Page 6504 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 55046004640464546494649965026503650465056506650965146554660470047504 ... LastLast
Results 130,061 to 130,080 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

US Friend Code
    Pretty sure Zouken didn't have the crest yeah? I believed they abandoned the crest long ago to have worms as the replacement.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    well shirou didnt use his circuit over, for years, and he needs only several days to get used to it and for it to go back 100%, tho to begin with its already not that good of a circuit

i wouldnt call that atrophy but you can say its a small scale atrophy so ???
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000 View Post
    How exactly were Shakespeare and Andersen creating Phantoms in Shinjuku? That shouldn't be an ability of either of them.
    Well, for one, it isn't exactly specified what the requirements are to be able to do it, so in turn why couldn't Shakes and Anderson do it?

And while we don't exactly know why, the fact that its Shakes and Anderson that can do it probably has something to do with their Noble Phantasms. Phantoms are closely tied to the idea of a localized story.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Its Baal the demon pillar fault.
    No srsly you can always be sure its the demon pillar fault.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I don't have an issue with them being able to summon Phantoms, I have an issue with them never doing so in previous appearances. Shakespeare is even stated to have no capabilities in battle by the mats (and I believe Andersen has a similar statement), and summoning would be a helpful ability in battle. Which is why I was wondering if there was context. I know Shakespeare was half-altered so maybe that was part of it, and I could buy Andersen having arranged it in advance via his NP.

If there was no context then I guess in-universe they never told anyone they could do it because they're trolls...which admittedly wouldn't be that out of character.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait is it actually Baal's fault?

US Friend Code
    I don't have an issue with them being able to summon Phantoms, I have an issue with them never doing so in previous appearances. Shakespeare is even stated to have no capabilities in battle by the mats (and I believe Andersen has a similar statement), and summoning would be a helpful ability in battle. Which is why I was wondering if there was context. I know Shakespeare was half-altered so maybe that was part of it, and I could buy Andersen having arranged it in advance via his NP.

If there was no context then I guess in-universe they never told anyone they could do it because they're trolls...which admittedly wouldn't be that out of character.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait is it actually Baal's fault?
    How would that be useful? Phantoms are weak as shit that can't even materialize on their own. Whether Shakes or Hans had the capabilities to do so before is irrelevant since without Baals meddling summoning Phantoms would do you very little good. Also with backup Shakes can summon a Servant, they just be so weak that they would do little to anything if I remember those facts correctly I think.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How exactly were Shakespeare and Andersen creating Phantoms in Shinjuku? That shouldn't be an ability of either of them.
    it was shinjuku
    shit was going haywire

everything shakes was writing like romeo and juliet and king lear were turning alter and real enough to fight you
    btw those you fight aren't phantoms
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    The decline of the Matou house happened when Zouken first became head of the Makiri's which was 500 years. He only moved to Japan 200 years ago to start the Heavens Feel.
    I'm pretty sure someone - maybe Rin? - mentions the reason for the Matous' decline is that the land of Japan didn't agree with their magic, or something similar.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; November 23rd, 2017 at 05:23 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I'm pretty sure someone - maybe Rin? - mentions the reason for the Matou's decline is that the land of Japan didn't agree with their magic, or something similar.
    that's true but the matou were already declining before that.
    so the japan compatibility doesn't even matter.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

US Friend Code
    ^this basically.

The stuff I said comes from Zouken's monolouge during the end of the Heavens Feel, where he was dying he was trying to rationalize the original reason why he wanted immortality

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Oh, I didn't remember that part. Sorry!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    that's true but the matou were already declining before that.
    so the japan compatibility doesn't even matter.
    Well, it was in decline, but moving hastened the process, so it’s not that it didn’t matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Well, it was in decline, but moving hastened the process, so it’s not that it didn’t matter.

I don't want to die

But that's not why.
    It's not that the Japanese soil didn't suit them.
    The Makiri didn't die out because of an external factor.
    They merely dropped out.

It has been three hundred years since the start of their search.
    Three hundred years was their limit.
    The family died out in Zouken's generation.
    The suffering started there, and the old man could do nothing but deny the truth.
    Matou Zouken's life was a frantic protest against the end of the Makiri bloodline.

Quote Originally Posted by cm3
    Matou Zouken
    The Makiri line moved from their homeland to Fuyuki and fell. For a magus to leave their land carries the meaning of departing from their own magic foundation and is extremely risky.
    zouken was basically the last generation.
    Japan was bad for the family but the family was already dead at zouken's generation.
    So the compatibility doesn't even matter. There was no process to hasten because it was already finished when they got to japan.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Yeah that's right, also changing location does seem to be the catalyst for the decline for many mage family's it seems. I remember there was a family in Ygg that was like that also I think Kairi's family was also like that tho I don't remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Snipe kinda, tho appears I was a little wrong.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    In SF it sounded it was common for mage families eventually fall into decline (magic circuit/crest-wise) because the Clock Tower viewed the fact that Escardos circuits/crest stability as a potential threat because it never declined despite its age.

Makes me wonder if they have something like a maximum they can reach, and once they reach it, it starts dropping after? Though how it's stated in FSN sounds like it's a temporal thing?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    In SF it sounded it was common for mage families eventually fall into decline (magic circuit/crest-wise) because the Clock Tower viewed the fact that Escardos circuits/crest stability as a potential threat because it never declined despite its age.

Makes me wonder if they have something like a maximum they can reach, and once they reach it, it starts dropping after? Though how it's stated in FSN sounds like it's a temporal thing?
    Didn't Olock I believe he was called said something about his crest dying from how old it is?

anywhere than here

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    zouken was basically the last generation.
    Japan was bad for the family but the family was already dead at zouken's generation.
    So the compatibility doesn't even matter. There was no process to hasten because it was already finished when they got to japan.
    So was Kariya basically the equivalent of a first generation Magus just popping up?
    Since he had at least OK circuits IIRC.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The Phantoms wouldn’t be useful, the King Lears and Macbeths would be. If he could only summon those because he was altered that would make sense.