Page 6345 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 53455845624562956335634063436344634563466347635063556395644568457345 ... LastLast
Results 126,881 to 126,900 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Because everyone knows that Casters suck and anything that one could make in such a short time totally couldn't have an impact on the war.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    but they think it's for Red Caster's workshop.
    can somebody remind me when was this again
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Even though the plan for their Caster is to build his NP and then wreck all the shit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    can somebody remind me when was this again
    Startegy meeting tween Darnic and Vlad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Because everyone knows that Casters suck and anything that one could make in such a short time totally couldn't have an impact on the war.
    Ah, so it's the good old 'It's totally balanced seven sided death battle. Why, there is even proper magus among them. Disregard those four dudes with innate magic resistance.'

On the other hand Yggdmilenia were right. Red Caster does suck. Joke's on them though, it was Assassin's NP :V

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar
    Shakespeare still a terrifying torturer thanks to his Noble Phantasm, and then again credits to Semiramis since she willingly double-dutied as both Assassin and Caster for the war.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    What is shakspears phanatsm?

To be frank, Ultimate Despair.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Omida View Post
    Ok, so an issue regarding Hanging Gardens popped out in another forum, and after a bit of discussion, I arrived at current question.

So, in Apo, Red Faction imports all sorts of exotic, weird stuff for Semi's NP. Apparently, Black Faction is aware of it but they think it's for Red Caster's workshop.

So... Why the hell did they not stop it?! Even if it wasn't for flying super-fortress (because they honestly couldn't see that one coming), why would they allow Red Caster access to critical material he or she would need for their craft? Why would they allow their opponents any advantages? Are they that assured in their home-field advantage, that they decided to be sporting about Greater War?

Is that ever explained, or is it another case of 'Apocrypha writing is shit'?
    Well when they found out about it the thing was already completed so even if they wanted to disrupt it be too late. Plus even if they could get the information it wouldn't necessarily have the means to stop it at the moment. All the Servants have already been summoned and the big battle could happen at any moment, so it would have been useless to expend on it at that point.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Plus, I don't think vlad saw it as a problem.

Oh Vlad, you were screwed over even before the war began. One cannot help but feel immense (Pity) for the Black Fraction. They had so much time to prepare everything, yet things had already gone wrong during that period.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoArcDragonhound View Post
    Oh Vlad, you were screwed over even before the war began. One cannot help but feel immense (Pity) for the Black Fraction. They had so much time to prepare everything, yet things had already gone wrong during that period.
    There definitely are issues with balancing both sides.

I mean, Darnic has sixty years to prepare for this, only he (and Shirou) knew there would be another Fuyuki-style Grail War. I can buy why he would want Vlad, since his powerbase is in Romania or why he would want Avicebron. But he had sixty years to prepare five other Servants and his draw was really fucking meh with side of wildcards fucking up.

Meanwhile, Red Masters with barely any warning managed to get five/six (depending on one's view on Spartacus) spectacular Servants, and it can't all be explained by Clock Tower supplying them with top-tier catalysts (unless that's what happened). And Shirou spent shitton of time combing Middle East for Semi's catalyst.

Meanwhile, Red Masters with barely any warning managed to get five/six (depending on one's view on Spartacus) spectacular Servants, and it can't all be explained by Clock Tower supplying them with top-tier catalysts (unless that's what happened).
    That's what happened. Sorry? I don't know why you're making such a big deal about it. Just enjoy them fighting each other.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    That's what happened. Sorry?
    Well, I am not mad about that. Figures that Clock Tower would come down hard on any would be secessionists.

What irks me is that Darnic apparently decided that he will get Vlad, and after that his strategy basically was to point at six random people in Yggdmillenia/six most gifted magi after him in it, and ordering them to 'maybe try to get a catalyst for a decent Servant' without any further attempt to guide them at getting good team. (I will never let go of the fact he had sixty years for this shit. Or maybe binding his soul to a baby's fucked him more than I thought)

US Friend Code

I mean, Darnic has sixty years to prepare for this, only he (and Shirou) knew there would be another Fuyuki-style Grail War. I can buy why he would want Vlad, since his powerbase is in Romania or why he would want Avicebron. But he had sixty years to prepare five other Servants and his draw was really fucking meh with side of wildcards fucking up.

