Page 6946 of 7877 FirstFirst ... 5946644668466896693669416944694569466947694869516956699670467446 ... LastLast
Results 138,901 to 138,920 of 157539

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Where was it stated that Emiya's HGW was basically the Fate route minus him and Saber falling in love? Want to say season 2 Q&A, but don't remember where to find those.
    I think also in Complete Material III.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Unless I missed it, CM3 just says that none of the routes are very likely for Shirou to end up following Archer's path.

Quote Originally Posted by CM
    Q: During the last part of Sakura’s route, Shirou was saved by the tiny bit of residual mana in Tohsaka Rin’s pendant. Also, it seems like Rin knew about the difference in residual mana between the thing he got back from Archer and the thing he was holding, so could Sakura’s route be the one in which Shirou becomes a Heroic Spirit after all? Or could you tell us the route(s) in which Shirou doesn’t become a Heroic Spirit?

A: I’ll just say now that he doesn’t become a Heroic Spirit in any of the routes, but the possibility is still present in all of them as well. Basically, the probability of it happening is almost zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    True but then you have the case of Cu Alter and Alcides, is that when you compare themselves to the previous versions the difference between their strongest stat( Cu's Agi, Herks Str) is whether they have a plus or not. Alcides is A, Herk with ME is A+, Cu is A, Cu Alter is A+
    That doesn't necessarily mean anything, Parameters can change between classes.

I always took it as: Archer Herk has A STR. Berserker Herk has B+, but is ranked up by ME.

Edit: shit, should have refreshed the page

Unless I missed it, CM3 just says that none of the routes are very likely for Shirou to end up following Archer's path.
    Then I misremembered. I've definitely seen the text saying that Archer is from a Fate route where he didn't fall in love with Saber cited on this site before though.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Basically to elaborate my point. We know Artoria Lancers Alter is Artoria Lancer Alter, with her equipment and abilties being based on og Artoria Lancer. The same applies with Artoria Saber and her Alter self. The thing with Cu though that with this it doesn't seem that Berserker Cu Alter is based on og Berserker Cu, it feels more like he is based on Lancer Cu. This would be better if we had Berserker Cu but that's just how it feels to me.
    Unrelated to your point, but isn't Lancer Alter actually more of a Lion King Alter than a Lancer Artoria Alter?

Want to say season 2 Q&A, but don't remember where to find those.
    That's right

Q: What was the Fifth Grail War that Heroic Spirit Emiya experienced in his lifetime like? Was the Archer summoned there also Emiya?
    Nasu: It was a world where the conditions at the beginning of the war were mostly the same, but something was missing. Shirou summoned Saber and fought until the end, didn't save Saber's heart but understood her, and they destroyed the grail together and parted... that's the image I have.
    Takeuchi: Ahh, so something like a Fate route Good End we didn't make in the game?!
    Nasu: Yeah, probably. After that, it is believed he cooperates with Rin who survived, and heads to London.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Then I misremembered. I've definitely seen the text saying that Archer is from a Fate route where he didn't fall in love with Saber cited on this site before though.
    Ye, you're right I remember this too, but that was a hypothetical Fate-like scenario where Shirou didn't fall in love and probably some other stuff.
    That said none of the 3 routes in game lead to Archer, so there's that

- - - Updated - - -

rip sniped, gj savepoints

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    That's right
    Link to what was translated of those Q&As so I can bookmark it? Didn't notice it on tsukikan's site in OP.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Link to what was translated of those Q&As so I can bookmark it? Didn't notice it on tsukikan's site in OP.
    Don't have it, sorry. Just remembered that was one of the things sourced on the wiki.

All I have from the booklet is this but it's not translated or anything so: link 1, link 2
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

I thought all the links were on the OP.

I mean, everything​ isn't in the OP, no.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Ye, you're right I remember this too, but that was a hypothetical Fate-like scenario where Shirou didn't fall in love and probably some other stuff.
    Personally, I took that description to mean that Shirou did fall in love with Saber, she just didn't reciprocate his feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    I mean, everything​ isn't in the OP, no.
    By everything, I meant all the Fate Complete materials books. Sorry for not being more specific.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Personally, I took that description to mean that Shirou did fall in love with Saber, she just didn't reciprocate his feelings.
    Sounds more like their relationship in HF.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    UBW True, perhaps.

Blog Entries
    I always took it to mean "Fate-like" in that he didn't square off with his future self or encounter the Shadow. People seem to get hung up on the idea that EMIYA is 100% Fate route Shirou.

It doesn't have to beat for beat. It's just the major notes of meeting Saber, forming a connection with Illya, etc.

The other bit of irritating Fanon for a while there is that he comes from the Illya route. God, I can't tell you how much I wanted that one to go die in a fire.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    Each of the routes was actually intended to show how shirou overcomes archer and moves past him, but admittedly fate was not as overt about that as it probably should have been.

I think a lot of LE was intended to fix that but we on BL (or anyone in the English fan base) didn’t get that since the pertinent quote was mistranslated for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

If no one is around to hear a pun, is the pun still punny?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Each of the routes was actually intended to show how shirou overcomes archer and moves past him, but admittedly fate was not as overt about that as it probably should have been.

I think a lot of LE was intended to fix that but we on BL (or anyone in the English fan base) didn’t get that since the pertinent quote was mistranslated for quite some time.
    What line?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    What line?
    The one that drew the difference between shirou and archer.

im gonna heavily paraphrase but the actual line was someothing like

”normally the difference between dream and reality should grind one down until becoming a grim duty, but not for this boy, he held onto it without flinching until the day he died, eventually realizing the impossible”

but it for a very long time it was translated as something like “for shirou, the line between dream and reality ground him down, becoming a grim duty.”

so instead of being a very specific statement about how shirou didn’t lose heart, it became something that really sounded like it was obliquely describing archer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.