Page 7240 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6240674071407190723072357238723972407241724272457250729073407740 ... LastLast
Results 144,781 to 144,800 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    But the Whore of Babylon was never historically connected to Rome. She was connected to, well, Babylon. The Beast she rode was, but that's not what the claim I'm refuting was about.

- - - Updated - - -

And sure, it's not much of a stretch to go from one to the other, but it's still not something one could assume by playing Extra, hence my saying it's FGO wank.

To reiterate, I'm not doubting that Nasu might or might not have planned to tie Nero to the Whore of Babylon "for real" when he wrote Gawain's lines or that it's any more wank than any of his usual wankery with religious and mythological figures, but it's something that did not become apparent until FGO came out and started dropping hints (and actually introduced the Beasts at large, though I'm not sure whether they made their debut first there or in Fragments).
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 21st, 2019 at 09:58 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    But the Whore of Babylon was never historically connected to Rome.
    Actually, it has. It's not my area of expertise, but it's basic Bible scholarship.

Blog Entries
    No, basic Bible scholarship ties Nero to the ANTICHRIST, not the Whore of Babylon. Before FGO came out all we had tying Nero to the woman riding the Seven-Headed Beast was Gawain calling her that, which I believe I've demonstrated enough already was him being perjorative and not literal.

EDIT: And maybe the CCC quote from BB's profile, ambiguous though it is.
    Not just antichrist, but also the beast being ridden by the whore
    Preterists really didn’t like Nero

You actually believe it's FGO thats made Nero into this and not that it was always what Nasu had in mind
    or is this genuine waifuism at work

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    To reiterate, I'm not doubting that Nasu might or might not have planned to tie Nero to the Whore of Babylon "for real" when he wrote Gawain's lines or that it's any more wank than any of his usual wankery with religious and mythological figures, but it's something that did not become apparent until FGO came out and started dropping hints (and actually introduced the Beasts at large, though I'm not sure whether they made their debut first there or in Fragments).
    Okay but this predates GO

We were told that Rider Nero had Sirrush a good bit before GO became a thing.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    You actually believe it's FGO thats made Nero into this and not that it was always what Nasu had in mind
    or is this genuine waifuism at work
    Pretty sure I just said I didn't. My waifu (insofar as I have one) is right there <- and I am neither Muslim nor Mormon at the time.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    but it's something that did not become apparent until FGO came out and started dropping hints
    Like I said the term for Beast class candidate (jinruiaku) were already around since Extra CCC (mentioned by Gil and Golden Fox) and Tamamo in the hanafuda game bundled with FSN port to the PSP. That scene with Nero making the "natural jinruiaku" that is Manaka (the one who has Root connection who summoned the beast 666 in Prototype) her bitch as well. But all people understood was that Tamamo has an evil form, Manaka is a natural jinruiaku w/e that term is and Nero's NP for some reason can cancel her Authority maybe cuz the Mother Harlot joke (without realizing jokes are deepest lores). This was back in 2005 (edit cuz memory derp) before FGO.

Not a single soul realized those were hints until FGO bring up that term, so you are correct that it was not that apparent back then. But FGO did not start dropping hints, hints were already there. Nasu probably had some plans back then, perhaps using them in some future novels or VN who knows, and he decided that FGO would be the place. If you take his words in interviews as truth, then he built FGO base on concepts from Prototype which includes the beast of revelation hence the introduction of the Beast class and retroactively give meaning to every related hints.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; August 22nd, 2019 at 02:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    I feel like you’re mixing up your timeline of port/hanafuda releases
    2005 Hanafuda was the original game inside hollow ataraxia, which was re-released for PSP as a special edition bonus bundled with PS2 Realta Nua
    EXTRA And Prototype peeps didn’t show up till the sequel they made to be the bonus for the Vita re-release of Realta Nua (this hanafuda was also for PSP but this time downloadable only) in 2012

JP Friend Code
    Oh yeah you're right. I forgot there are 2 games and the 2nd game is the one here.

And it makes more sense for the hints to be the 2nd game since CCC is released in 2013, then Clock Tower 2015 published in 2014 as a sort of premise for FGO and finally FGO debut in 2015 to reveal what those hints were about.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    But the Whore of Babylon was never historically connected to Rome. She was connected to, well, Babylon. The Beast she rode was, but that's not what the claim I'm refuting was about.
    Babylon was the big evil empire that oppressed the Hebrews in the Old Testament.
    Rome was the big evil empire that oppressed the Christians in the New Testament, whose personification was female (Roma).

Rome is Babylon.

Blog Entries
    Is there any information about magi in Russia? Or any kind of magical association/group/church/whatever?
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Criarino View Post
    Is there any information about magi in Russia? Or any kind of magical association/group/church/whatever?
    Some stuff

Like the Makiri

Or that the Romanov dynasty was a mage family

Or that Ivan the Terrible had some court magi, skilled enough to fuse humans with magical beasts.

I think that's it so far
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    I think I saw something about the Russian orthodox church somewhere in a VN, probably Fate
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, that's To aru.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Was the Lion King able to freely move her city?

Her making the Muslims have to walk all the way to Camelot implies that she couldn't, but if that is the case, a lot of her potential citizens (including the British people) would be denied the chance to spared for the simple fact they don't have any convenient way to travel to the Middle East, and that would be a huge logistics problem in her plan.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Was the Lion King able to freely move her city?

Her making the Muslims have to walk all the way to Camelot implies that she couldn't, but if that is the case, a lot of her potential citizens (including the British people) would be denied the chance to spared for the simple fact they don't have any convenient way to travel to the Middle East, and that would be a huge logistics problem in her plan.
    I don't believe that they could anyway, since those places were beyond the edge of the singularity.

Not that the Lion King would care as long as she had the minimum population size needed to make her little Terrarium.
    Last edited by forumghost; August 22nd, 2019 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Babylon was the big evil empire that oppressed the Hebrews in the Old Testament.
    Rome was the big evil empire that oppressed the Christians in the New Testament, whose personification was female (Roma).

Rome is Babylon.
    Speaking of this, is it true that there was a joke FGO event where Gil married Nero?

I remember people talking about it 1 or 2 years ago for some reason

US Friend Code
    They hosted a tournament together in New York last year

Blog Entries
    One thing that I always wanted to ask, how did EMIYA get the rho aias? I know that it is a copy, but he have to see and analyse the real thing before projecting it, right? Given that he probably wasn't around in the war of Troy...
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

US Friend Code
    Presumably he got deployed there for a Counter Guardian job at some point.