Meanwhile, Red Masters with barely any warning managed to get five/six (depending on one's view on Spartacus) spectacular Servants, and it can't all be explained by Clock Tower supplying them with top-tier catalysts (unless that's what happened). And Shirou spent shitton of time combing Middle East for Semi's catalyst.
    Actually the reason the Clock Tower got such great catalysts is because after the death of Kayneth Bram became paranoid and started stockpiling catalysts.

Also Black did have a fairly good selection. Other than Siegfried, Vlad, and Avicebron Both Chiron and Astolfo were powerful picks. Chiron is obvious since he is a former God and in terms of skills he rivals Scathach, not to mention thanks to his occupation he's probably one of the best strategists against heroes. As for Astolfo, I agree with you he's a wild card and isn't really powerful himself, but he is a Paladin of Charlemagne so that by itself would have made him a definite pick thanks to his usefulness and fame.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; August 14th, 2017 at 05:56 PM.

anywhere than here

Well, I am not mad about that. Figures that Clock Tower would come down hard on any would be secessionists.

What irks me is that Darnic apparently decided that he will get Vlad, and after that his strategy basically was to point at six random people in Yggdmillenia/six most gifted magi after him in it, and ordering them to 'maybe try to get a catalyst for a decent Servant' without any further attempt to guide them at getting good team. (I will never let go of the fact he had sixty years for this shit. Or maybe binding his soul to a baby's fucked him more than I thought)
    Being enemies of the Clock Tower meant they wouldn't have access to the catalysts the that Clock Tower would have.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Actually the reason the Clock Tower got such great catalysts is because after the death of Kayneth Bram became paranoid and started stockpiling catalysts.

Also Black did have a fairly good selection. Other than Siegfried, Vlad, and Avicebron Both Chiron and Astolfo were powerful picks. Chiron is obvious since he is a former God and in terms of skills he rivals Scathach, not to mention thanks to his occupation he's probably one of the best strategists against heroes. As for Astolfo, I agree with you he's a wild card and isn't really powerful himself, but he is a Paladin of Charlemagne so that by itself would have made him a definite pick thanks to his usefulness.
    Maybe I am too hard on them because we can compare Black with Red's Servants who are absolute monsters in their respective classes? Except for Shakespeare. No idea what his master was thinking/drinking/smoking when they came up with the idea.

US Friend Code
    Maybe I am too hard on them because we can compare Black with Red's Servants who are absolute monsters in their respective classes? Except for Shakespeare. No idea what his master was thinking/drinking/smoking when they came up with the idea.
    Probably has something to do with him being the most famous playwright in the world, still doesn't make him less suckish

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Probably has something to do with him being the most famous playwright in the world, still doesn't make him less suckish
    Wasn't the issue with summoning Casters (I mean, in general), that they will obviously be better at magecraft than you and they will show it? Maybe Will's Master had such a fragile ego he decided to go for what was sure to be sucky Caster after he confirmed the rest of the team would be great?

Otherwise, you should do the same as Roche and summon expert in your field, and then do everything in your power to make senpai notice you and teach you everything they know :V

JP Friend Code
    Wasn't the issue with summoning Casters (I mean, in general), that they will obviously be better at magecraft than you and they will show it? Maybe Will's Master had such a fragile ego he decided to go for what was sure to be sucky Caster after he confirmed the rest of the team would be great?

Otherwise, you should do the same as Roche and summon expert in your field, and then do everything in your power to make senpai notice you and teach you everything they know :V
    Didn't the person who summon him love books? I think it could have been for a chance to meet him or just really liked him.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Darnic didn't spec his Servant lineup for a Grail War, he spec'd it for owning the MA.

Vlad is a powerhouse who's great at crowd control. Siegfried's a mobile vanguard who can facetank enemy attacks and crush key points. Chiron's a master strategist and powerful artillery. Jack assassinates key opposition members to bring them down from the inside. Astolfo can give on the field orders, support key areas, and offer mobile support. Fran helps wreck shit and hardcounters magi. Finally Avicebron makes golems to supplant their homunculi army.

Team Black was great for fighting armies. Not so good at fighting Ancient Indian Visual Kei.
    His master was a bibliophile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3