Page 5861 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 48615361576158115851585658595860586158625863586658715911596163616861 ... LastLast
Results 117,201 to 117,220 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Is there a problem I'm not seeing about Proto Gil being a younger version of Gilgamesh? Because it seems like a perfectly reasonable hypothesis to me.
    Because proto gil seems much cooler than gil

look at that abs

that spike

thtat golden minigun in his back

that actual bow
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoArcDragonhound View Post
    So from my reading of Bedi's profile, it says that while he did a lot more compared to all of the other Knights of the Round Table, his feats were nowhere near as impressive as their's. So would it have likely gone something like this in Bedi's daily life?

Bedi: I just saved a village from a band of raiders. Put out five house fires by myself and found ten missing children.

Tristan: I just saved a princess.

Lancelot: I slew a dragon.
    Probably closer to

Camelot footsoldier: That last battle, I slew two.

Bedivere: Seven.

Tristan: Forty-two.

Lancelot: I myself am sitting pretty on forty-three.

Tristan: (shoots the one Lancelot is sitting on) Forty-three.

Lancelot: He was already dead.

Tristan: He was twitching.

Lancelot: He was twitching because he's got Arondight embedded in his nervous system.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    and Chaldea is, for now, outside that map so it gets the special treatment too?

maybe?
    that's what it says in the new case files. (y)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    it actually makes my head explode

i shouldnt think too hard anymore
    why does cu have tron lines in extra.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    i bet the answer is going to be that the world unscrambles world lines so that heroic spirits summoned as servants match the worldline's timeline with the exception of counter guardians who can be summoned in any worldline.
    I've always figured all HSs that ever were and could ever be have always been there in the Throne and you just "unlock" access to a given HS when stuff happens within your worldline because Bedi or Seiba not ever becoming a HS in any worldline until FSN/Camelot happens is kinda silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially given it's atemporal.

- - - Updated - - -

Grind those cheevos world 616 or you're never getting that Grand Saber unlock.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I've always figured all HSs that ever were and could ever be have always been there in the Throne and you just "unlock" access to a given HS when stuff happens within your worldline because Bedi or Seiba not ever becoming a HS in any worldline until FSN/Camelot happens is kinda silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially given it's atemporal.

- - - Updated - - -

Grind those cheevos world 616 or you're never getting that Grand Saber unlock.
    Well, yes.

But we don't talk about that too much because it needs up the writing. Like if every Servant already knew exactly how their HGW was going to go... the Grail doesn't let it happen, is the writing reason to avoid it

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Needs up?

Blog Entries
    Looking at my keyboard I wanna say "messes" and "was typed on a phone"

Blog Entries
    I read that entire section of Medusa and for the longest time I thought everyone was talking about Medea, and it felt disconcerting cause I expected somebody to shit on the witch in passing even once.

It was only at the end with the monstrous strength bit that I realized they were talking about the totally irrelevant one.

Great Big Ben London Star Rahab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    It was only at the end with the monstrous strength bit that I realized they were talking about the totally irrelevant one.
    Pardon me, but how do you figure Medusa is more irrelevant than Medea? Rider gets less time dedicated to her than a lot of the other F/SN servants, yes, but she is still at least as important in HF as Caster was in UBW.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahab View Post
    Pardon me, but how do you figure Medusa is more irrelevant than Medea? Rider gets less time dedicated to her than a lot of the other F/SN servants, yes, but she is still at least as important in HF as Caster was in UBW.

probably because the only amount of HF that is relevant is the last 20% and even then her relevancy is kinda "ehhhhhh"

I mean she's not the only totally irrelevant one. Cu's also fucking pointless.

I agree, I just thought it was a bit extreme to say she's totally irrelevant.

OK, she is 'mostly' irrelevant
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

I'll be honest here, I like Rider as a character and my brain is trying to make her more important to the story than she is. You're right though, most of what she does in F/SN doesn't require it to be Medusa that's doing it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What happens to the soul if it's eaten, like by a Servant? Does it not return to the Origin, or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    What happens to the soul if it's eaten, like by a Servant? Does it not return to the Origin, or what?
    souls don't return to the root.
    they disperse and the origin goes back. so the question is what happens to the origin.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So what would the soul be, relative to the origin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    like the metaphysical core, cornerstone
    you can find more on it in drinking, dreaming moon.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    souls don't return to the root.
    they disperse and the origin goes back. so the question is what happens to the origin.
    I was under the impression that they did since Roa's whole thing was maintaining his individuality while his soul was in the Root, allowing him to move on to another body without losing his memories.

Is his case just that different, or am I just misunderstanding how Roa's reincarnation works?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    I was under the impression that they did since Roa's whole thing was maintaining his individuality while his soul was in the Root, allowing him to move on to another body without losing his memories.

Is his case just that different, or am I just misunderstanding how Roa's reincarnation works?
    roa's soul never disperses

"I said all of his information earlier, but to say it simpler, think of it as his 'soul'.
    It wouldn't be quite correct to say his soul propagates through the air and takes over someone's body, but it's similar to an electro-magnetic wave.
    In this case, the human brain is what does the transmitting and the receiving.
    His exceptional point is that he took this soul, which is incalculable and something that disperses as soon as it leaves the envelope of the body, and processed it as something that could be transmitted."
    so when roa is alive he finds his next target.
    Then when he dies, his radio-wave soul is sent there circumventing death.