Page 6386 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 53865886628663366376638163846385638663876388639163966436648668867386 ... LastLast
Results 127,701 to 127,720 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I dunno, Alcides physical feats have been pretty threathening so far. And thats with his godly constitution removed.
    Isn't that because the Sash to power-up his arrows and the Nemean pelt for defense?
    At least the only thing that I can remember is him taken a direct hit from Hippolyta's punch

He also got very, very briefly beat down by Jack.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Herc's entire role in the story is to appear threatening so we can be suitably impressed/terrified whenever Shirou/Saber/Gil deals with him effortlessly.
    And the VN did a wonderful job of that. In Fate, he nearly kills Saber immediately. In UBW, it takes two Servants and a terrain advantage for Saber and Archer to put up any sort of real fight against Herk.

The anime depiction of that same fight is utter garbage once you get past the memes, simply because Saber gets depicted as too powerful. This cheapens the fight between her and Kojirou, but then throws everything out of whack when YAMASODACHI appears.
    Last edited by Trubo; August 29th, 2017 at 12:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Then again, most of the problem comes of him bein too reliant of his God Hand make him an unstoppable monster rather than being most threatening because of his strenght or way to fight, something that at least I grateful to see with his pankration in the anime

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not really. Day 3 drives home the point that Herk is a nightmare because of how strong and fast he is. God Hand is just icing on the cake.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Not really. Day 3 drives home the point that Herk is a nightmare because of how strong and fast he is. God Hand is just icing on the cake.
    Against Saber who already fought against Cu and EMIYA in that day. Then at day 11 when she was recharged (not fully) she can clash attacks and make him lose balance where if isn't by his skin that would have ended badly for him

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    What VN did you read, that her confrontation with Archer constituted a fight?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    What VN did you read, that her confrontation with Archer constituted a fight?
    The same where Shirou shows concern about it saying something like "shit, this is already her third battle"

I still remember I was shitting brick when i first saw Herc in the VN, combined with that BGM it truly give a "oh shit Shirou and Rin are fucked sideway" feel

The Anime feel way too shounen-ish and makes Saber appear stronger than she is at the time

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Maybe... Saber is stronger in anime than in the visual novel.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    Isn't that because the Sash to power-up his arrows and the Nemean pelt for defense?
    At least the only thing that I can remember is him taken a direct hit from Hippolyta's punch
    supersonic arrow
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Eh, can we agree the animation is at least redeemable and voice actors?

Yea, the animation is voice actors
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Against Saber who already fought against Cu and EMIYA in that day. Then at day 11 when she was recharged (not fully) she can clash attacks and make him lose balance where if isn't by his skin that would have ended badly for him
    It's hard to take the wound caused by Gae Bolg seriously when it doesn't appear to hinder Saber unless the plot demands it. As much as I didn't like Zero, at least Diarmuid's hit was relevant.

This makes me want to ask how much did of the anime did Nasu supervise?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    This makes me want to ask how much did of the anime did Nasu supervise?
    He apparently wrote the script for it, so alot I guess.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    It's hard to take the wound caused by Gae Bolg seriously when it doesn't appear to hinder Saber unless the plot demands it. As much as I didn't like Zero, at least Diarmuid's hit was relevant.
    Well that was one of those times when we saw her bleeding from her chest during the fight against Herk

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well that was one of those times when we saw her bleeding from her chest during the fight against Herk
    Only ever mentioned during the Fate and, I think, the HF versions of that scene. In UBW though, while we do see a blood CG, it's a result of Saber getting swatted away by Herk the first time, no mention of Saber and Cu's battle.

Another scene that could have been fixed with the anime, but ufo went the other direction because Saber wanking is money.

JP Friend Code
    That's talking about the day 3 fight in UBW where it wasn't the shiniest moment for Herk except for him surviving Caladbolg. Because otherwise the fight was in Saber's side (except for not knowing about God Hand).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It was in her favor from the perspective of being unaware of how God Hand works. Otherwise, barring removing Invisible Air to attack normally or doing what the anime did, Saber posed no real threat to Herk.

The VN can get somewhat of a pass for not going over God Hand again because we know how it works from Fate, but I don't recall the anime implying God Hand is anything more than being a reserve stock of lives at that point in time, and one that apparently takes time to activate. Multiple lives aren't all that scary if you can act during the revival process to keep killing him.