Page 7247 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6247674771477197723772427245724672477248724972527257729773477747 ... LastLast
Results 144,921 to 144,940 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FakerHero View Post
    Then what is?
    A+, and then however many pluses you desire to add after that.

Something you need to keep in mind is EX isn't the top of the F/SN power ranks, it represents things that can't be properly quantified on the normal power scale. To use an old meme if an A rank is like 10/10, then EX is Pineapple/10.

Blog Entries
    Worth noting that EX is usually a superior phantasm/skill. It just doesn’t have to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    is there a good translation of 矛盾した螺旋 that reads well and doesn't sound laughably chuuni? can such a thing possible?

earlier I was considering 'vicious spiral', playing off 'vicious circle', but I remain unconvinced by the attempt
    Spiral of antithesis?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    oxymoronic loop de loop

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Worth noting that EX is usually a superior phantasm/skill. It just doesn’t have to be
    EX infinite rice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    A is the top rank, a plus is a temporary powerup, EX is off the scale
    if A is 50, A + is 100
    if one rank up is 10, your hypothetical becomes A + 10, like Menwearpink says
    That doesn't make any sense because Caladbolg is an A+ NP that means it's output is 100. So if he traces it and by your theory one rank = 10 it drops one rank then it's output becomes 90 which is still higher than A but it's rank becomes C++, so he wouldn't have been able to kill Berserker in UBW, because God Hand isn't effected by numerical outputs. Also how is EX off the scale? It's on the scale only it's power output can't be measured that's all. All NPs whose power output can't be measured fall under the EX rank.

Or maybe it drops to B+, but goes back to A+ when you BP it. That’s the simplest and most fitting way to look at it.

why would it be C++
    I guess this is why numbers are best avoided huh...

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Or maybe it drops to B+, but goes back to A+ when you BP it. That’s the simplest and most fitting way to look at it.
    Yes that is the simplest and most fitting way to look at it. And by that logic when Archer breaks and A rank NP it becomes EX because EX is the rank after A.

why would it be C++
    I guess this is why numbers are best avoided huh...
    90 is the numerical output of C++. Yeah numbers are best avoided.

Parameter Rules [Others]
    For no particular reason, all the Servants had their abilities translated into specific parameters.
    It's pretty obvious just from looking at them that A is the strongest, but you might be thinking to yourself, "What on earth is all this B+ and A+ nonsense!?" Well, don't worry, because I'm going to take a moment to explain the rules behind it here.
    For sake of argument, let's assume that a normal value is 1. In that case, E would be 10. And, every rank after that adds another 10, all the way up to A, which is 50.
    Now, things like B+ and A+ represent the unique ability to multiply these numerical values for just an instant.
    In other words, an ability ranked B+ would normally be weaker than an ability ranked A, but can momentarily exceed it by doubling its own power from 40 to 80.
    Heroic Spirits with A+ (plus) are rare, those with A++ (double plus) are extraordinary, and those with A+++ (triple plus) are in a class all their own.
    Also, a truly exceptional ability score that falls outside the numerical ranking scale is represented by an EX.
    Though Gilgamesh's ability scores generally aren't very impressive, his EX rank Noble Phantasm parameter clearly distinguishes him from the other Heroic Spirits.
    it's not 'my theory' btw

But no A doesn’t become EX.

JP Friend Code
    I have a question, can Archer(EMIYA) trace Balmung? And if he can, the FGO rank of Balmung becomes EX after a rank up. So if he traced it and then broke it, would its rank become EX?
    Strengthening in FGO doesn't always make a NP rank up one rank. Some gets a +, some gets 2 +, some gets a full rank up, some has no change in rank.

it's not 'my theory' btw
    Sorry if that sounded rude, I didn't mean it that way. I just meant that you assumed that Archer's breaking ability works of the numerical ranking and not the alphabetical ranking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    But no A doesn’t become EX.
    Hence why I am here. What does it become?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Strengthening in FGO doesn't always make a NP rank up one rank. Some gets a +, some gets 2 +, some gets a full rank up, some has no change in rank.
    No yes i know that. But what if he traced the EX ranked version of Balmung?

JP Friend Code
    I doubt he can trace a holy sword that easily in the first place.

I doubt he can trace a holy sword that easily in the first place.
    As long as it's not a divine construct he should be able to trace it. Like Caliburn. Is there confirmation that Balmung is a divine construct?

I doubt he can trace weapons capable of EX scale attacks to a comparable scale in the first place tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Cursed, HOLY, blade

I doubt he can trace weapons capable of EX scale attacks to a comparable scale in the first place tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Cursed, HOLY, blade
    That is what makes his ability so unique. normally creating Caliburn which is a holy sword but not a divine construct, is impossible but because of his reality marble he can project weapons with more mana in them than in his own body.

JP Friend Code
    As long as it's not a divine construct he should be able to trace it.
    Extra mats implied that normally without being in Moon Cell environment he can't even project Holy Sword class weapons:
    In EXTRA, since the requirements for producing wrought iron have increased, Holy Sword class projections are possible, although their power is inferior to the originals
    Him being able to project Caliburn in FSN probably has a lot to do with his servant being Saber and probably one of the few exceptions he managed to do. That doesn't mean it will apply to any and every other holy swords.

Extra mats implied that normally without being in Moon Cell environment he can't even project Holy Sword class weapons:

Him being able to project Caliburn in FSN probably has a lot to do with his servant being Saber and probably one of the few exceptions he managed to do. That doesn't mean it will apply to any and every other holy swords.
    No it's only divine constructs. He also traced Durandal another holy sword used by Roland. And that was during fate stay night not extra. so no moon cell.
    Last edited by FakerHero; August 27th, 2019 at 03:34 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Don't "no" me when the quote right there stated that he was able to project holy sword class stuffs due to Moon Cell conditions. He can't project divine constructs AND holy swords normally outside Moon Cell. Period.