Page 6371 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 53715871627163216361636663696370637163726373637663816421647168717371 ... LastLast
Results 127,401 to 127,420 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, because that's how Servants work
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That has nothing to do with the fact that EMIYA has low stats and a good projectile NP therefore making him characteristic of the Archer class?
    So where do the sword skills and defenses factor in?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Yes, because that's how Servants work
    Oh so if EMIYA has an super np that has the concept of beating everything, he would still be low level? I just want to know how asinine your classification system is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Oh so if EMIYA has an super np that has the concept of beating everything, he would still be low level? I just want to know how asinine your classification system is.
    Yes

A crap-tier Servant able to fight beyond their level because of OP skills/Phantasms is hardly a rarity. And that's precisely what Emiya is.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    What differentiated an esper from a magus again?
    It's an isolated mutation depending on being born with ESP circuits, and its users induce paranormal effects naturally without realising that they're paranormal.

And was there ever more than one person in the Alliance of Illusionary Eyes?
    FakeShiki, Shiki, and Seo make three?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    It's an isolated mutation depending on benig born with ESP circuits, and its users induce paranormal effects naturally without realising that they're paranormal.
    How does one not realize that psychic powers are abnormal?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So where do the sword skills and defenses factor in?
    As things unrelated to the Archer class definitions?
    That's like asking where Cu's runes factor into his being a Lancer.

Cu is characteristic of the Lancer class because he has high AGI and is good at hit and run tactics.
    EMIYA is characteristic of the Archer class because he has low parameters and good skills and NPs.
    Herc is not characteristic of the Berserker class because that class is meant to be used to power up a weak Servant.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    What differentiated an esper from a magus again? And was there ever more than one person in the Alliance of Illusionary Eyes?
    They usually can't into nature interferences. (as if that would stop Nasu)

What they do is linked to their origin, since it's all connected to the root.

JP Friend Code
    Yes

A crap-tier Servant able to fight beyond their level because of OP skills/Phantasms is hardly a rarity. And that's precisely what Emiya is.
    So stats are all that you go by and not the other 2 things that actually matter. What's the point of such a worthless classification?

Because they don't realize what the difference between normality and the paranormal is.

Kinda like thinking you jumping 10 meters in the air means you're just really good at jumping.

The ESPers themselves take ESP for granted, and treat it as something they simply "can do". They only realise that they are abnormal after others (who can only comprehend "normal") have pointed it out.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    because from their view of the world it's "normal"
    those with two channels and that second channel being how non-psychics see the world can recognize it's not normal.
    however those people are rare.
    "I don't know. Let's say channel 3 is a channel that receives the words of plants instead of people. Let's say that on channel 4, the brain waves making your body move actually move something else. It's amazing to have these kinds of channels. There, the common sense airing on channel 8 doesn't exist. Since the most popular channel shows the common sense needed to live in this current world, other channels do not show such a thing. At the very least, the morals of channel 8 are not shown."

"So you mean not having channel 8 would make you mentally abnormal?"

"Yup. Say there's someone that only has channel 3. That person can talk to plants, but in turn, cannot talk to people. As a result, society treats that person as mentally disabled and locks them up in a sanitarium. That's what it means for a person to have supernatural powers. It's a person who has had different channels compared to everyone else since the time the person was born. But, most people with supernatural powers have such channels as 4 and 8 at the same time and can switch between them. They're channels that you can switch between when you want to, right? When you watch channel 4, you can't watch channel 8. When you watch channel 8, you can't watch channel 4. People with supernatural powers in society live by using both of them, the usual self and the abnormal self."
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    Also humans in this era are deluding themselves. There is a reason mysteries are dying out.

Like you see someone do magics and immediately think what kind of trick was used.

however those people are rare.
    Rather, the norm? Also, the comparison to switching channels makes me think of glasses on or off Touko.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably what it was meant to do.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So stats are all that you go by and not the other 2 things that actually matter. What's the point of such a worthless classification?
    Because its not just stats.
    Like it was said before, it's your fame, mystery, what you mean to humanity as a hero, your "glow" as a Heroic Spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by zero
    This black knight definitely didn't have any of the "radiance" that bore the other Servants who were already there. Arturia, Diarmuid, and the King of Conquerors Alexander as well as the yet unannounced golden Archer all have that "shine". This is the expression of the pride of a Heroic Spirit. The honor of the legends everyone praises and longs for. This is an essential element of their "noble phantasm".
    Speaking with a dispassionate voice, Lancer of Red was cornering Lancer of Black. His precision, which didn’t show the slightest bit of mercy, was truly cold-hearted, suitable for a great hero.

However, the hero Vlad III, who had equally fought against him just a little bit earlier, was greatly inferior to him.

Lancer of Black himself could also sense that abnormality. He had become weaker. If his earlier self was rated 10, his current self was at best a 6.

Stakes were being created from Lancer of Black’s own body. But their force and sharpness were not as great as before. Even without covering himself in flames, Lancer of Red was able to repel all of them with just his spear and armor.
    Naturally, Lancer of Red, Karna, also had close to zero fame here. But there was a difference in basic power between Karna and Vlad III.

Even if his fame was equal to zero, as long as his legend existed somewhere in the world, Karna was unmistakably a great hero. On the other hand, outside of Romania, Vlad III was only known as a blood-sucking vampire.

Having been summoned with the characteristics of a hero, Lancer of Black’s fame didn’t give him any power. Rather, it inhibited his ability to display his original specs.

As he faced against Lancer of Red who wielded a spear, Lancer of Black had lost the refinement, splendor and even sternness that he had always maintained. Only the fact that he had pride and dignity as a hero supported him.
    Your rank as a Heroic Spirit isn't one that's displayed on the status screen.

Heroic Spirits are beings classified as heroes, their "strength" comes from the legends surrounding their hero-ness. If you don't have legends about you being a hero like how EMIYA doesn't you can't be a high level Heroic Spirit.
    It's the same reason why the Hassans are weak as Heroic Spirits even if they can clear subcategory HGWs in like a few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Rather, the norm?
    my bad

JP Friend Code
    Because its not just stats.
    Like it was said before, it's your fame, mystery, what you mean to humanity as a hero, your "glow" as a Heroic Spirit

Your rank as a Heroic Spirit isn't one that's displayed on the status screen.

Heroic Spirits are beings classified as heroes, their "strength" comes from the legends surrounding their hero-ness. If you don't have legends about you being a hero like how EMIYA doesn't you can't be a high level Heroic Spirit.
    It's the same reason why the Hassans are weak as Heroic Spirits even if they can clear subcategory HGWs in like a few days.

- - - Updated - - -

my bad
    Alright then what do you use to classify servants by actual ability.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alright then what do you use to classify servants by actual ability.
    personally?
    I don't
    I look at each match-up based on individual traits, abilities, and meme value

Reading the past dozen pages is like seeing the Dartz power vacuum being filled up in real time

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from Kerry and Emiya? and the SN summon chant, has the ring of deterence term or however you want to call 抑止の輪 shown up anywhere
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnLap View Post
    Reading the past dozen pages is like seeing the Dartz power vacuum being filled up in real time
    Am I now more of a heroic spirit than EMIYA?

Calling Emiya top tier in anything aside from cooking and defenseless anus exploration is quite generous

JP Friend Code
    What about cleaning?