation of yours originated in GO other than Scathach being summonable there, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    great, now please mention something that i did not base off the content of the GO lore thread
    The Throne doesn't work like that, and is not something that requires F/GO to know.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    I feel like its the latter? Maybe I'm just ignorant of the TM wikia subculture but why would there be a mod conspiracy to stop the wiki from getting better?

I think that the problem may be thatpeople who contribute a lot to the wiki are unable to actually fact check their writing, while people who can read Japanese understandably have no need for an English wiki.

Blog Entries
    The problem is less the mods stopping people from fixing the wiki and more the mods not stopping people from ruining the wiki.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    I feel like its the latter? Maybe I'm just ignorant of the TM wikia subculture but why would there be a mod conspiracy to stop the wiki from getting better?
    From what I've gathered from people that try to fix stuff, it's generally a case of someone undoing their corrections because what's already there is what people on the TM wiki believe to be correct.

I think that the problem may be thatpeople who contribute a lot to the wiki are unable to actually fact check their writing, while people who can read Japanese understandably have no need for an English wiki.
    Didn't it use to have a bunch of the japanese text of whatever was actually sourced?

Blog Entries
    It used to google translate the Japanese wiki yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Never forget Gawain's dark light hair.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    To be fair, TM hair colors don't make sense normally.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Shinji's hair is entirely the wrong shade of green!

So is there any rhyme or reason to the Einzbern first names? I have a feeling it is just Japanese made up "german" and then romanized. OTOH, Jubstacheit the 8th head is also called acht which is actually eight in German, so I'm wondering if behind some sort of kanaization then romanization they are actually proper German names/words.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The problem is less the mods stopping people from fixing the wiki and more the mods not stopping people from ruining the wiki.
    Shawn Wryyren is the best thing that happened to the wiki.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klassekatze View Post
    So is there any rhyme or reason to the Einzbern first names? I have a feeling it is just Japanese made up "german" and then romanized. OTOH, Jubstacheit the 8th head is also called acht which is actually eight in German, so I'm wondering if behind some sort of kanaization then romanization they are actually proper German names/words.
    The answer is this is the same universe as Luviagelita, Bazett, and Flat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    None of the facts/assertions in that speculation of yours originated in GO other than Scathach being summonable there, though?
    ok. time for 2 yes/no questions.

does the fulfillment of Solomon's plan destroy the throne?

does the death of alaya destroy the throne?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Hahaha

Sorry, I neglected to mention the times where you say things based on apparently not reading anything at all.
    reading between the lines of someone's comment over the internet is especially hard when your mind is on an exam.

Don't worry. i too know that pain

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    ok. time for 2 yes/no questions.

does the fulfillment of Solomon's plan destroy the throne?

does the death of alaya destroy the throne?

Probably no and no.

To #1 not 100% sure because its time travel shenanigans. At the start of FGO Solomon has already succeeded because we're no longer able to look very far into the future, and what we can see is that human civilization is dead. But now we're chasing after him and undoing his work, with heroes summoned from the Throne.

Alaya is not the Throne. The Throne is a "place" outside time and space, like the Root (but is not the Root).

- - - Updated - - -

Furthermore if killing Alaya (which is mainly an English fan preferred term like Gaia. Not actually used very often at all. Its just Humanity, like collective human consciousness concept) meant killing the Throne then FGO summoning definitely wouldn't be possible.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; February 16th, 2016 at 06:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    1. Are HS' conscious when they're on the Throne? Or are they just data until the World/a HGW decides to put them to use?
    2. Does Alaya die if Gaia dies (I suppose not, but I wanna be sure)? I'm wondering if you could have CGs in Notes.
    Last edited by Washada; February 16th, 2016 at 07:13 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    marie antoinette is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the nasuverse

Scientifically, it is impossible to throw a rock at someone, say something in German, and have it explode.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Don't step on the Saber, wild squirrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I've learned from a certain Jedi master that when you got the high ground, you automatically win.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    See, I'd say that the absolutely worst thing about "Prisma Illya" is exactly the sexualisation of children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Open your mind. There are many paths in front of you
    "I was under the influence of having a gun to shoot somebody."